AFL Toast Round 23: 15 point win over Fremantle - WE'RE IN THE FINALS

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I wrong? Will we do well playing like today? I believe that's all I said.

I'm hoping we can get back to our best, or close to. We will need to to be even competitive against Sydney

What was with the soggy biscuit comment then? Are others not allowed to be happy we made finals?

Just cos you might be right about something doesn't mean you're not a dick.

Let people enjoy things.

Special thank you to Hocking for those 2 handy goals in his probable last game.

Most likely right but i thought he was better than both Laverde and Begley today. Not saying he was great but he was more organized and his second efforts where better.

Most likely right but i thought he was better than both Laverde and Begley today. Not saying he was great but he was more organized and his second efforts where better.
Laverde yes. But not Begley, every time Fridge touched the ball something positive happened. Already one of the best kicks in the side.

What was with the soggy biscuit comment then? Are others not allowed to be happy we made finals?

Just cos you might be right about something doesn't mean you're not a dick.

Let people enjoy things.

That's fine. But people were told before that to stop being negative, when all they were doing is trying to have a realistic discussion.

Maybe the wrong thread, or wrong forum to do that

We were never challenged in reality

Twice when they got within eight points, especially the last quarter. 32 points up and opposition kicks the first four...that's a challenge.

Gees it was stressful though. Talking about sphincters, mine was so tight I was in danger of swallowing myself up and becoming a singularity.

Anyway rapt to win it, such a relief and it was only 29 mins on the clock when siren went.

Zach immense, Stewart stood up, Heppell and Baguley tried their arses off. TBC you big beautiful bastard.

We need the week off, all the pressure will be on the Swans. Been up for awhile. Remember we should have had these blokes last time....and we were without Hooker and Parish.

Can't wait, but I'm going to sit back and enjoy the next two weeks of finals discussion with us being part of it.

He clubs been through so much s**t for years now. Draft penalties, lost finals, seasons, coaches, staff and players. It's pretty remarkable we have made finals at the first real opportunity and im very proud of the players and the Club for making the best of a very bad situation.

Hopefully we play a cracker series - even if its just the one game and send Jobe and others off with a great effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN:
Hooker, Hurls, Fantasia

Team:

B: Baguely Hurley McKenna
HB: Kelly Hartley Ambrose

C: Zaka Heppell McGrath
Foll: Bchambers Watson ZMerrett

HF: Colyer Daniher Fantasia
F: Tippa Hooker Stewart

B: Goddard Myers Parish Gleeson

Laverde yes. But not Begley, every time Fridge touched the ball something positive happened. Already one of the best kicks in the side.

They where pretty even. Fridge is certainly the future and there was a lot to like but today Hocking kicked 1 more goal, had an extra goal assist and was the best of the forwards when it came to defending the rebound. The down side to Hocking was the 4 turnovers although two where rushed kicks forward and one was a handball under pressure at a center clearance.
I am not saying he is a lock, in fact I suspect it was his last game for us but personally right now IMO I think he would offer just a little more.

Do we have the thickest supporter base going around? Comp is so even any team can win, and upsets have occurred every single week, and we qualify for finals, but our guys sook because we didn't win pretty enough???

**** off
If you want to accept mediocrity such as today's performance and then deride anyone that points it out, then be my guest.

We haven't been too impressive the past few games and it worries me going into a finals series. We've conceded high scores in most games since the Saints game (bar blues and suns) and that isn't great.

But after finishing last in 2016 and having players return, it is a great effort to make the finals this year so I'm very happy with that. We won through some impressive performances from Merrett, Bellchambers, Goddard, Baguley, Watson and Stewart.

Essendon might be better off not resigning the 10 players and instead going for youth because it will take them years to rebuild
David King on Fox Footy at the start of 2016

Yep, try one year and we are back in the finals.

Suck on that AFL media, suck on that AFL.

Its easy to be concerned but we missed Hurley down back and Hooker, Fanta and Green upforward.

We need to remember that we always seem to struggle to put away lower level sides and yet play far better against the top sides, the encouraging thing was that we did steady when challenged.

If you want to accept mediocrity such as today's performance and then deride anyone that points it out, then be my guest.
We won and we're in the finals. We've also had a winning season and our percentage is >100%.

We weren't mediocre today and we're not a mediocre team.

From dead last to finals in one year. Super stuff, boys. Not ashamed to say I shed a tear at the ground.

Also;

Apologies for the lacklustre GD threads over the past two weeks, have been a little all over the place.

But now we're in the finals. The thread in two weeks time will be a big one.

We won and we're in the finals. We've also had a winning season and our percentage is >100%.

We weren't mediocre today and we're not a mediocre team.

We aren't medicocre, but that was a mediocre performance today

How much exactly do west coast need to win by to overtake us on %?

I think around 55-60 points?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back