Game Day Round 22: vs Hawthorn @ Docklands (Sunday 4:40)

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a large part of why the players do so much running. Turnovers kill us every week.
Kicking and handball issue. Kicking under pressure is like kids urine everywhere instead of toilet bowl. Handball is like holding a bomb just simply hand pass.

Even with a bit of implied pressure we just hack it forward.
Don’t know whether it’s a lack of continuity with the midfield to organise, handball around and give it to a guy who can steady and hit a leading target?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just imagine when GWS will not make finals. I believe it could happen soon actually. More players probably leaving.

This is a bad thing.
The only good thing is that it does highlight the uneven playing field for all 4 northern clubs.

If a team that plays finals year after year and has a lot of good young players and everyone says they have a great culture and they offer a market rate to a high quality player from WA but that player is thinking really hard about going to Victoria b/c it is the home of football and they get a pick in the 11-18 range in return if he leaves, what does that say?

Nothing good for us.

Last edited:
Even with a bit of implied pressure we just hack it forward.
Don’t know whether it’s a lack of continuity with the midfield to organise, handball around and give it to a guy who can steady and hit a leading target?

I reckon that you’ve hit the nail on the head. That, class and experience. Our blokes have also dropped off running through to add support.

Hanley has been one of our worst recruits. How can we get any run out of defence with his hospital balls and turnovers.

With our season so cooked, I'm surprised ballard hasn't seen any midfield time, I wonder if dew sees him as a permanent defender, and thinks he will improve more full back.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

It does come off the side a bit, it's a skill he has but doesn't always hit. Weller's pass to ainsworth was just as nice.

Why did Bowes play on Sicily? I dont watch many other games but has he been turning it on? I thought that's a job lemmens could have done, or risch maybe. However Bowes did a great job.

I disagree on Caleb Graham, I thought he was particularly bad, on the wrong side of his opponent, defensively was 10m behind a dinosaur at times and I know they had a lot of i50s but I can only go off what I seen.

Rischitelli has done a great job mentoring in the neafl this year, I wonder if harbrow is one that could do that next year.

I like our team much better with 3 talls, j think our 3rd tall is going to get such an advantage in size we need to use that to our advantage, it also saves ben king a bit of extra attention.

Chiselled it.
I’ve been a bit suspect on Ainsworth kicking - seems to come off the outside of the shoe a bit. Missed his first shot right. Almost always that side when he’s off.

That pass was beautiful though.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back