Game Day Round 22: vs Hawthorn @ Docklands (Sunday 4:40)

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
To me it looks like most of these guys are stuck in defensive mindset so when they get the ball they don’t want to play on and be the one who attacks and more than likely turn it over anyway

The other issue the game style at the start of the season was pressure and tackle create a turnover or stoppage or get the ball bomb it down the line bring it to ground for stoppage or out of bounds

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Yes multiple players.
Go and ask a few yourself they are a great bunch of young men
I really hope there is a little bit more to our game than pure defence next year.
I get the whole idea to instil a bit of defensive responsibility but if you can't kick goals - and players aren't enjoying playing.. its hard to see how things turn around.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Dewy got a lot of work to do in the preseason. More list turnover and more guys in to help bring them up to speed.

I don't believe what I'm seeing at the moment is an accurate reflection of where the team is at. Lots of guys that should not be playing are playing. Other guys down on form. Others just cooked after doing so much early on in their career. Of the midfield, Swallow is the only guy that looks to have maintained some form. No surprises it's because he's probably our oldest head in the midfield.

Would love to see Bowes back playing fulltime mid. Seems to be stuck in the forward line or back flanks.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Baffles me why Hanley runs out of the square before he knows where he is going to kick it.
There has been about 5 occasions where he ends up going with option 5 after wandering out of the square.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Baffles me why Hanley runs out of the square before he knows where he is going to kick it.
There has been about 5 occasions where he ends up going with option 5 after wandering out of the square.
Feel like this is Hanley's best game since coming back from injury, but still yeah - making a lot of mistakes.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Our goal scorers are really a view to the future...

GHS, Rischitelli, Murdoch, Weller (ok, i'll pass on that one)

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Feel like this is Hanley's best game since coming back from injury, but still yeah - making a lot of mistakes.

Yes, more a comment on that particular aspect rather than his whole game.
Has been one of our better players..

Back