Preview Round 23 – Melbourne Demons vs GWS Giants, Sunday 26th August 2018, MCG, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about it... they’re not sending him to Melbourne to not play.... that would be worst case scenario. He’ll be playing.
He's not necessarily going to Melbourne.

No surprises in the 26 just need to wait till the 22 is named but the big question is if Williams comes in or is given another game in the reserves
Kelly a straight swap for Griffen and then the others under pressure from Reid and Williams would be Daniels and Bonar IMO

Disappointing no Williams but I concede 6 months is a long time out of the game. Reid in is interesting as I thought he was on the edge of selection but seems to be mr reliable as he plays all over the ground (bit like tominson who leon really likes).

Personally im concerned we have a lot of players not in poor form, but in indifferent form going into this match. Really like to see the forward line click and cause those melb defenders some headaches. They are an attacking and high scoring team so if we lose the midfield battle we will prbably lose the game as they will capitalise on I50's better that us.

Even so, im pumped...it should be a final like atmosphere. A lot of melb supporters will be up and about

Final team

Melbourne v GIANTS
Sunday, August 26 at 3:20pm
MCG
FB: Jeremy Finlayson, Phil Davis, Adam Tomlinson
HB: Adam Kennedy, Nick Haynes, Harry Perryman
C: Lachie Whitfield, Callan Ward, Jacob Hopper
HF: Sam Reid, Jeremy Cameron, Aiden Bonar
FF: Zac Langdon, Harry Himmelberg, Josh Kelly
RR: Rory Lobb, Stephen Coniglio, Dylan Shiel
Interchange: Daniel Lloyd, Lachlan Keeffe, Matt Buntine, Tim Taranto
In: Josh Kelly, Sam Reid
Out: Ryan Griffen (hamstring), Brent Daniels (omitted)
Emergencies: Brent Daniels, Isaac Cumming, Dylan Buckley, Zac Williams

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Buddy has done that to plenty of experienced defenders. TOJ is not a key back, just because he is tall doesn't mean he can play on the comps best big fwds.

He isn’t a defender of any kind.

There were 12 games before Buddy towelled him up to exhibit that. Very good kick though

Disappointing no Williams but I concede 6 months is a long time out of the game. Reid in is interesting as I thought he was on the edge of selection but seems to be mr reliable as he plays all over the ground (bit like tominson who leon really likes).

Personally im concerned we have a lot of players not in poor form, but in indifferent form going into this match. Really like to see the forward line click and cause those melb defenders some headaches. They are an attacking and high scoring team so if we lose the midfield battle we will prbably lose the game as they will capitalise on I50's better that us.

Even so, im pumped...it should be a final like atmosphere. A lot of melb supporters will be up and about

I think Cameron needs to show some form in this game, he has had an ok year and not looking at stats but it feels to me he has had less impact against the top teams
And then Greene coming back in for the first final is important and for him to be involved

I think Cameron needs to show some form in this game, he has had an ok year and not looking at stats but it feels to me he has had less impact against the top teams
And then Greene coming back in for the first final is important and for him to be involved

He was 3rd in the Coleman till his incident.
Would say thats better than ok.

He was 3rd in the Coleman till his incident.
Would say thats better than ok.

Maybe I am judging him unfairly because of the suspension and toe injury effecting his output and also the Swans loss but he needs to learn how to get on top of an opponent in that situation and he has the talent just needs to deliver on the big stage so hopefully Sunday he can kick a bag

Maybe I am judging him unfairly because of the suspension and toe injury effecting his output and also the Swans loss but he needs to learn how to get on top of an opponent in that situation and he has the talent just needs to deliver on the big stage so hopefully Sunday he can kick a bag
If Fremantle beat Collingwood, our game is a shoot out for the top4, so a lot to play for. We will rise to the occasion and beat Melbourne if that is the scenario we face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo had a crack but no good.

tonight could end up a draw - lets hope so,

if that happened, we would need to win by 34 to get 4th spot - stranger things have happened :p

Do you guys think you will win? Not knowing enough about your players I do think you're the better team. The only thing that worries me is how well you play at the MCG. This game will probably be the difference between me keeping first spot or dropping to 2nd in tipping

Well, that's the $64 million dollar question, isn't it? (as well as your tipping comp win!)
I think we will, with Josh Kelly back this week. But, yes, that damned away record is a query (although we've actually been OK on the road this year).
Haha maybe ill just stick with my gut. I had it on melbourne before teams were announced and said to myself that if there are any big ins for GWS then I would tip them. Unlucky Williams didn't make the final squad but good luck guys!

Haha maybe ill just stick with my gut. I had it on melbourne before teams were announced and said to myself that if there are any big ins for GWS then I would tip them. Unlucky Williams didn't make the final squad but good luck guys!
My wife says never change your tip.

But then, she changed from Swans to Hawks haha! ;)

Do you guys think you will win? Not knowing enough about your players I do think you're the better team. The only thing that worries me is how well you play at the MCG. This game will probably be the difference between me keeping first spot or dropping to 2nd in tipping

We are hoping to and we are good enough to.

As for playing at the MCG we have only done it once this year and won.

Beating both Adelaide teams at Adelaide Oval with a host of stars out Is a pretty good away record for the giants :)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good luck today guys. I’m hoping you win so we have two finals in Sydney to watch in week 1.
In the case we do play each other, would we host you guys at ANZ or SCG ? I’m happy to play it at Spotless lol. Where 9-2 away and 5-6 at home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back