Preview Round 22: Gold Coast vs Essendon, Kardinia Park, Sunday 15/08/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Will we stay in the hunt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha okay so apparently Collingwood agreed to fly in, fly out, so their game against Brisbane will go ahead at the Gabba.

But because we wanted to fly up the day before, the Queensland Government said no to letting us in and so Gold Coast now have to host us in Geelong.

Played there twice this year which is good.
Playing on GMHBA will help us.

Setting up a zone and not being absolutely torched on transition will be easier on a skinny ground where they wont have as much width to stretch us out.
Interesting choice by them, Metricon and Marvel are pretty similar dimensions and they played pretty well their against Carlton.
They have never won at Skilled, but doubt we have either.

Interesting choice by them, Metricon and Marvel are pretty similar dimensions and they played pretty well their against Carlton.
If they can't make it easy for themselves, they'd prefer to make it hard for us. Which is the closest thing to a home ground advantage they're likely to get since they're not West Coast and the umpire isn't Margetts.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich

The problem is though that we play at the MCG, and padticularly at Marvel a lot.

Makes it as hard as possible for us is probably their mentality. Surprised actually they didnt request Ballarat.

Only 19 times.

Should get Michael Werner in to explain how to do it to the current group.

The problem is though that we play at the MCG, and padticularly at Marvel a lot.

Makes it as hard as possible for us is probably their mentality. Surprised actually they didnt request Ballarat.
And our record this year at Marvel is 5-1 and a percentage of 158, compared to 4-10 and 84% everywhere else. If I'm Gold Coast I'm staying the * away from there

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
And our record this year at Marvel is 5-1 and a percentage of 158, compared to 4-10 and 84% everywhere else. If I'm Gold Coast I'm staying the fu** away from there
Again i am surprised they didnt go Ballarat.

Different shaped ground and normally has an absolute gale blowing to one end. Makes it a bit more chaotic and probably gives them a better chance of beating a better team due to the randomness it causes.

Certainly helped them vs GWS.

Different shaped ground and normally has an absolute gale blowing to one end. Makes it a bit more chaotic and probably gives them a better chance of beating a better team due to the randomness it causes.

Channel 7 probably said * off

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

Probably wasn’t available and surely those type grounds are only ever used to promote the game in that particular area and to give fans the opportunity to attend, no chance they were playing at Ballarat without crowds.

Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Falcons
Haha okay so apparently Collingwood agreed to fly in, fly out, so their game against Brisbane will go ahead at the Gabba.

But because we wanted to fly up the day before, the Queensland Government said no to letting us in and so Gold Coast now have to host us in Geelong.

We out here playing 4D chess while the Pies are playing checkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back