samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
He is absolutely a trade out

Watched him closely on the weekend and he was really bad.
Didn’t see the game myself so what were your concerns?
Low on marks but otherwise solid output stats wise, including 6 tackles.

Crashy

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Didn’t see the game myself so what were your concerns?
Low on marks but otherwise solid output stats wise, including 6 tackles.
He is sooo slow, was running at a 45 degree angle behind the play, not in front of it looking to be dangerous.

Would not be surprised if he was dropped this week.

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
He is sooo slow, was running at a 45 degree angle behind the play, not in front of it looking to be dangerous.

Would not be surprised if he was dropped this week.
Hmm food for thought - thanks!
The port board do seem worried about too many slow midfielders but I feel that has been the case all year and they haven’t looked to change that yet, and coming off a big win doubt it will this week.

Clearly out means trade but if still in he is still the pig with a decent last two game slate.

browncow

All Australian
Feb 21, 2011
Grazing
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Indiana Pacers
If Marshall is out then it will probably be Marshall to Gawn.

If Marshall plays then I'll look at Hurn to either Simpson, Clark or Houston. Can't afford any of the big guns.

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sounding like Jelly back in this week.
Probably an r23 pick-up for mine, but any one going to pull the trigger this week if he is back?

Traders in agreement with trading out Rocky, and raise the good thought of trading in Hawks players (eg. Shiels). Any one else keen on Shiels? or JOM to hit back?

JADED

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably an r23 pick-up for mine, but any one going to pull the trigger this week if he is back?

Traders in agreement with trading out Rocky, and raise the good thought of trading in Hawks players (eg. Shiels). Any one else keen on Shiels? or JOM to hit back?
Tough one with Jelly, priced high so he'd want to deliver. Susceptible to a tag so would gold coast bother assigning Touk Miller in round 23?

Very wary of possible dead rubbers next week and any player under a cloud may miss (even with the bye the following week)
We've seen it a bit this year. Banged up player named, late out, set to miss 1 game and somehow misses 3 weeks.

I'm keen to look at options for Dusty but need to wait til Adelaide name their rucks this week.

Matt Crouch is in good form. I know a few jumped off but Collingwood (this week) seem to allow a few high scores, dogs the following don't really tag either. Head to head ball winning.

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tough one with Jelly, priced high so he'd want to deliver. Susceptible to a tag so would gold coast bother assigning Touk Miller in round 23?

Very wary of possible dead rubbers next week and any player under a cloud may miss (even with the bye the following week)
We've seen it a bit this year. Banged up player named, late out, set to miss 1 game and somehow misses 3 weeks.

I'm keen to look at options for Dusty but need to wait til Adelaide name their rucks this week.

Matt Crouch is in good form. I know a few jumped off but Collingwood (this week) seem to allow a few high scores, dogs the following don't really tag either. Head to head ball winning.
M Crouch is back up to speed again... a footy magnet last week end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sixpence

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I've had O'Meara all season. Hasn't been a bust by any means, but hasn't really been a top 8 mid either. I'm keeping him this week against GC, but will probably be my last upgrade (to pretty much any mid).

Ah12

Debutant
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Will there be any dead rubbers next week tho? I think all teams currently in the top 8 and adelaide/bulldogs will all be fighting to finish as best they can as each game they play should result in how high they finish

browncow

All Australian
Feb 21, 2011
Grazing
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Up against Gawn in all three of my Prelims. Should go huge against the Swans.

I have Marshall at R2 and I see he isn’t named on the injury list despite his knee issue last week.

I have pretty limited cash. Question is would you hold Marshall and go against Gawn and trade Hurn to a Houston/Simpson type or trade Marshall to Gawn and keep Hurn?

Or to put it more simply
Gawn and Hurn
Vs
Marshall and Simpson/Houston?

Last edited:

4tune8

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Up against Gawn in all three of my Prelims. Should go huge against the Swans.

I have Marshall at R2 and I see he isn’t named on the injury list despite his knee issue last week.

I have pretty limited cash. Question is would you hold Marshall and go against Gawn and trade Hurn to a Houston/Simpson type or trade Marshall to Gawn and keep Hurn?

Or to put it more simply
Gawn and Hurn
Vs
Marshall and Simpson/Houston?
If you're going for league then Gawn is a must this week. Marshall is up against the Swans the following week. If I was going for ranking then 2, going for leagues then 1. Hurn could go ok against the Tigs too.

browncow

All Australian
Feb 21, 2011
Grazing
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
If you're going for league then Gawn is a must this week. Marshall is up against the Swans the following week. If I was going for ranking then 2, going for leagues then 1. Hurn could go ok against the Tigs too.
Yeah I’m focussed on league now. Blown outside the top 5000 the last month.

I’m leaning towards Gawn at this point.

Changa10

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
DCowboys, ManU, Celtics, Blackhawks
Hey all,

I am up against the person that everyone wants beaten in our league prelim this week. Any advice on who out of this lot I should look to upgrade for the big clash? I have $85k for any straight swaps, but I could also cash in either Duursma, Chol or McClean for extra cash.

Anyone that is a glaring omission that I should try and get in this week?

Top Bottom