Game Day Round 22: vs Hawthorn @ Docklands (Sunday 4:40)

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below

Round 22
Sunday, August 18 2019
Gold Coast vs Hawthorn
Marvel Stadium, Docklands, VIC
Bounce Time
4:40pm Australian Eastern Time​

Two more to go.

Lets try and keep a positive mindset going into the last couple games.

Huge thanks to GWS for playing them into form, Ya rubes.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Think this will be the first Vic Suns game I’m gonna miss voluntarily in 4 years. Not going to ruin my weekend with it

Stick fat mate. One more game for the year. Remember where Brisbane were a few years back.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
I’m trying hard, just really struggling to get the motivation for it, girlfriend has given up on coming to games with me so it’s now not worth travelling 2 hours down to Melbourne to watch

It's a long trek, believe me I know. But it's the crap days like this that will make you appreciate the good days we get in about 28 years time!

If you're telling us you're not a real fan now when we are losing by 15 goals, don't come crawling back confessing your love when we are only losing by 12 goals :p

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
It's a long trek, believe me I know. But it's the crap days like this that will make you appreciate the good days we get in about 28 years time!

If you're telling us you're not a real fan now when we are losing by 15 goals, don't come crawling back confessing your love when we are only losing by 12 goals :p
I keep telling my girlfriend we can’t have kids cause I don’t want to ruin there life by making them follow the Suns as well 😅

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
I keep telling my girlfriend we can’t have kids cause I don’t want to ruin there life by making them follow the Suns as well 😅

That's really harsh. With the advancements of medical technology your kids might live long enough for them to see the suns have a winning season! Get them on board for it

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
That's really harsh. With the advancements of medical technology your kids might live long enough for them to see the suns have a winning season! Get them on board for it
The year is 2120 the suns have finished 11th with a win total of 11 wins 11 losses. There best winning record in a season ever

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
The year is 2120 the suns have finished 11th with a win total of 11 wins 11 losses. There best winning record in a season ever

Not long to go then after that. After all Cochrane said during the week in 150 years the SUNS will be thriving

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I will be there behind the goals with the SUNS fans chanting my heart out regardless of the result. There isn’t a better time to get behind the boys and support them. Have to ride through the tough times as a member and fan.

NEVER SAY DIE!
Good stuff. I'll be there

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Brayden Fiorini has only won 8 free kicks in 19 games this season.
Seems incredibly low for a player playing almost exclusively inside midfield.

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Brayden Fiorini has only won 8 free kicks in 19 games this season.
Seems incredibly low for a player playing almost exclusively inside midfield.
Miles would rack up that many in a couple of weeks. He's always getting his head in the way of other blokes' arms.

Miles would rack up that many in a couple of weeks. He's always getting his head in the way of other blokes' arms.
Anyone know Miles' injury status? Is he likely to play this week? I'm aware he ended the game on the bench with his foot/ankle iced up.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Anyone know Miles' injury status? Is he likely to play this week? I'm aware he ended the game on the bench with his foot/ankle iced up.

Midfielder Anthony Miles has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after injuring his ankle on the weekend.
Miles left the field with the complaint in the first quarter, returned to play but couldn’t finish the game, eventually being iced up in the final quarter.
“Anthony got his ankle caught under him in a tackle on the weekend so he was pretty sore early this week,” SUNS Head Physiotherapist Lindsay Bull told the Alpha Sport Injury Update.
“He’s had some damage to the syndesmosis in his ankle so unfortunately that will mean he’s out for the rest of the season.
“He’s going to go see a surgeon later on in the week and we’ll determine the best course of action for Anthony from there.”

Back