Preview Round 22: Changes Vs Essendon + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It gives the team a genuine A grade small forward in place of at best a C grade. C grade is being incredibly generous as a C is a pass and I wouldn't give any of our small forwards a pass mark. I have made my reasoning pretty clear, you don't agree which is fine.
How you think Matera doesn't get a pass mark this year just shows your lack of understanding. He's already kicked 30 goals not to mention playing in a side devoid of tall timber.
Kicks a CLUTCH goal yesterday when everyone was missing..

There is a reasonably significant difference between finishing in 12th and 13th with respect to the fixture. Tank.
I hope not....Mathematically we can still grab 8th spot by winning the last 2 games and hoping that a couple of other games go our way.
While there is still a chance, no matter how very minuscule, then we play to win. How would we feel if we go the tank and the Roo's end up thumping Port?! I would be Pi55ed!!!!

Would rather blood some more youth rather than playing the old boys in hopes of qualifying for finals with other results going our way.

OUT: Banfield, Shultz.
IN: McCarthy, Dixon.

Looking to 2020 now. Injuries haven’t been kind to us but we’ve beaten some very good sides, just lacking the experience to put away the mediocre ones.

Would rather blood some more youth rather than playing the old boys in hopes of qualifying for finals with other results going our way.

OUT: Banfield, Shultz.
IN: McCarthy, Dixon.

Looking to 2020 now. Injuries haven’t been kind to us but we’ve beaten some very good sides, just lacking the experience to put away the mediocre ones.
Surely Sturt gets a run?

Surely Sturt gets a run?
Yeah I like Sturt, definitely wouldn’t be upset with him getting a debut, have seen skinnier guys getting games at AFL level just not sure if his tank is up to scratch yet which is the only thing I’m worried about.

Dixon has been on our list for a lot longer and we need goal kickers in McCarthy so not sure who comes out for Sturt. Maybe Duman but our defensive posts are lacking.

The best example of why Walters is in the midfield is his 4th Q against GWS in Canberra. He won several clearances that drove the ball forward to our marking targets that helped set up the win.

Quite simply he is our 2nd best offensive midfielder. For a stoppage based team we would be poorer if he was majority time in the Forward Pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can still play to win by bringing in Dixon and mccarthy. Better set up and replace some duds on the weekend in Banfield and Schulz anyway. More structure. Matera/Switter/Crowden is still a mosquito fleet. McCarthy is needed. Schulz was often a target and just too small. Cam runs better patterns. Allows Mundy to play both midfield and forward. It’ll work

Roll out the tank.

S7ko5L3.gif

They can still play to win by bringing in Dixon and mccarthy. Better set up and replace some duds on the weekend in Banfield and Schulz anyway. More structure. Matera/Switter/Crowden is still a mosquito fleet. McCarthy is needed. Schulz was often a target and just too small. Cam runs better patterns. Allows Mundy to play both midfield and forward. It’ll work
Just a quick point of fact...Crowden may be a mosquito height-wise, but he is 500 mosquitoes wide...

How you think Matera doesn't get a pass mark this year just shows your lack of understanding. He's already kicked 30 goals not to mention playing in a side devoid of tall timber.
Kicks a CLUTCH goal yesterday when everyone was missing..

That's fair, I unbelievably forgot about the human thumb and he is probably my favourite player to watch!

I can't help but laugh at people saying we should tank. Sure we can't make finals, we still should aim to win as many games as we can, like any good team does. Trying to lose is the literal worst thing a team can do, tanking is a cancer to sport.
Please do not take me seriously. It's bad for my brand.

There's obviously not many changes that can be made with no one at Peel really demanding a spot. A few players to come back for Essendon by the looks of their injury list - Saad and McKenna - good run off half back.

Colyer maybe gets a chance against his old side and Nyhuis to lock down on a small forward just to stiffen up the defence with someone diligent and close checking.

Shultz, Carter and Banfield the likely candidates to be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back