Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Hmm, any good inputs on how best to prioritise upgrading this?

I'm in the "good" (I think?) position of having some cash and 3 trades (and a boost, for that matter). Willing to spend everything this week.

Cripps obviously the #1 priority. From there, who should the upgrade priorities be?

I was thinking Darcy (fail) to Gawn (obvious target).

That would leave me only able to improve one of F6, D6, and my Taranto roving bench cover idea in tatters (man, that was a bad call).

1660100069330.png

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hmm, any good inputs on how best to prioritise upgrading this?

I'm in the "good" (I think?) position of having some cash and 3 trades (and a boost, for that matter). Willing to spend everything this week.

Cripps obviously the #1 priority. From there, who should the upgrade priorities be?

I was thinking Darcy (fail) to Gawn (obvious target).

That would leave me only able to improve one of F6, D6, and my Taranto roving bench cover idea in tatters (man, that was a bad call).

View attachment 1471865
Keep Brodie. 55% of teams have him, so a poor score from him won’t hurt you that much.

I’d be inclined to keep Darcy. As frustrating as it would be to have owned him, he’s still hit 90+ 12 of his last 15 games. He’s also capable of a monster score that the others are not, although I understand the fear of not having Gawn which would potentially sway me.

Ridley and Short would be my two to upgrade. Docherty is available at a very cheap price, and if you have the chol to do it, Hall is a risk worth taking with two rounds to go.

Taranto sitting there is frustrating, but this is one of the reasons why I advocate prioritising luxury upgrades on field first, before adding non rookie bench cover.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just wondering whether number 9 - who has one only trade left which is a boost - can use that last trade, given that they don't have a regular trade to hang the boost onto?
As far as I’m aware the limit on trades, and the limit on boosts are completely separate. I’m pretty sure we’re free to split the 35 trades across the rounds however we see fit and have no obligation to use all of the boosts.

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With the Cripps exodus and without any cover in the backline, is GusShaw that bad of a pick? If he keeps getting CBAs he isn't any less unreliable than his brother, won't cop a tag and still gets a ton of contested and effective disposals. More importantly, he gives me a way to swing any backs through to the midfield should I need them. Or, I could go straight to a defender and swing a defender into the mids. So my options are:

Cripps > Parish/Steele/AndyShaw
Cripps > GusShaw
Cripps > Stewart

with Stewart having GCS and WCE over the next few.

Honestly torn over this one.

HocusPocusFocus

Debutant
Jun 15, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
1660105560097.png

OK - so now I need some advice. Cripps to Tracc is pretty much a done deal, but ideally I want to keep the last remaining trade until next week. So this week I'll either have to run Crisp at D6/M9E or Brodie at F6/M9E (depending on which line I put the Hindenberg on). Ordinarily, I'd do what I did last week and play around with a series of rolling loops - easy last week when Crisp tonned up early. However, I'll be inflight for most of the Friday / Saturday games so that's not an option. So I'm torn - Is Brodie cooked or, alternatively, was Crispy's score last week an outlier and this week he'll return to his Spudly ways? Suggestions???

View attachment 1471927
OK - so now I need some advice. Cripps to Tracc is pretty much a done deal, but ideally I want to keep the last remaining trade until next week. So this week I'll either have to run Crisp at D6/M9E or Brodie at F6/M9E (depending on which line I put the Hindenberg on). Ordinarily, I'd do what I did last week and play around with a series of rolling loops - easy last week when Crisp tonned up early. However, I'll be inflight for most of the Friday / Saturday games so that's not an option. So I'm torn - Is Brodie cooked or, alternatively, was Crispy's score last week an outlier and this week he'll return to his Spudly ways? Suggestions???
Field Brodie IMO. Crisp won't have much space to move around the confines of the SCG, and he's at his best when he can run and carry. Brodie has WC with no Kelly - should score well.

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
As far as I’m aware the limit on trades, and the limit on boosts are completely separate. I’m pretty sure we’re free to split the 35 trades across the rounds however we see fit and have no obligation to use all of the boosts.
Ok that sounds about right. So we could use no boosts in using our 35 trades across the season.

Ok that sounds about right. So we could use no boosts in using our 35 trades across the season.

yes - the boost function is simply a mechanism to allow you to use 1 more trade than normal in a given round

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks

I’m a Cripps owner but with 3 trades remaining and currently in the top 1000, this could work in my favour if I pick the right replacement.

Wonder how many coaches are out of trades. This is the first time I've used them all before the final round, so maybe I'm just noticing it, but it seems like a lot this season.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wonder how many coaches are out of trades. This is the first time I've used them all before the final round, so maybe I'm just noticing it, but it seems like a lot this season.

based on the activity in this thread I'd say 90% of the BF posters

AN1611

Senior List
Aug 10, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Got my eyes on one of the following for Cripps: Petracca, Mills or Dawson

Getting a Mid only means Titch at m9/short d6

Getting Dawson means Titch at m8/Short m9

Whats everyones thoughts on the above conundrum?

GoDees234

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Got my eyes on one of the following for Cripps: Petracca, Mills or Dawson

Getting a Mid only means Titch at m9/short d6

Getting Dawson means Titch at m8/Short m9

Whats everyones thoughts on the above conundrum?
Dawson for sure, good run with north and port, especially if you have a donut d/m swing with short so he can cover 2 lines.

Titch has had some ok scores in recent weeks, much safer on field than short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back