AFL Toast Round 23: 15 point win over Fremantle - WE'RE IN THE FINALS

Remove this Banner Ad

From last to finals. How good at the start of the year and all of last year when everyone was just "happy" to be playing again. Shut the **** up all you negative campaigners

I think plenty of people, myself included, expected our team to contend for the 7th and 8th spots this year. So yeah, if your expectation was just to be better than last year, you'd be very happy.

I think plenty of people, myself included, expected our team to contend for the 7th and 8th spots this year. So yeah, if your expectation was just to be better than last year, you'd be very happy.
I thought we could play finals for sure. The media had as finishing from 6 to about 14. It's massive for us to be playing finals. As a Sydney based bombers fan I'm stocked. I'll be going off at the scg in 2 weeks time

Still buggered if I know why any of you stuck with the club after what the management did to you. I'm sure I'd have cracked it. But credit to you for sticking through it. The loyalty is a credit to you.
We don't go to the games to watch the management! Looks like your boys might have done a number on Melbourne's finals chances hey :p

Still buggered if I know why any of you stuck with the club after what the management did to you. I'm sure I'd have cracked it. But credit to you for sticking through it. The loyalty is a credit to you.

I think many Essendon fans were pretty pissed off with the club for the way it has been managed, many are backing the players whilst the club is still in the naughty corner.

Understood the comment. But who else would you support?

I thought we could play finals for sure. The media had as finishing from 6 to about 14. It's massive for us to be playing finals. As a Sydney based bombers fan I'm stocked. I'll be going off at the scg in 2 weeks time

No certainties that you'll be going to watch the Bombers, Eagles only two unanswered goals from taking 7th spot off us.

I think many Essendon fans were pretty pissed off with the club for the way it has been managed, many are backing the players whilst the club is still in the naughty corner.
Oh yeah for sure. Certainly I'm I'm the camp for backing the players 100%. Still, I'd have found it hard to forgive the club. Notwithstanding, congrats. Sticking fat must rarely feel as good.

Understood the comment. But who else would you support?
I shudder to think what my conclusion to that question would be had it been me in your situation. But I take your point. Good luck in the finals. Much as it's my sworn duty as a collingwood supporter to be anti Essendon, I can see the positive story out of this. And anyone but Sydney or gws, really...

Oh yeah for sure. Certainly I'm I'm the camp for backing the players 100%. Still, I'd have found it hard to forgive the club. Notwithstanding, congrats. Sticking fat must rarely feel as good.

A Hawks mate tried to get me to switch to the Hawks, he temped me with talk of premierships and having greats like Hodges but when it came to the crunch I had to weight up loving Baker's wonderful 360 goal or loving Dermie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude fellas but with my team out of the finals, just thought I would let you know you guys and the Tigers have my support. Have been defending your club over the supplements scandal, and I think it would be an absolutely amazing up yours moment to the AFL if you managed to win the whole thing. Good luck fellas!

Still buggered if I know why any of you stuck with the club after what the management did to you. I'm sure I'd have cracked it.
You can't comprehend supporters not giving up on the club? Really?

The club is bigger than any individual and if it were Collingwood that were in our position, your supporters would have stuck by the club in the exact same manner.

Twice when they got within eight points, especially the last quarter. 32 points up and opposition kicks the first four...that's a challenge.

Gees it was stressful though. Talking about sphincters, mine was so tight I was in danger of swallowing myself up and becoming a singularity.

Anyway rapt to win it, such a relief and it was only 29 mins on the clock when siren went.

Zach immense, Stewart stood up, Heppell and Baguley tried their arses off. TBC you big beautiful bastard.

We need the week off, all the pressure will be on the Swans. Been up for awhile. Remember we should have had these blokes last time....and we were without Hooker and Parish.

Can't wait, but I'm going to sit back and enjoy the next two weeks of finals discussion with us being part of it.
a singularity :D ******* classic, awesome post

GO DONS!!!!

Can hear it raining on the roof of Etihad...
Made it to game, cold as hell, heard the rain from up the back, great day, never felt a thing once the siren went, we made it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back