NRL Round 22 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/27/nrl-tipping-round-16---what-the-experts-are-saying/

Dragons v Eels

The Dragons will be hoping their Test and Origin stars take the field on Thursday night. It was a great start to the season for the Red V, but this period will challenge them physically and mentally. The Eels just need to win and they need an almighty effort from the 17 that take the field.
Tip: Dragons by 10

Warriors v Sharks

Both teams have won three of their past five matches, but the Warriors will benefit from Shaun Johnson and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck having missed the Denver Test. This is the time of year where they need to be making a statement. The Sharks love a grind and in an arm wrestle they will turn to their forwards to lead the way on Friday night. It will be a big test for Cronulla, but they can win in a close one.
Tip: Sharks by 4

Roosters v Storm

The game of the round. Cooper Cronk returns to face his old mates and the Roosters are looking for their fifth win in a row. The Tricolours have been impressive over the past month, with Cronk and halves partner Luke Keary steering the ship. It will be a mental challenge for their Origin stars who are backing up. The Storm have been impressive of late, with Cameron Smith the key to their success in 2018. The No.9 will once again be called upon to be the difference on Friday.
Tip: Storm by 4

Panthers v Sea Eagles

The Panthers will be hoping Nathan Cleary and James Maloney are ready to go after guiding NSW to a series win. The Panthers were poor during their last outing against the Roosters and need to improve to continue to stay a top-four side. Manly will look to Daly Cherry-Evans and the Trbojevic brothers to spark them, but they are busted and down on troops and the task will be too big.
Tip: Panthers by 10

Knights v Bulldogs

Kalyn Ponga is a star, but he can't do it on his own. The Knights halves need to provide more in attack and they need to help the fullback out. The Bulldogs need to go up the F3 and get the job done. They need to turn around their poor performance at Belmore and show their fans what they're capable of. The side needs to block the outside noise and win.
Tip: Bulldogs by 6

Broncos v Raiders

The Broncos sit in eighth position and are four points clear of the Raiders. It's a huge game for Brisbane to keep themselves in the eight and after a tough win against the Sharks in Round 15, the Broncos will have a point to prove. The Raiders were superb against the Wests Tigers thanks to the returning Josh Hodgson. Hodgson has brilliant in his first game back from a knee injury. His composure and game management helped the Raiders halves and ultimately changed the way Canberra played. The No.9 is key to their finals push.
Tip: Raiders by 6

Tigers v Titans

It's a new look Wests Tigers this weekend. Moses Mbye's first outing in his new colours and the return of Robbie Farah. The two additions will provide plenty of options in attack for the Tigers and provide much-needed help for Luke Brooks. The Titans come into the fixture with plenty of confidence after their impressive win over the Bulldogs. Ash Taylor and AJ Brimson have been impressive and their partnership will only get better. They will be up against on Sunday the Gold Coast, but the only way to shut the crowd out is score more points and worry about themselves.
Tip: Tigers by 4

Rabbitohs v Cowboys

The Rabbitohs are genuine title contenders in 2018. Their attack is the best in the competition and a lot of it is generated down their left side. Anthony Seibold has changed the way they play this year and they have benefited from a fit and healthy spine. The Cowboys have been disappointing. Their attack looks slow at times and very predictable. An injured Michael Morgan doesn't help, but the two JTs can't always be the ones to get them out of trouble. You can never write the Cowboys off, but it's just been one of those years for the 2017 grand finalist.
Tip: Rabbitohs by 10

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
4 rounds to go. Finals teams just about set. The Broncos and Warriors scored wins to keep the Tigers at bay and they will need a win over the Raiders to maintain the pressure if one of them slip up against the Cowboys and Knights respectively.

The Broncos kick off the week with a game against the Cowboys in Townsville. The Cowboys will be desperate to send off JT with as many wins as they can and they may grab one here.

On Friday night the Warriors and Knights kick it off and a Warriors win should cement a finals spot. That's the very reason this game scares me. They should win, but expect them to stumble along the way. Later in the night Souths face up to arch rivals East in a battle for top spot. A win for the Roosters will take to to the top of the ladder, but Souths are in good form. Hardest game to predict by far.

Super Saturday and three decent games on offer. The unlucky Titans play the fast finishing Panthers and this should be one of the games of the day if not the round. Both play an exciting brand of footy and I'm expecting lots of points. Manly hst the Doggies and you have to wonder which Manly side will turn up. They should win. Finally it's old foes the Eels v Dragons. The Dragons were disappointing last week and the Eels should be desperate not to win the spoon. Saints to win with so much at stake.

Two beauties finish of the round. The Tigers and Raiders usually dish up loads of action and a fair bit of spite and with so much on the line the Tigers should be fired up. Hard one to pick and a Raiders win wouldn't surprise, but with a finals spot still beckoning I expect the Tigers to win, just.

Finally Melbourne play Cronulla in what will be rare back to back FTA games for the Storm. With Slater's retirement announcing I reckon Melbourne will put on a show and win well in the end.

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Roosters v Rabbits is huge... If Roosters win they will have to be favorites for premiership. hard to pick.

Warriors should win against knights at home

Storm game will be interesting if Smith doesn't play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been too disappointed with Parra this season to post in the NRL board, but the last couple of weeks I’ve liked the look of what they are producing. I’m hopeful we will avoid the spoon and that we may be competitive next season.
As for tonight, WOW!!! Our best performance of the year.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Warriors. I have no idea. Lol.

RTS was sensational again. Him firing and an in form Luke are the keys along with SJ and Green. I didn't think we could get past round 1, but I'm feeling a bit more confident. Our form in Australia is encouraging.

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Great as they are to watch at times, exactly what I thought.

At their best they can beat any of the teams. We saw this against the dragons, just before origin 1 or 2. Chasing down these leads against Roosters, Storm, Sharks etc just can't see it happening.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Just saw the Smith tackle on the arm of a Sharks player. Doesn't look good.

Looked worse than it probably was. I was more upset with the low tackle on Lewis.

That aside it was an important win for us because we now have three winnable games and a shot at the four. That said as most Sharkie supporters know we often win the games no one thinks we can then lose to a bottom side. Look at the last two weeks, lose to Manly at home then beat Storm in Melbourne. Here's hoping anyway.

Greenstar5

All Australian
Jun 21, 2017
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Hopefully Hoffman can get back before the end of the season. He deserves a final game send off. Absolute champion.

One of those no fuss hard working players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back