Preview Round 22 Changes vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF Risking Pavlich in a dead rubber against Melbourne! Sure Pav will say he's ready to go, but someone needs to tell him to go away and get freshened up for Hawthorn/Sydney in a fortnight. We want early 2015 fresh-as-a-daisy Pav for September, not struggling to get up between games and unable to train Pav. WTF

WTF Risking Pavlich in a dead rubber against Melbourne! Sure Pav will say he's ready to go, but someone needs to tell him to go away and get freshened up for Hawthorn/Sydney in a fortnight. We want early 2015 fresh-as-a-daisy Pav for September, not struggling to get up between games and unable to train Pav. WTF

I suspect Pav wont play next week. Just educated guess, but behind closed doors they probably already have said we'll play you one of the next 2, how about this week on, then avoid the flight next week.

Alex Pearce out makes sense. He doesn't know how to go half paced and he's been pushing that skinny frame like crazy since coming into the team. Training reports have also said he's been doing 'old man' routine for a while now (i.e. not training early in the week etc.) so clearly he's playing sore as well. Rest a good thing.

This week, Pav in, AP out, next week Pav out, AP in (maybe). Following week, everybody in and smash whoever shows up at Subiaco for the EF.

And he's also the only key forward we've named, so he'll be playing on 2 defenders all day no doubt. Should have played Tabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And he's also the only key forward we've named, so he'll be playing on 2 defenders all day no doubt. Should have played Tabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets hope Melb are still in holiday mode and they don't turn up and play a hard game.

.. Honestly I wouldn't have minded Tabs coming in instead of Pav this week either but I understand it'll be important for Pav to find some good form in the last two weeks.

Not only does Pav need form but the team too. Rest is important, but so is match practice ahead of the finals. Pav is our key forward and it'll be valuable having him there.

Actually you're right, on Duffield in particular. I said above that he wasn't great with ball in hand, that isn't quite right. Those first few rounds he seemed in good form, the issue is that after about round 4 or so he went through a very lean patch where he just wasn't in the game enough. He simply wasn't getting his hands on the ball and when he did, he wasn't being particularly damaging. That's my memory.
We love the Duff, but this year he's just not been getting his hands on it enough, even at WAFL level. Hope he can break in and turn it around, but not looking likely now.

Lets hope not, Tabs is useless and that won't change in two games. He is a long term prospect and given A.Pearce form he should be the one up forward.

Hell even, Clarke will do a better job than Tabs in his role.

AP was probably dropped due to fatigue. He looked stuffed against the Roos. I don't want to bring Tabs in simply because he is tall, if he hasn't played well at Peel he should stay there until he does.

Say that again? o_O
Hard surfaces tend to cause the front of the foot to strike the ground harder, it gives a hard time to the shins.

I expect Fyfe and Pearce will have the ultrasound cortisone injections to reduce the swelling and pain.

Poor guys will be sore after the finals

Hard surfaces tend to cause the front of the foot to strike the ground harder, it gives a hard time to the shins.

I expect Fyfe and Pearce will have the ultrasound cortisone injections to reduce the swelling and pain.

That's why they're paid the big bucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex more likely to be wear and tear rather than stress reactions in shins. If it is shins then it will be more than a week - swimming is about all the training he would be doing.
From my research of Fyfes condition, this type of injury can take up to 4 weeks so he will obviously be playing in finals with this nagging issue.

AP bit sore . Didn't train all week. Should be ok to go next week ? ? Duffield will play Sunday. Sonny out with minor injury is the whisper?? Anyone heard this??

Freo might be holding Tabs and Duff back to see how the Eagles result goes.If Adelaide get up they might rest Pav and Luke.

That was my thought too, but the Adelaide game would still be going when final team needs to be submitted ... if I've got my bearings right. As such, they'll make a call regardless of how the Adl game is looking I think. Just a last minute check on Pav I reckon.

Duff would be the regular 1 they hold over for every AFL game.

Freo might be holding Tabs and Duff back to see how the Eagles result goes.If Adelaide get up they might rest Pav and Luke.

Why would we rest if crows win?

We still need to win tomorrow regardless of that result to wrap up a top 2 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back