Preview Round 22 - Brisbane v Geelong @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw that - he's had success up forward before and maybe that will free him up a bit because I still don't think he has looked right/himself since he returned from his knee injury.

Maybe it's a case that the club is also looking for a third tall forward role, similar to what Rohan was playing - we have our 2 talks, we have a good group of smaller pressure players around them, and Tuohy is that point of difference

That makes sense to me. He's quite quick, reasonable overhead and can split the big sticks well. He'd be a good Rohan "also like"

I wonder if they play Henry forward...

The Lions have been our whipping boys for a while, for some reason I think we match up good against them and might give them a touch up.

Don't mind this at all to be honest. The only flaw last week was North's KPD's taking intercept marks too easily. It was also very noticeable that when Sav was in the ruck we definitely looked a marker short without Rohan. At least someone to crash the packs and prevent the opposition from marking it.

Don't mind this at all to be honest. The only flaw last week was North's KPD's taking intercept marks too easily. It was also very noticeable that when Sav was in the ruck we definitely looked a marker short without Rohan. At least someone to crash the packs and prevent the opposition from marking it.
2e, Henderson,Taylor,Henry would be the weakest shot for goal,I like the kid down back.

They were everybody's whipping boys for a while. Even while showing glimpses of coming good last year, they still finished bottom 4. This 2019 incarnation, however, is very different from what they've been for much of the last decade. Previous encounters mean very little in this case.
Half the time you’re going on about how Geelong’s history of finals failure dooms us for any future finals series and then here you are saying we need to discount previous performances against the Lions? 🤔

Half the time you’re going on about how Geelong’s history of finals failure dooms us for any future finals series and then here you are saying we need to discount previous performances against the Lions? 🤔
Don't confuse him Vic! Lol

It's warm up here today already guys, by bounce down there will be not a cloud in the sky, hot, sunny, still and humid-

tenor.gif
;)

Here's hoping for a cracker of a game and no injuries, I can't wait to get there, it's so good to be involved in meaningful top of the ladder games after a decade of irrelevance.

It's warm up here today already guys, by bounce down there will be not a cloud in the sky, hot, sunny, still and humid-

Here's hoping for a cracker of a game and no injuries, I can't wait to get there, it's so good to be involved in meaningful top of the ladder games after a decade of irrelevance.
It's been good as a casual observer to see your boys developing something special up there. Playing some exciting, hard footy.

Perfectly timed match for both sides. Geelong need this sort of match to prove they're not going to go meekly into the night. It's been difficult to assess the merit of the wins sprinkled in between bad losses of late. Meanwhile Brisbane have a real chance to flex their muscle and potentially earn a home qualifying final.

Big clash of styles too. I think Geelong could choke them down at KP but the Lions are hard to stop up there. I think Geelong will go down narrowly by a couple of goals.

All the best for the season and finals ahead either way.

tenor.gif
;)

It's interesting that when Duncan was interviewed last week that the person said 'so you've got Brisbane on Saturday night.....'
And Duncan corrected him and said 'no it's an afternoon game which is great because it will be nice and warm for a change'.

It might affect them. Time will tell. But it sounds like they are looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back