Preview Round 22 v Hawthorn MCG Sunday 14th August 1.10 - Did Castagna Stay In?

Remove this Banner Ad

Our defence is our strength. Strange comment. If those guys kick bags it's because you have spanked us in the midfield and your getting good supply. No defence can stop that. We have conceded heavy scores because of the style were trying to play not because the defence is s**t.
Also if we spank you it's because our forward line suddenly clicks which it's been threatening to all year... we've been winning inside 50's all year but our forward line efficiency has been putrid. I look at your backs and Sicily aside don't see the class there to curtail us, I'm probably wishfully hoping the dam wall breaks today.

Also if we spank you it's because our forward line suddenly clicks which it's been threatening to all year... we've been winning inside 50's all year but our forward line efficiency has been putrid. I look at your backs and Sicily aside don't see the class there to curtail us, I'm probably wishfully hoping the dam wall breaks today.
Understandable you don't know much about the rest of the guys down there but as I mentioned Hardwick is an elite stopper and Blanck has been a bit of a revelation for us. If we were more competent through the midfield our defence would keep more goals out every week. Its better than our record suggests. You may kick 18 goals today for eg but it's probably because we are being beaten up around the ball and the constant pressure would be too much for the defence. The times when we look good is when we're breaking even but ATM we can't sustain it. We're a work in progress. You guys should win but if we turn up to play we will keep you guys honest for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back