Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2012
Midland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Brisbane are going to MURDER Geelong. PRESSURE is Geelong’s KRYPTONITE and we are the number one pressure team in the competition. We have the best midfield in the competition when it comes to tackling and intensity and this is where we are going to win it. Our rise this year has been brought about by three factors, our great run with injuries, the fact that almost everyone is in career best form and our midfielders have been amazing.
Just look at our depth - Neale, Zorko, Lyons, McCluggage and Berry form the nucleus of our midfield and those five players have been phenomenal. They are a complete midfield unit, but importantly THEY ALSO KICK GOALS! This has been the X Factor this year and this is why we are going to beat Geelong, Richmond and ultimately win the Premiership. Neale, Lyons, Zorko, McCluggage and Berry have been every bit as potent as Voss, Akermanis, Black, Lappin and Power when it comes to goal kicking this year. Our current midfield is also bolstered by McCarthy, Rayner, Christensen and Robinson, who can rotate through for short stints.

Leaving the midfield to one side, our defence is in extraordinary. Rich is in career best form, as are Gardiner, Witherden and Andrews. Answerth and Bailey are providing run out of defence, Adams is getting better and Hodge is holding things together tactically.

In the forward line Charlie is on fire and Geelong will have no answers for him. Hipwood is as dangerous and mercurial as ever and Christensen is also in career best form. Robinson is deadly when he drifts forward and McCarthy was working into the contest well against Gold Coast and is set for a big one. McStay kicked a couple last week and is due for a “break out” game soon.

Simply put, we will be too good for Geelong. We will steamroll them.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They've been writing us off at every single opportunity so far this season. We weren't supposed to win in Round 1 against last year's premiers, which we did and comfortably. We weren't supposed to win against GWS in Sydney, despite being 4th and GWS being 5th - but we did comfortably. We were then not supposed to beat Port in Adelaide, despite being 3rd and Port 9th - but we did comfortably again. We weren't supposed to beat Hawthorn in Launceston, and yet we did. Comfortably.

It's getting hilarious yet equally pathetic to keep hearing. Every Monday in recent times the printed press is all "Brisbane continue to surprise us" and by Tuesday the talking heads on TV start to talk about all the reasons why we shouldn't win next week. Kane Cornes is convinced our technique of scoring from stoppages won't work in finals footy now too.

Not saying this game is a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination but my God some respect from the wider community of so-called experts is a bit overdue I think.

It's a combination of fear and wishful/hopeful thinking

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Tipping reports and melees in this one.Hoping Robbo can stay on the right side of the law.
Funny I was had a nervous thought about Robbo in these circumstances earlier today, with him putting a hip and shoulder on Ablet Junior and get's weeks for it.
Call me paranoid about the Judiciary.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Funny I was had a nervous thought about Robbo in these circumstances earlier today, with him putting a hip and shoulder on Ablet Junior and get's weeks for it.
Call me paranoid about the Judiciary.
We have every right to be paranoid about the MRO KK, they are bloody hopeless when it comes to being consistent.

I've got a feeling Cam will be the difference this week. He'll kick 3 and nail some huge tackles.

Cam has big game written all over him.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Here in Melbourne we're getting very little air time compared to say Essendon, and Chris Scott having a whinge about the draw is sort of what you expect from the Scott brothers these days. It all depends on when you play teams . I would've rather have played Geelong than the Dogs when we played them , or anyone bar Essendon and Collingwood who were on fire when we played them . Or have played Carlton or even Richmond in the first few rounds than when we've been unfortunate enough to play them. Total BS when we have to travel all over the country , how many of these so called great teams have to play Hawks in Tas ?

The only publicity we've had this week is Charlie Cameronidis with people making extravagant claims about how good he is and forgetting the other players we have flying under the radar ,which is all to the good .I hope Geelong focus on him because guys like Bundy can be very dangerous if they're not worried too much about them.

I can't tip us because it's just a little psycho self mozz thing I have going but we're going to be very competitive.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Very good preview Requiem. I love "The Orville" nice to know someone else watches the show.

Like a lot games this year the Lions will have to break some kind of record or hoodoo. Once again i am unable to predict the result with any certainty.
As long as they put in the effort for the whole game i will be happy. Hope McCarthy's is right to go against his old Club. Baring injury we will go in with an unchanged side.
Lets hope we have a win, and the crowd gives the players a taste of what winning a final at home will feel like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back