Review Round 22 vs Essendon @ Alphabet Stadium (Sunday 15.08.2021 - 3:20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Woeful effort..... shows the complete lack of any game plan. Badly need a coach who can actually coach....and put some grunt in the whole team. Townsend again showed what is needed....pity he doesn't get more of the pill
Can you play both Townsend and Holman. I like both of them but l'm not sure you can play both.

Can you play both Townsend and Holman. I like both of them but l'm not sure you can play both.
Townsend Holman Corbett all the same size and speed, would have to be only 1 or max 2 of them in the same team

I read the article and I can understand the thinking behind playing the game at GMHBA, but what logic was it to pass up a home game, in front of a home crowd over a ridiculous, narrow stadium, that we’ve never won a game at, that doesn’t suit our game style infront of no one?

Pretty sure we refused to FIFO like Collingwood did so it was moved here.

Woeful effort..... shows the complete lack of any game plan. Badly need a coach who can actually coach....and put some grunt in the whole team. Townsend again showed what is needed....pity he doesn't get more of the pill

Pity he doesn't lay a few more tackles either, considering that is what he's there for. Still prefer Holman in that position.

Any chance Markov comes back next week? At least he provides some run.

Would also like to see Day come back. Just gives us some height up forward.

Drop Smith, put Burger in the ruck.
watch us bring in another guy with a hamstring injury within 2 weeks only for them to reinjure it. sounds worth it to some people ha ha

I think the little victories in regard to something like the Peter Wright trade are only relevant on a board like this, where people seem to respond and react to absurd levels, almost minute to minute.

Peter Wright was the second coming of Christ last week based on one game. So yeah, little victories at this point.
I am going to not say much but I'll say this. It's hard being a supporter of this club. You 100% take whatever silver linings and little victories to make it through till the next one.

I had to listen all week about this bloke being touted by the media as the ******* messiah and we s**t the bed letting him go and yadda yadda yadda

As predicted Sam Collins gave him an absolute bath and goddamn you love to see it

Anyone who feels differently must REALLY be fun at parties.

Just watched it
Disgraceful as expected

Dew/Haines/Tippett/Enablers should all FRO.
And GET CLARKSON!!
Thats my considered and intellectual contribution. Nothing more needs to be said.
There are many things wrong at the moment but most comes back to the actual style of play and attitude etc. I lost count of the number of times I saw a Suns player pull up prior to an impending body on body clash (with the ball in action). Our boys stop as if they've been told not to bump the opposition and then throw out a pathetic attempt to tackle or impede - the Bomber plays grabs the ball and tears away from the tackle. They also were not afraid to contest the play and risk a penalty or suspension...while we won't go anywhere near a chancy encounter. Exceptions are Collins, Anderson and Townsend. We seem to have a focus on being pillars of the community and good boys - while the good teams really think little about that. Hit the bodies hard and hurt the opposition - while going for the ball of course. We still seem to not have any killer instinct and that's a coaching element. Dew has the worst coaching percentage by far - David Teague is even smiling! Something has to give and I'd love to see something done well before the end of 2022 - it will be too late by then to save another exodus if we have yet another 'promising' season and finish in the bottom 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back