Preview Round 22 Ports vs Kangas @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has put nothing on the line mate. And no I won’t because I am not stupid enough to make silly bets like that knowing full well that I won’t follow through with it.
Why does everyone get worked up over a prediction. I haven't made a bet....?

Macca tips against us every week lol.

I've been to enough games in Melbourne , you all have very short memories after winning 2 in a row .

With Duursma and Sutcliffe both out maybe Ken and Co will leave the defence alone and try Burton up field? That said Ken will probably opt for caution and start Burton in defence with Bonner on the interchange bench. Butters would then come in as a straight swap for Cam Sutcliffe.

Good to see that Ken & Co resisted the temptation to recall Stephen Motlop.
Yeah, I really like the idea of Burton up field.
Bonner is the one that worries me down back, may be he can move up to a wing.

A must win. If Bombers, Crows and Bulldogs win and we lose we cannot make finals.
Good point. Probably would be paying a bit for all 3 of those teams win and for us to lose but it could happen and would be classic Ports.

I just can't see Essendon getting up, all the others could go either way though.

A must win. If Bombers, Crows and Bulldogs win and we lose we cannot make finals.
Didn’t even realise that, and I can see it happening too. I’m not as confident as everyone else here. North kicked one goal last week, they’ll be desperate to respond at a ground that doesn’t have many happy memories for us. If we lose this we wouldn’t deserve to make it anyway.

[QUOTE="Willsy10, post: 62332248, member:

I just can't see Essendon getting up, all the others could go either way though.
[/QUOTE]

Bombers have quite a few decent players coming back this week. We just need to win then we are still in the running.

you all have very short memories after winning 2 in a row
It's a coping mechanism.
Our bi-polar form is enough to drive anyone mad and because we as fans have no control over our destiny
we clutch at hope however small and fleeting. IIRC your very active when we lose and quiet when we win.
I'm the opposite.

North fans flicking through this thread..

D6PfW.jpg

They're all now scrambling to prepare for Y2K.

North Melbourne set the bar so low last week you have to think they’ll be better this round.

That solitary goal was an indictment on the whole team, and now that Rhyce Shaw has the job in a full-time capacity, he can stop being nice to the players.

North will probably won’t to consider kicking at least twice as many goals as they did last week. They can’t rely on Essendon to save them every week.

Playing Port is tricky though. You never know which Power side will show up.

Sometimes they are a fully-fledged AFL side, and other times it feels a bit like a bunch of corporate types won the chance to play on an AFL ground.

Port have to win to stay in the eight. They’ve got Fremantle next week in Adelaide too, so this and that game are both winnable. Or very losable.

They’ve got their destiny in the own hands which must be terrifying the Power supporters. Relying on your own team is the worst.

Port to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[QUOTE="Willsy10, post: 62332248, member:

Bombers have quite a few decent players coming back this week. We just need to win then we are still in the running.
[/QUOTE]
You can trust Freo just marginally less than you can trust us though.

I am scared to death. I don't believe in us. I think this game has "deflating loss" written all over it.

We are coming from two dominant wins, one at the Docklands; and they are coming from an absolutely ridiculous loss after an emotional win against Hawthorn in primetime on their 150th anniversary.

I hope I am wrong!
I wasn't... :'(

Called it on Thursday
I can't believe i could still get sucked into believing that we had something to play for and that we would turn up to play. I keep getting disappointed but at least now i no longer feel gutted for a long time. I am close to the acceptance stage of the grief cycle.

The optimist in me thinks the team did have something to play for ... Ken's sacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back