Unofficial Preview Round 22: Sydney Derby vs GWS @ Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Stoddard? Played well in the ressies come back apparently, and kicked two goals in the last quarter. Reckon he'd be worth bringing in, great experience for him, especially if we are thinking of playing him a lot more next year. Play him in his natural role and he can drive the attack from HB. We keep going back to the same players all the time and they don't quite do enough, so it might be worth giving him another go. Only concern would be that they want more experience as opposed to another young kid.

You probably answer your own question in the last line. Ryley's time will come but I think unless we don't have an alternative we are better at looking at him in 2019. He's had a taste which will help him in 2019.

What about Stoddard? Played well in the ressies come back apparently, and kicked two goals in the last quarter. Reckon he'd be worth bringing in, great experience for him, especially if we are thinking of playing him a lot more next year. Play him in his natural role and he can drive the attack from HB. We keep going back to the same players all the time and they don't quite do enough, so it might be worth giving him another go. Only concern would be that they want more experience as opposed to another young kid.
At this stage he is built like an under 15 player. This week is no place for a mosquito. It will have the intensity of a Final.

I'm more confident this week than I was this time last week. GWS limping into finals helps us out now. They'll be conservative & not risk the Shaws, Kellys, Greenes, Deledios & Simpsons if they aren't 100% I don't think. Likewise, all the injuries & suspensions has meant they've had a somewhat unsettled lineup throughout the season.

If we can bring what we did against the Dees then I think we can secure our spot in finals this week...

I'm more confident this week than I was this time last week. GWS limping into finals helps us out now. They'll be conservative & not risk the Shaws, Kellys, Greenes, Deledios & Simpsons if they aren't 100% I don't think. Likewise, all the injuries & suspensions has meant they've had a somewhat unsettled lineup throughout the season.

If we can bring what we did against the Dees then I think we can secure our spot in finals this week...
Agree. Mind you, if they do choose to risk these players our chances improve imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will win and clip them

No one can cover that injury list
Kelly
Greene
Scully
Shaw
Lids
Williams
Patton
Simpson
Reid
Taylor

GWS are probably the most able to though given their depth...and I really like that Bonar kid. He was starring in the NEAFL and looks a really good player already. I think we will need to front run in this. If GWS get any sort of break on us they are very good front runners I think it will be difficult to peg back.

Yesterday we scored 1 goal in 2 qtrs of footy (1st & 4th).
And yes, we still won. It just worries me.
I’m not confident we can get away with that against Giants. They score so quickly.
Me too, I wouldn't want to be relying on us to hold off a surging GWS in the last...

Yesterday we scored 1 goal in 2 qtrs of footy (1st & 4th).
And yes, we still won. It just worries me.
I’m not confident we can get away with that against Giants. They score so quickly.

Yes. Essentially, that Melb game echoed that farcical loss to Geel when they kicjed 8.23.

That said, if Buddy kicked straight (he was 1.5 at one point) we'd have gone into triple digits easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back