Preview Round 22 Ports vs Kangas @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look how pessimistic we all are now, can't blame us with our AFL history I guess.

So all things point to a sad loss and to boost this theory we will bring in an underdone Burton too.

Port by 30 if I pray to the correct god like figure. Bring them home Russell.

I'll go to The Gov and watch Mondo Rock. If we win I'll watch the replay. If we don't, I won't. It looks set for a typical Port let the supporters down half arse'd effort so I'm glad I have other plans

We're in the 8, destiny in our own hands, coming up against the 14th ranked team. This is the exact type of game we have repeatedly lost over the past 5 years.
And surely the Roos will be pushed by their new coach to have a massive response to the Kardinia Park loss.
And that is where some context is required. It was at Kardinia and it was Geelong.
Roos won’t want to be embarrassed so quickly by their coach choice, he will demand a win from them and they will not be a pushover at their home ground.

I'd like us to cast our minds back to Round 6, 2013. What a year that was. I miss 2013.

At that point in time, we had just installed a very promising new coach and, with a Neade-inspired comeback against WCE, had just won 5 in a row to sit on top of the ladder.

The comeback:

Unfortunately the messiah Hinkley was unable to travel to Tasmania with a virus, and his 2IC Alan Richardson took the reigns for what Macca19 described as "Worst umpired game ive ever witnessed in my life in any sort of sporting event. A pure disgrace."

North got the jump early booting 7 in the fist quarter, and we were trailing by 33 points. Not a great position but surely another Burgess-powered comeback would be on the cards? Alas, the days of Pfeiffer and Paul Stewart helping us come back against North were over. Here is that 2012 comeback (with bonus shitty PTV intro)

We went on to lose the game by 10 points, and the free kick count 38-15.

Look how pessimistic we all are now, can't blame us with our AFL history I guess.

So all things point to a sad loss and to boost this theory we will bring in an underdone Burton too.

This is the most positive thread on our board in ages lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're in the 8, destiny in our own hands, coming up against the 14th ranked team. This is the exact type of game we have repeatedly lost over the past 5 years.

And if we lose we're still a chance if things go our way.

It's all coming together for a What Happen Power.

Caveat is that North don't appear to have a lot to play for which does go in our favour.

I do not think praying to Derwayne Russell will help much.;)

We have our strongest side for the year, we are playing for a spot in the finals, we are coming off the back of two big wins, against a side that managed just 1.8 last outing. We should not need divine intervention but We Are Port Adelaide so I do not blame you for asking for help.

I reckon we can win so GO PORT.

OK you lot, it's your collective responsibility to ensure Port win their next two games. I'm off, that should be we, are off to Singapore for a couple of weeks.

Be nice to each other.

OK you lot, it's your collective responsibility to ensure Port win their next two games. I'm off, that should be we, are off to Singapore for a couple of weeks.

Be nice to each other.
You enjoy and to start your holiday off on the right foot we will win this week Xman or no Xman.
Monty said earlier in the week "it's taken us 3/4 of a season to get it right" so have faith all you nervous nellies.

Campbell Brown and Wayne Carey went against the odds and tipped North Melbourne to win this weekend.
They said that Scott Thompson would shut down Dixon and their defenders would outmatch our young forwards.

North by 39

This is so us to lose this one and we will.

It's time you start putting your money where your mouth is. Most bogus predictions out of anyone I've ever seen.

And surely the Roos will be pushed by their new coach to have a massive response to the Kardinia Park loss.
And that is where some context is required. It was at Kardinia and it was Geelong.
Roos won’t want to be embarrassed so quickly by their coach choice, he will demand a win from them and they will not be a pushover at their home ground.
100% agree

I can’t believe we are favourites, they are going to come out fired up and we need a massive 1st quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back