Autopsy Round 22 = Brisbane 142-57 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue is when you play with these loose style it always just going up the corridor you get burnt.

But we have been far to weak defensively just contesting in recent weeks.

Think in PSD and free agency either this summer or next we need to replace Mayne and Greenwood with some mature hard bastards who compete.

We didn’t get burned because of style, we got burned off skill execution. I guess you could argue you can paper over the skill errors if you’re playing an ultra defensive style.

The opening 20 seconds were great footy, as a matter of fact the entire first quarter was pretty solid.

It went downhill after that. We kept rolling downhill until we fell off a cliff.

We collected a few branches during our fall and finally splattered into a messy pool of blood and gore.
I checked the score and it was 40-33, thought to myself wow, we're in this! Checked 20 or so minutes later and it was 70-33. Watching it today was sobering

A lot of bad decisions.It’s a lesson in how not to run a football club,actually.

Out of interest, what were the bad decisions? What would have been better decisions?

It’s a lesson in how not to run a football club,actually.

How could the footy club be run better?

I checked the score and it was 40-33, thought to myself wow, we're in this! Checked 20 or so minutes later and it was 70-33. Watching it today was sobering
Were you pissed when you started watching it today? If you knew the final score, you would have to be fortified with something to watch it today. It is one of the few games from which I have been unable to extract more than one or two positive player attributes or performances. By the final quarter, our players were being treated like witches hats in a training drill, applying no pressure to their opposition.

That was Brisbane’s best game for the year, they won’t repeat that. Every single thing went right for them, it was like playing the Harlem Globetrotters out there. Not only were they getting paid marks they didn’t take (McInerny) they were able to scrag our boys relentlessly with no penalty only to have the commentators laud their “contested” style… even bringing up Zorko being a barometer for the club with his tackles right after he dragged a player not in possession to the ground and gave away a relayed free kick.

Flogs!

Having said that, their pressure and execution was far superior. We just weren’t up to it.

The end of the season can’t come soon enough.

Agree, there was a hell of a lot went their way, bounce of the ball, the not 15m calls, the “your off your mark play on” calls. Don’t think we helped ourselves too much with 2-3 Pies players often contesting against no Bears player in those congested stoppages feeding it out to Bears players for clean clearances. I can’t recall a game where it happened as often as last night.

Stuff

edit: LOOKS LIKE I CANT OH WELL NO LOSE

To format a post like this 👆

… I create this …

[QUOTE="lyfsux, post: 71601139, member: 47325"]
as above[/quote]

Stuff

[quote]edit: LOOKS LIKE I CANT OH WELL NO LOSE
[/QUOTE]

To format a post like this 👆 …

… I create this …

Expect it from the kids somewhat, but Darcy Cameron , Thomas, Wilbur, Murphy, Mason Cox , Noble, to name a few are just too flimsy. Even Billy, Steele and Moore can get shown up in the contest.

Yep, this. As we were lining up for the opening bounce I was thinking how Brisbane looked so much bigger than us. Harder more mature bodies overall. And more mature footballers. And a very talented forward line. And it came to pass…

Still I love watching Ginnivan. He’s so obviously a kid who loves footy and loves a goal. And if things don’t go his way he just gets up and gets on with it. He’ll be popular with his teammates and at the club. You can’t teach what he has.

This, I don’t know why people lose their mind. We won a flag in 2010 and played off in one in 2011 and 2018. We now rebuild. Big deal. You’ll get trashed.
Accept that’s where you are and be excited about the young kids coming through who are showing something.

Yeah no biggie, not that we should be in this position in the first place.

And we've got nothing to show for it, but hey no biggie.

And we're in a draft position that contenders are in, not bottom 4 but hey no biggie.

Yeah sure be excited about the kids but that doesn't mean let the club off the hook and all is forgiven.

Nup, they shat the bed and now the club and us fans have to reap what they've sewn. Nah fk em.

So after the Season should only be 1 or 2 people left in the Footy Department.

Wright and Scott Selwood?

I don’t think we were terrible. Skill errors yes, but endeavour was good. Ultimately this match showed us that we have a power of work to achieve over the next couple of years for hardness and match fitness so we can run out games strongly. Keep the faith! We are absolutely on the right track. Exciting times and a brilliant young list to build a team around.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are start of a Re-Build so be a Few Years before we are a Finals Team Again

Were you pissed when you started watching it today? If you knew the final score, you would have to be fortified with something to watch it today. It is one of the few games from which I have been unable to extract more than one or two positive player attributes or performances. By the final quarter, our players were being treated like witches hats in a training drill, applying no pressure to their opposition.
Hahaha, I wish! Lions made us look like amateurs from the 2nd quarter onward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I try and be pissed well before the game starts this year

You appeared to be inferring Bucks would not have let our boys cop that kind of flogging. Bucks last words as he left the SCG were very upbeat with regard to our list and future. Either his judgement is severely lacking or we have hit the wall at the end of a torrid season on and off the ground. Whatever you think, it has nothing to do with who was coaching today.

Bucks really wasn’t in any position to be candid?

Buckley: “I’d like to wish you all the best for the future, I love all of you. Unfortunately some of you are s**t footballers, I wish that wasn’t the case, but that’s the reality that you and the club will have to come to terms with, hopefully sooner rather than later. I’m confident that this team will have some good days and good victories ahead. But let’s get real, you’re destined to cop some serious floggings as well. Oh well, all the best. Thanks for everything. It’s been a blast!”

Bucks really wasn’t in any position to be candid?

Buckley: “I’d like to wish you all the best for the future, I love all of you. Unfortunately some of you are sh*t footballers, I wish that wasn’t the case, but that’s the reality that you and the club will have to come to terms with, hopefully sooner rather than later. I’m confident that this team will have some good days and good victories ahead. But let’s get real, you’re destined to cop some serious floggings as well. Oh well, all the best. Thanks for everything. It’s been a blast!”
We all know thats what he thought

What's wrong with Skipworth?

What area has he been Coaching?

I am not the only one saying we need to get rid of lot of people from Footy Department.

Was being bit Sarcastic as well

He had 22 touches
Know hes had a few injuries and last night was his first game back but Daics has been disappointing imo this year. Breakout season last, but hasn't gone on with it this year. Not on his own but was hoping in his 5th year he'd kick on further.

Know hes had a few injuries and last night was his first game back but Daics has been disappointing imo this year. Breakout season last, but hasn't gone on with it this year. Not on his own but was hoping in his 5th year he'd kick on further.
Well to be fair, he had to adjust in a change of position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back