Game Day Round 22: vs Hawthorn @ Docklands (Sunday 4:40)

Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Might be able to stretch the Hawk's defence with all of 2MP, Day, and King. Day could possibly be more freed up to help out the backline (as an extra tall and as an exit mark), too. 2MP can pinch ruck. Wondering how the Hawks will handle Hanley (whether they'll put a tag on him or not, knowing how well he can do if given space).

B: Jack Lukosius - Caleb Graham - Jarrod Harbrow
HB: Charlie Ballard - Chris Burgess - Lachie Weller
C: Pearce Hanley - Jack Bowes - Brayden Fiorini
HF: Alex Sexton - Sam Day - Touk Miller
F: Sean Lemmens - Ben King - Ben Ainsworth
FOLL: Jarrod Witts - David Swallow - Darcy McPherson

I/C: Jacob Dawson - George Horlin-Smith - Peter Wright - Brad Scheer

edit: part of me wants Rischitelli in the team, too, but I don't think playing him helps us going forward (only reason to play him is for a farewell game or depth at this point, imo)

BrisbaneCFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
According to Dew Martin sore from knee knock against Lions, had it strapped in 2nd half.

Its an interesting omission, Martin I mean, considering he killed it the NEAFL last week. One of our most reliable posters has suggested Martin will move to Carlton early in the trade period. It seems as though he may have been banished and not injured as suggested. Will be interesting to see if he plays this week or not.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Its an interesting omission, Martin I mean, considering he killed it the NEAFL last week. One of our most reliable posters has suggested Martin will move to Carlton early in the trade period. It seems as though he may have been banished and not injured as suggested. Will be interesting to see if he plays this week or not.
He’s injured there is no conspiracy and Carlton tried to get Martin last year and he turned them down

BrisbaneCFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
He’s injured there is no conspiracy and Carlton tried to get Martin last year and he turned them down

I think you will find it was North and Essendon but we will find out if he plays this weekend or not how much of a conspiracy there is or isn't.

I think you will find it was North and Essendon but we will find out if he plays this weekend or not how much of a conspiracy there is or isn't.

1) We already know he isn't playing this weekend
2) This fact does not strengthen or validate any conspiracy that he is going to Carlton
3) Daisy must have been on some serious coin for you to now be able to go after Cogs and Martin this year.

BrisbaneCFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
1) We already know he isn't playing this weekend
2) This fact does not strengthen or validate any conspiracy that he is going to Carlton
3) Daisy must have been on some serious coin for you to now be able to go after Cogs and Martin this year.

We have been banking 5% of the cap for the last three seasons, we now have to spend it or lose it.

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Martin had ice on his knee after the Collingwood match. I don't know whether he does that every match, but he might have been carrying an injury for a while.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
sorry for the intrusion but wtf happened to aaron young

He's had a few injuries throughout the year. This from this weeks Injury Report

In good news, Aaron Young returned from injury in the NEAFL and will play again this week.
“Aaron did really well after his return from the injury to his knee,” Bull said.
“He had a really good game and will be available this weekend as well.”

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
sorry for the intrusion but wtf happened to aaron young
At best fringe player.
In the seniors in round 10 or so and hurt his knee.
Good senior body for the reserves to have and can do his job ok if elevated to senior level. I’d keep him around as long as I’m pretty minimal wage.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back