Unofficial Preview Round 22: Sydney Derby vs GWS @ Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their midfield might be full of speedsters, but they're still tall up front.

GWS: Cameron (196), Himmelberg (194), Griffen (192), Bonar (188), Lloyd (187), Taranto (187), Hopper (187)
Sydney: Allir (194), Rampe (189), Newman (186), McVeigh (184), Jones (181), Lloyd (180).

Without Grundy (192), we're very undersized down back. If Aliir or Rampe went down early we'd be screwed. Bringing in Grundy gives us some flexibility and allows Rampe/Aliir a bit more freedom to play the intercepting role.

Assuming Grundy is ready to resume, I would bring him straight back in regardless. He is our best FB in my view and one of the best in the comp. I dont know where this narrative that he needs a big, slow lumox to play on comes from.

But if he's not ready, then the irishman must get the call. He's a natural interceptor, and the giants have only got two guys who play tall in the forward half (Griffen is 6'4? doesn't play like it or look like it).

Assuming Grundy is ready to resume, I would bring him straight back in regardless. He is our best FB in my view and one of the best in the comp. I dont know where this narrative that he needs a big, slow lumox to play on comes from.

But if he's not ready, then the irishman must get the call. He's a natural interceptor, and the giants have only got two guys who play tall in the forward half (Griffen is 6'4? doesn't play like it or look like it).
Yeah, O'Riordan is 185, so fills the gap on the taller GWS forward line. Played well last week too, so deserves to come back in to Smith/AJ's spot.

GWS' leading goal-kickers on the weekend were Bonar, Himmelberg and Cameron, and Lobb also dominated around the ground. All talls. The week before that, it was Cameron, Himmelberg, Tomlinson and Bonar again. All talls. If there's any week we need a strong defender who knows how to use the body, it's this week. If he's ready (and that's up to him), then bring on Reg!

yeah, that Bonar kid has been impressive, and he does play tall. Forgot about him. Assuming Reg is a lock, if its a choice between Zak Jones and COR this week I'm taking COR. Jones needs to pull his head in.

yeah, that Bonar kid has been impressive, and he does play tall. Forgot about him. Assuming Reg is a lock, if its a choice between Zak Jones and COR this week I'm taking COR. Jones needs to pull his head in.

I like COR but he can't bring anywhere near what Jones can.

He is a dickhead and needs a kick in the arse but you want to leave him out in favour of the irishman ? Glad you are only a selector on here.

I could understand bringing Grundy back in if Patton was playing, but who is his match up, given the likely team GWS will field is full of speedsters. Wouldn't O'riordan be a better coice

I see your point. Agree would be a def inclusion if Patton was there - but if Lobb goes forward we might need him there where his strength will be valuable. I also like Reg back in to get him back up to speed for facing Kennedy/Darling/Hawkins, even Cox come finals time. Though we could go smaller if facing some others....

Thinking aloud, without Reg what happens to us if AA, Sinkers, or Rampe gets injured during a game... (Surely AA goes to ruck if Sinkers goes down) McCartin into defense ? Given he's a junior now, did he play any u16s down back? :p

Their midfield might be full of speedsters, but they're still tall up front.

GWS: Cameron (196), Himmelberg (194), Griffen (192), Bonar (188), Lloyd (187), Taranto (187), Hopper (187)
Sydney: Allir (194), Rampe (189), Newman (186), McVeigh (184), Jones (181), Lloyd (180).

Without Grundy (192), we're very undersized down back. If Aliir or Rampe went down early we'd be screwed. Bringing in Grundy gives us some flexibility and allows Rampe/Aliir a bit more freedom to play the intercepting role.
Easy to forget about Himmelberg in their all-gifted top ten pick team - he is pretty handy.
Anyway, agreed all round.

Always thought doing my prediction we lose this game and win the last

get too 4 if we win this, should with their injury list, be interesting who comes in I guess.

Jones is obvious.

If Grundy is still out who knows, mccartin go back, I don’t think it matters, will win it in the middle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back