Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
DCowboys, ManU, Celtics, Blackhawks
For those thinking of bringing in Cunnington, I will just leave his last few scores here for you;

Average of 81.17 in his last 6. Admittedly he scored 146 the game before these, but that was preceded by another 59! Thanks you campaigner!! Goes to water as soon as someone pays him any attention. Worst trade in of the year.....

Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets!
Trying to work out the more worthwhile upgrade...

BSmith > Houli
OR
Ziebell > Boak
before last week it would have been Ziebs > Boak.
but Boak's effort on the weekend was pretty average to say the least.
I'd go Smith > Houli.
Houli has been solid AF the last 5 rounds...scoring well in any weather too!

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
OK, this shambles has made it this far with 3 trades in the pocket and into a pair of prelims.

There's bugger all playing cheap rookies to free up cash, so I guess I'd look at going to a DPP bottom price option just for flexibility. I was hoping to use Clarke and Chol to buy an extra premo midfielder and get Heeney or Gray onto the M/F bench as loopholes and strong cover, but seem short on bucks for that. Answerth's value would be nice to cash in, but I've needed his bench cover several times recently.

Sweating on fitness and availability of Dusty and Sloane. Only $14,500 cash, so likely a 1 up, 1 down type move. Thinking if Sloane is out, Fyfe is the key one I'm missing.

Advice and ideas needed.

Listclogger

March Champion
Feb 11, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I really hope I’m not forced to use my last trade this week.

Have used 4 in the last 2 weeks to cover injuries and ROB getting dropped.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
For those thinking of bringing in Cunnington, I will just leave his last few scores here for you;

View attachment 725716

Average of 81.17 in his last 6. Admittedly he scored 146 the game before these, but that was preceded by another 59! Thanks you campaigner!! Goes to water as soon as someone pays him any attention. Worst trade in of the year.....

I still can't figure out why people ignored his previous 9 non-premo seasons playing the exact same role. It's not like he hasn't had "hot streaks" before.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets!
OK, this shambles has made it this far with 3 trades in the pocket and into a pair of prelims.

There's bugger all playing cheap rookies to free up cash, so I guess I'd look at going to a DPP bottom price option just for flexibility. I was hoping to use Clarke and Chol to buy an extra premo midfielder and get Heeney or Gray onto the M/F bench as loopholes and strong cover, but seem short on bucks for that. Answerth's value would be nice to cash in, but I've needed his bench cover several times recently.

Sweating on fitness and availability of Dusty and Sloane. Only $14,500 cash, so likely a 1 up, 1 down type move. Thinking if Sloane is out, Fyfe is the key one I'm missing.

Advice and ideas needed.

View attachment 726270
bang on with Fyfe!...get him in!
cover is good enough for the last 2 rounds.

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
I still can't figure out why people ignored his previous 9 non-premo seasons playing the exact same role. It's not like he hasn't had "hot streaks" before.

View attachment 726353
Exactly mate. He's one of those players who flirts with premo status for a month or two then reverts to mediocrity.
I get that people look for a POD, but you're better off looking for a young breakout year type player, than someone who has never been a premo in 9 seasons expecting them to suddenly become one.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
before last week it would have been Ziebs > Boak.
but Boak's effort on the weekend was pretty average to say the least.
I'd go Smith > Houli.
Houli has been solid AF the last 5 rounds...scoring well in any weather too!
Boak tagged last week....chance of Houli being tagged this week

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast

View attachment 726353
Peeples are always chasing the HOT NEW thing, plenty of examples, Cameron, Lynch, Scooter, Darling for instance are perfect examples.
Hot streaks are fun to jump on but you must be wearing asbestos underwear to ride it out.

Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
DCowboys, ManU, Celtics, Blackhawks

View attachment 726353

Yep, I'm hearing you loud and clear Mr Birch. I have had a pretty good year in terms of not making these types of mistakes, at least compared to previous years. I will put this one down as my big blunder for 2019, and learn from my mistake in 2020!!

I have a couple of trades left, so I'm tossing up whether to upgrade him. However he has Port this week (may get tagged?), and then Melbourne. Think I will just hold him now.

My other weak links are Robbie Gray and Lachie Weller. I can do a straight swap of Weller to Sicily, as I have $89k spare, so I think that might be my trade this week, and then have one left for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back