Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Welcome to Round 22, and the League Preliminary Finals ......and what a week of injury, mayhem and stupidity within the ranks of the AFL
All people want is consitency, right or wrong .....but this changing everything on a whim week by week, just frustrates people to the point of "why bother"
I actually think the AFL takes it's audience for granted ....that the emotionalism of the game allows the AFL make decisions for reasons other than the best interests of the game .....its become too large a corporation & has become inefficient & political .....end of rant

OK so we've entered Doughnut season .....not enjoyable for those teams still in Finals ....but for some outside of Finals, a great source of enjoyment
Will you be chasing a Donut this week .....AFL Coach's are doing their best to help you

View attachment 1203551

The Doughnut Prayer
Our Father who art in Fantasy
Deep fried be thy name
Thy Doughnut come
Thy Fantasy Team be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Please don't give us this day our weekly Doughnut
And forgive us our smiling lips
As we don't forgive those
Who tresspass against doughnuts

giphy.gif

Not games may be changed at anytime on the whim of the AFL .....grounds, times, and states

View attachment 1203552
OK assume we see the return of Mr Reliable ....Neale
What a freaking disappointment he's been this year ....the only bright side of this has been the great season by Lyons and the increased midfield time of Zorko and Bailey
Guess every cloud does have a silver lining .....well not this bloody Cloud !! ....I don't any of those droplets, but guess who I do have .....oh for joy

OK Howe out, is this good for Bianco ? .....one week freshner upper
Grundy will have a field day against BRIS ....hoping De Goey continues his chipping midfield ways
You'd think BRIS will now be preparing for Finals and have the foot to floor, whilst COLL still likely experimenting with kids

View attachment 1203559
What to expect from Danger ?? ......Cameron back is good, Danger should be back in the midfield, which aint good for Guthrie owners .....or will Danger be a late out :doughnut:
Will Hawkins benefit from Camerons return ? ....you suggest so.....due for a biggy IMO

Simple call again for Steele owners (VC) all the way ....getting to Gawndy levels of Capts comfortability
Heard only rumors about Marshalls hand ....but again a potential :doughnut:
Important game for the SAINTS though ....Finals on the line, so you'd think ST KILDA will find a way to get Marshall to the line
How does Highmore go from season spud to SP player and an important cog in St Kilda's defense ......got me stumped, but I'm not complaining

View attachment 1203578
Again a ? on where this game will be played
Talking about comfortable (VC) players ....good old Touk Touk has been a revelation & against ESS you'd think again he's a good selection
Equally though Zerrett ....should be a good scoring game for our SC players .....the big question though is what will Rutten be doing with Ridley ? .....will Ridley be given the job on King ? ....talk about a yo-yo ride this season
If Daniel Talia goes to ESS as rumored next year, should be good news for Ridley owners

Fiorini ? ....can't get a game early season, now scoring like a cut bull .....so who do we blame for that ****up ?
Dew or player ?

View attachment 1203590
Another game where the location is up in the air .....would make a big different to scoring players IMO
Giants at home would be a good thing .....and good for the plethora of GWS player owners.
Jelly back, Whitfield back to his best ....Taranto back in the midfield, and didn't GWS look the better for it
Cumming back to taking kickouts was great to see ....was almost relegated to a support role the week B4 ....was Cumming freed up last week with Taylor having to look after Hawkins ?

Will Greene be successful today ..... or :doughnut:

RICH well we just don't know which side will turn up, but suggest the club is giving kids games, looking more to 2022 than this years Finals
A birdy said this week Bolton is on the verge of a 5 goal game .....aren't all you ex owners so disappointed to here this LOL

View attachment 1203595
Selection will be interesting in this game ......who takes on the R1 Ruck role, Sweet ?
Will Reeves be recalled ? ......on Ceglar's game last week, hard to see that, but Mitchell may have other views?

Capt Macrae or Bont ? .......Macrea is the safe bet, but Bont on the law of averages is due ....so now you can see how I've stuffed up so many (C) calls this year
Expect a big rebound from the BULLIES .....and good scores for the hardcore Fantasy players
Nothing to suggest Titch won't also continue his recent big score form ....which does pose a dilemma for Coach's (C) choices

View attachment 1203608
Mmmm ....most like Stachan in for ROB .....he's not a dunce ruckman, but he won't have the fitness to go the distance with a Gawn / Jackson combo ....the only question, will Gawn do the majority of the Ruckwork ?
This close to Finals, i'd suggest they'll want their #1 Ruck in full flight ....and yes he'll ruck the majority

The odds are also good that Schoenberg will run with Oliver .....this again will free up Petracca, who will put up a dominant display

Bowey was super impressive last week, surprised a lot IMO .....May, well how much ball will he see this week, could get cold down in MELB's DEF

View attachment 1203613
Now I'm not going to lie .....I'm barracking strongly for NORTH

Mills :doughnut: .....will he or won't he

i2XWKSc.gif

I don't freakin know ....I've given up on these DUMB Coach's playing infantile games
Last minute out last week ....absolutely brilliant tactic, took everyone by surprise, fooled the opposition ......Hey Horse you lost the game by 30+ points !!!
Dumbarse you gained no advantage .....zero .....cost you the game !!

