Autopsy Round 22 - Post Match against Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Channels

All Australian
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Skills, skills, skills…

Better skills mean better accuracy in front of goal.
Better skills mean better quality forward 50 entries.
Better skills mean better ball control under fatigue.
Better skills mean that there’s less of a need to exert additional energy and effort.

There’s nothing more disheartening than giving great effort, then burning the ball time and time again.

We may as well be pushing sh*t uphill.
This.

Effort is there, structure is there yet consistent inability to kick straight and hit a target just ruins the effort.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fremantle football club has a history here from the 1800's, I'd rather we were associated with that than our past
Jerseys.
That is our tradition, with red, white and blue, or Bulldogs, Old Easts colours rotated every year, or who the opposition
are.
We have a proud heritage and it would be good for the community to acknowledge this.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
You're spot on with your comment regarding Blakely. We had arguably the best midfield in the competition when he was drafted, so Ross tried turning him into a HBF to get him in the team. Now it seems like he's been pigeon-holed into that role and he's not great at it. His development as a midfielder has suffered too because of this.
Two years ago, he was doing great as a tagger.

I understand that our back line needed help and so many inside mids that it makes sense for Blakely to play back.

The big but it hasn’t worked.

Time to get the middle and tag.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fremantle football club has a history here from the 1800's, I'd rather we were associated with that than our past
Jerseys.
That is our tradition, with red, white and blue, or Bulldogs, Old Easts colours rotated every year, or who the opposition
are.
We have a proud heritage and it would be good for the community to acknowledge this.
100% we had some really great games in the red and white as well. I was going to get the new retro one from yesterday but I just went nope in the end. To much bad juju, looked nice on the ground yesterday though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
100% we had some really great games in the red and white as well. I was going to get the new retro one from yesterday but I just went nope in the end. To much bad jewjew, looked nice on the ground yesterday though.

My son was thrilled to see the old jumper in action live as he'd never seen it before - it was nice in some sense.

But yeah, felt the same, just too many bad vibes, and with the night going as it did just re-enforced it. Like blue shark's idea.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
I agree with the first 2, not sure about Duman though. He is playing some horrible footy atm, but I reckon there is something there to work with.

Maybe looked worse on TV, but I didn't mind Duman's game overall. He had some bad moments (who didn't? Even Hamling for e.g. had some mind boggling stupid moments), but he was clearly instructed to keep taking some risky options in both position and ball use - and I'm glad he did. We were so easy to defend with the slow non-movment, and he's got to back himself for his own development and the team's sake.

Needs to put a few kgs so he can impact contests a bit more, but overall, he's effectively playing his 2nd season, I think he's OK at this stage.

Last edited:

halalsnackpack

All Australian
Apr 11, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
One other thing.. Singing the club song, after a loss, is a big no no. Sure two greats retired. But that's such a losing culture. We're so prideful in celebrating our players. Not after a loss. That was pathetic tbh
Yeah embarassing. The Eagles would never do something like that even if Kennedy, Hurn, McGovern and Naitanui retired in the same game.

SiempreFreo

All Australian
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is the post game equivalent of 'just kick the thing' as if that is the solution to everything. Sturt started the year a fair way from AFL ready, then had two concussions and has been cotton-wooled since then, only getting to full speed enough for WAFL in recent weeks let alone AFL. What we had out there was basically as good as it gets.

The "young fella" would have been just as lost as half the other players out there, and there was pleanty of "spark" available given the occasion. We just weren't good enough.

I watched Sturt in Peel game v. Swans yesterday. Whatever he may become, he is presently slight, easily lost in a scrimmage and nowhere near AFL yet.

SiempreFreo

All Australian
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe looked worse on TV, but I didn't mind Duman's game overall. He had some bad moments (who didn't? Even Hamling for e.g. had some mind boggling stupid moments), but he was clearly instructed to keep taking some risky options in both position and ball use - and I'm glad he did. We were so easy to defend with the slow non-movment, and he's got to back himself for his own development and the team's sake.

Needs to put a few kgs so he can impact contests a bit more, but overall, he's effectively playing his 2nd season, I think he's OK at this stage.

I'm pro-Duman at this point despite the occasional bad decision. He has a bit of run and creativeness about his game and his kicking (when target choice is right) is usually effective.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I feel for the players. I saw some guys last night that looked physically stuffed, emotionally stuffed, and clueless. They look like galley slaves in one of those 1950s movies set in Ancient Rome, they are giving great effort but sure as hell aren't enjoying it.

MadEyeEmmy

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oh god it’s too much. Singing the song after a loss, wearing those s**t cursed jumpers (I actually have a weird soft spot for them but they represent the worst of FFC), plus the absolute dross the team put out there....

Embarrassing is an understatement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back