Autopsy Round 22: Changes v Carlton - Harmes, Jeffy & Pedo for Weid, ANB & Michie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were 19 points down and kicked 12 goals in the final term to 2. Neeld got 7 more weeks of work out of that win.
What annoys me more about that game, is that i our highest score in the final quarter of all time. Which shits me because out of our 150 year history only Neeld can have that next to his name until it's broken! 2013 the most soul sucking season, but that of our highest score in a final quarter. ****!

Yup. The who's-who of the AFL media were in that presser IIRC - everyone was expecting him to be sacked upon a loss, which nearly happened.
Fox footy called the game D-day if i remember

What annoys me more about that game, is that i our highest score in the final quarter of all time. Which shits me because out of our 150 year history only Neeld can have that next to his name until it's broken! 2013 the most soul sucking season, but that of our highest score in a final quarter. ****!

I was really hoping we would break it in the Gold Coast match this year.

Michie :l

It is most likely going to be wet, I'd pull a late change with Weid out for Harmes.

Id pull a let change with Michie out for Pedo. Yes, i know its going to be wet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow, really surprised at those changes. I wonder what the reasoning is.

Pedo very unlucky!

I figured ANB would maybe come in for Garlett if injured, but I feel Harmes and Pedo are unlucky. Glad we get to see another week of the Weed though. Regardless of how he goes, it will be huge experience for him to have a couple of games under his belt going into next year. Same with ANB. Not sure on the Michie change. I feel he's knocking the door down in a big way through VFL. This is only a good thing, as it means if someone like Harmes is off his game just a little, he goes back to Casey to regain touch. Michie's last chance surely. Another huge 12 possession game coming up????

I love these changes!

We get another toke of the weid and ANB gets another rightfully deserved crack also. Vivian Michie is good in the wet and also has the same junk yard dog hunger that nibs has. We also get to see WWH for the first time (Watts, Weid and Hoges).

Its also the first complete 'buddy system' game. Players intrinsically alligned with another player playing together:

Brayshaw and Petracca
Weid and Oliver
Stretch and Nibbler
McDonald and McDonald

Only combo missing is BFF's Harmes and Hogan.

Don't rate Michie and don't think he's been as regularly amongst our best at Casey as some. Still, 36 touches and 14 inside 50s is a good haul.

With Weid in for Pedo you have to think they're still firmly focused on development over making finals this year. Let's hope we can just have both.

Don't rate Michie and don't think he's been as regularly amongst our best at Casey as some. Still, 36 touches and 14 inside 50s is a good haul.

With Weid in for Pedo you have to think they're still firmly focused on development over making finals this year. Let's hope we can just have both.

Michie has been in the bests 10 times in 12 VFL games this year, so fair to say he deserves another crack.

I think michie's actually a decent, dependable player when he comes in, but his trouble is that he's quite a vanilla player and doesn't offer any point of difference that I can see. Happy to see him get another chance, though.

I only got around to reading the VFL report this arvo, so I'm not surprised about Michie coming in. Plapp mentioned how well he uses it etc, which is obviously a pretty positive point of difference over Harmes.

Glad ANB has come in as well, could do with a warm up this week before replicating his game against Geelong last year next week.

Pedo is very stiff as he did nothing wrong the last two weeks, but nor did the Weid the week before, and they obviously want to get games into him.

Would rather Newton in than Michie, has more weapons. But eh. Salem to return R23 hopefully.

Different players, though. I assume Michie will replace Harmes on a HBF, whilst I see Newton as a true HFF.

EDIT: For the record, I'd also take Newton if I could only keep one of them. But I don't mind Michie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back