Not open for further replies.

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rocky or Danger for captain fellas?

Should I play it safe and go Danger to block my opponents?
Play safe if it will ensure the win, take the risk if you are behind. Note Pincrushers stats below.
Gawn into Danger or the Bont.

Interesting that Danger averages 141.6 against top 8 teams this year but only 119.7 against the rest.
Gawn into the Bont.

Take Hannebery's 116 over Gawn?
Think Gawn will go bigger but, same advice stands, if you are likely to win with Hanners, take it.

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thinking of taking a chance and going Sloane / pendles VC into either Gawn or Bont. Have Danger/ Selwood too but not confident they will lift to any heights against Brisbane.
Of my 3 opponents, they have all played their vc and will not likely take them. 2/3 playing Gawn as C and playing danger. Thinking running a vc tonight gives me an extra shot at it or run with gawn as vc and bank on his score at half time?

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Thinking of taking a chance and going Sloane / pendles VC into either Gawn or Bont. Have Danger/ Selwood too but not confident they will lift to any heights against Brisbane.
Of my 3 opponents, they have all played their vc and will not likely take them. 2/3 playing Gawn as C and playing danger. Thinking running a vc tonight gives me an extra shot at it or run with gawn as vc and bank on his score at half time?
Almost certain Pendles is not fully fit. Main reason I have not VC'd him tonight. Most people were surprised he played last week after the ankle injury the week before.

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mmmm.... Pendles 85 at the half. :'(
Heading to the regrets thread.......

CaptainJayho

Senior List
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bristol Rovers FC
Had Pendlebury as VC and Danger as C - but only have Grimley available to loophole Pendles in. Grimmers seems to have been pulled from the VFL yesterday so now crapping myself that he's a late in for the Bombers which is the final game of the round. So if he's a late in could be left with Grimmers as captain. Need the points from Pendlebury but is it worth the risk of losing everything??

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
Had Pendlebury as VC and Danger as C - but only have Grimley available to loophole Pendles in. Grimmers seems to have been pulled from the VFL yesterday so now crapping myself that he's a late in for the Bombers which is the final game of the round. So if he's a late in could be left with Grimmers as captain. Need the points from Pendlebury but is it worth the risk of losing everything??
A sticky situation! If you've got trades left you could trade Grimley to Goetz if Grimley is a late IN.

d-12

Senior List
Mar 6, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Geelong
Massive dilemma. But you can't take Pendles vc without full knowledge that Grimley isn't playing.

Option A: Leave the C on Grimley and wait and watch to see if he is a late in. If he comes in you change the C to another Bulldogs or Bomber player eg. Merrett, Bont, Dahlhaus, M. Boyd etc If he doesn't come in. Leave the C on him and take Pendles.

Option B: if you don't have the ability to check if Grimley comes in late or not. Then throw the C on Maxy Gawn, Danger or Selwood.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My opponent has already taken Parker's score (118) as his C.

I still have the option of taking Hanners score (116) (via Grimley loophole)..

My captain option is Jelwood, Danger, Gawn or Zerrett...

Thoughts?

Last edited:

jdwood

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Tried to VC Pendles when I saw that he looked good in the warm up. Unfortunately the WatchAFL app which overseas users rely on is a few seconds behind and missed out. Oh well, c'mon Gawn/Danger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back