Preview Round 22: Sydney Derby vs GWS @ Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystified by the selection of the Surname Cursed Robbo who has rarely looked at home in the 1s. COR should have been an In, ashe looks the part.

Both mobs are injury addled. Neither can afford any more. Kelly is a crucial out for them and we have one tall in defence.

Beyond Burdwan and the DeCameron, Shiels, the two Skips and Banners, this game will hinge on the kids. There is quality on both teams.

I think ours will have big games. Tommy Mac is gaining confidence, non-Zac Dawson already looks an auto selection and will kick 3 and have 20+ possies, Ronke, Hayburner, Paps and Good Golly will have big ones.

A2 will have a monster game as the tall backline.

George will be BOG.

Bloods to win by 15.

Basil is good when he is not doing the Eagles or Dockers. He literally loses his sense of reality whenever he has to commentate their games fairly. But he's a great MC and caller
Do you mean Basil Brush because you can't be talking about Zempilas. He is an atrocious caller.

On the one hand, I can’t see Robinson making a difference and if I’m honest, I’ve written him off. On the other, I cannot fault his selection after his 2s performance last week, so here’s hoping I’m wrong.
I don't need him to be the difference, I just want him to fill the gap and perform his role... that will be enough.

Really don’t get the Basil hate. Don’t think he’s the world’s greatest orator, but why is he supposedly so terrible?
He lacks any sort of wit or personality. To me he's just such a bland commentator. His presentation also feels very staged and lacks a certain authenticity.

Although he's a complete boofhead, at least with commentators like BT what you see is what you get and he makes the call genuinely entertaining.

Basil's just a boring drip.

He lacks any sort of wit or personality. To me he's just such a bland commentator. His presentation also feels very staged and lacks a certain authenticity.

Although he's a complete boofhead, at least with commentators like BT what you see is what you get and he makes the call genuinely entertaining.

Basil's just a boring drip.
Yep nailed It, bland is the perfect adjective to describe him.

Really don’t get the Basil hate. Don’t think he’s the world’s greatest orator, but why is he supposedly so terrible?

I'm glad you asked, allow me to explain :)

He tries too hard. Cringe worthy puns that are clearly premeditated.

Always calling the possession a player behind who actually has the ball, which shows a lack of ability/nous compared to other commentators.

Makes more errors than any other commentator, and has an uncanny ability call the wrong players name at key moments of a game.

Knows stuff all about footy, just a channel 7 all round media jockey.

"IT'S NOT DEMPSEY IT'S RYYDERRRR"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back