Game Day Round 22 Fantasy Discussion ..... PRELIM FINALS WEEK

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I shake my fist in anger at this. Can’t even get half my onfield team to score let alone my bench

View attachment 1207057

Don't worry, I struggle at the first part too. This game really is stupid, if I didn't cop like 10 injuries in the last month then you'd say I would've moved on Newcombe by now.

I had a massive week last week. 132nd for the round or something. I suppose its only logical that you're likely to have a bad one afterwards. As all your players are unlikely to have two good weeks in a row. But this week was something else. Wish they had of saved it for the Prelim instead of wasting it in what was mainly an off week for me in most of my leagues.

Whitfield 80
Rich 86
Burton (new recruit after back to back tonnes and a soft game against the Blues) 68
Ridley 76
Merrett 85
Kelly 28
Grundy 72
Marshall 52
Hunter 58

It's ******* sickening

This might be one of my finest performances in fantasy. Mills, Lloyd, Connolly, West all out, Brayshaw suspended, facing the prospect of a shocker round, and somehow on the verge of cracking 2300.

Go a unique guy like Cerra with a million things pointing at it. Cops something mid week which they keep under wraps until the last minute, comes in underdone then gets a corkie early on just to top it off. This game man

2306 all up. Had high hopes of 2400 coming into today enter Touk as captain and Zerrett. A lot of good scorers, a lot of poor ones aswell.

Lost my main prelim by 2 points, had Darcy in the last game and opponent had no one. He recovered extremely well and I can’t blame him, Touk as captain is the only person I can blame. To rub salt into the wound his unique Nick Hind’s 115 the week after I finally trade him out...

Touk gone this week I think and I’ll finally upgrade Haynes.

What a horrid day/round. Couldn't accept Steele's VC score, so relied on Touk. Of course, that was after Steele had 78 in the first half and 25 thereafter.

If Touk scored 101 I win 4/4 prelims, instead I win one. Any of Touk's previous 10 scores would have done the job. You can't make that s**t up. What was going on today with him? Maybe it was the narrow ground.

Last week's score ranked 68 for the round; this week's would be lucky to be top 10K. Amazing.

Anyway, 2178 and rank goes from 491 --> 567.

Unfortunately it was left to Darcy to score 135 and despite his efforts, that was never going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have basically checked out for the season, but decided to actually have a crack this week and really screw around with all the loopholes. Despite JZ, Marshall and Hunter absolutely phoning it in, managed close to 2250.

Through a whole bunch of complex nonsense, looped Bramble and Newcombe, whilst trading Lloyd down to a non-playing rook, in order to have an absolute stockpile to spend this week - and actually end the season on a good note. Hasn't been a fun year, since halfway through, but that bank to spend to see if I can somehow win my division Grand Final - despite such an awful/checked out year - brings a smile to my face:

1629021655936.png

Last edited:
TheRednWhite .....apologies mate ....clearly #1 ranked all year, and had me on toast most of the match = easy win in our Prelim Final

But Kelly shot after Half Time ....and a shocker (C) score by Miller .....allowed me to do a Steven Bradbury

monkey1.gif

Now Joao was a different kettle of fish .....got me by 30 points ....you earmarked the weakness in my side yesterday, a 28 from Comben wasn't going to cut it against your Bramble .....there it was in a nutshell

Congrats mate .....very close, but well deserved win 👍

Last edited:
TheRednWhite .....apologies mate ....clearly #1 ranked all year, and had me on toast most of the match = easy win in our Prelim Final

But Kelly shot after Half Time ....and a shocker (C) score by Miller .....allowed be to do a Steven Bradbury

View attachment 1207121

Now Joao was a different kettle of fish .....got me by 30 points ....you earmarked the weakness in my side yesterday, a 28 from Comben wasn't going to cut it against your Bramble .....there it was in a nutshell

Was always going to happen! Story of my last 3 years....

Kelly subbed, Newcombe as a late in scores 111 meaning I chuck Kelly on the pine. Basically saved my season.
How many Finals were won simply off the back of the "Golden Egg" Duke ? ......late in, you'd be filthy an opponent without him

2306 all up. Had high hopes of 2400 coming into today enter Touk as captain and Zerrett. A lot of good scorers, a lot of poor ones aswell.

Lost my main prelim by 2 points, had Darcy in the last game and opponent had no one. He recovered extremely well and I can’t blame him, Touk as captain is the only person I can blame. To rub salt into the wound his unique Nick Hind’s 115 the week after I finally trade him out...

Touk gone this week I think and I’ll finally upgrade Haynes.
You're trading Touk Out ??

But Kelly shot after Half Time ....and a shocker (C) score by Miller .....allowed me to do a Steven Bradbury

View attachment 1207121

So, out of 4 prelims this is my only win. Looks like it's you and me next week Wayne. I've got plenty of money but zero confidence.

So, out of 4 prelims this is my only win. Looks like it's you and me next week Wayne. I've got plenty of money but zero confidence.
Should be a good match then .....I have zero confidence and zero $$$$ 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back