So of course you're going to repeat the tactic ......if at first you don't succeed, try try again .....OR the definition of madness is repeating the same things over and over & expecting a different result

El Waco !!

On a more serene & positive note .....wasn't it pleasant to see Hall burn the opposition last week ....it would be ever so nice for Ziebell maybe to try just a little harder for us Coach's .....he's had a flat 4-5 weeks and seems to be too busy planning his off season holiday .....I believe this year it'll be a tent in the back yard

And Congratulations to Comben ....stuffed up another Rookie for 2022

View attachment 1203628

View attachment 1203629
Here's another :doughnut: moment to enjoy .....will CARL park Walsh ?

Oh Teague, you are the last Coach to try and emulate Horse's stupid games ......you can't even get the Coaching basics right .....so no time for party tricks

Whilst on CARL ..... all my thoughts to DOC on his battle ....that something like this happens to someone so young, twice, is a travesty .....my best wish's and I',m sure from all footy supporters

Coach's in Finals .....I hope the Fantasy Gods smile favorably on you this week ....and that you don't get sick with too many donuts .....all the best & some big news next week in our Grand Final Edition

The nerves start to kick in now. This is the pointy end. Hoping for big big weeks from my more unique guys like Rich, Zorko, Lyons. Good thing they're versing the Pies.

Also, i'll be drinking a tall, refreshing white claw to my two rookies - Sharp and Bramble, holding down the fort. May you provide me at least one more week of success boys.

I'm almost the opposite. Haven't touched my team since lockout ended. Waiting for teams to drop but my hand is forced with injuries so there is zero fun in the last two weeks of the season for me.

I'm almost the opposite. Haven't touched my team since lockout ended. Waiting for teams to drop but my hand is forced with injuries so there is zero fun in the last two weeks of the season for me.

Yeah,

It always sucks to realize so much planning just goes out the window at the whim of the Fantasy Gods....

David King just called Leon Cameron Coach of the Year on GuesSEN...

While I don’t agree with him entirely, he has been good from a non fantasy perspective...
Yep. His reasoning being that Cameron had done well given the lack of continuity in his best 22 (King forgot to mention much of that was self-inflicted...).

Good trades. Have you dodged all the carnage?
Yeah somehow, traded Mills after his covid, didn’t have the chance to get Lloyd because I’ve had Houston, Haynes, Hind and Newman back there and no real chance to get them out until this week.

Do have Danger and Walsh but they look good to play

Reeves to Combden
Hind to Grundy
Luckily I got Comben last week for his DPP .....now have to decide who to play on-field Comben or Fullarton ....big risk to play Comben, but Fullarton is :poo:

Hoping RalphSmith goes well tomorrow, as I have him looped ....will make decision making much easier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luckily I got Comben last week for his DPP .....now have to decide who to play on-field Comben or Fullarton ....big risk to play Comben, but Fullarton is :poo:

Hoping RalphSmith goes well tomorrow, as I have him looped ....will make decision making much easier
Yeah I’m not real sure what to expect from Comben, his R/F DPP and a green dot looks good though.

Yeah that’s tough, flip a coin out of those two really

Yeah I’m not real sure what to expect from Comben, his R/F DPP and a green dot looks good though.

Yeah that’s tough, flip a coin out of those two really
Depends on if Comben does any rucking ...he's 199cm

I assume he's playing CHF, very mobile, great contested mark, and aggressive ......no crowd will suit a debutant, won't get overawed

Whereas I'm not sure what Fullarton does outside of relief rucking at BRIS

Depends on if Comben does any rucking ...he's 199cm

I assume he's playing CHF, very mobile, great contested mark, and aggressive ......no crowd will suit a debutant, won't get overawed

Whereas I'm not sure what Fullarton does outside of relief rucking at BRIS
Yeah Comben is probably worth going for, especially if Fullarton is relief rucking agaisnt Grundy

Still got 2 rooks on field (Sharp & Bramble) but the way the draw has fallen this week I can have a double crack at both positions with Bianco and Macrae. (West and Rosas non playing)

If I was a betting man I'd be betting on some mayhem and fixture changes today/tomorrow to be announced.

Taranto plays well up forward, if he was a decent bloke he would deliberately play s**t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back