Preview Round 23, 2016: Hawthorn v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect us to win semi-comfortably showing * all.

Out: Burton & Ceggles :(
In: Schoenmakers & Langford

I don't think it matters now though. I can't see us getting into form before its needed.

I expect us to win semi-comfortably showing **** all.

Out: Burton & Ceggles :(
In: Schoenmakers & Langford

I don't think it matters now though. I can't see us getting into form before its needed.

You reckon we go with just one ruckman?

I think burton drops. The heat of a tough game is too much this year. Needs more development.

Brand is under pressure but won't drop until Strats returns.

Stratts and shoey couldn't come back any sooner

Just need to find form against Collingwood and some how win that away final

Fitzpatrick comes in for Ceglar. Kicked 7 goals in the last 3 weeks as well as doing some ruck work. You never know, might be better as a forward than Ceglar. Shame about Ceglar though, even by chance he does his medial, he won't play again this season. He's alot better than McEvoy at being an actual ruckman too so whilst he's a fair loss, Fitzpatrick is like for like.

Schoenmakers needs to come in when he's ready. Next week, finals? We'll see.

There's absolutely no chance of Pittonet getting a game next week or in the finals. He's played 2 games in his career and is very inexperienced.

Fitzpatrick has kicked 7 goals in the last 3 games in the VFL and would give us a decent key target deep inside 50 that's badly needed right now whilst pinch hitting in the ruck.

I reckon they will roll the dice with Schoenmakers next week if he gets through today's VFL game. We've badly missed him as a forward target inside 50.

Ben Stratton is more likely to play in week one of the finals.

IN: Fitzpatrick, Schoenmakers, Langford

OUT: Ceglar (Injured), Hartung (Omitted), Burton (Omitted)

B: Burgoyne, Frawley, Gibson

HB: Birchall, Brand, Hodge

C: Hill, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Gunston, Schoenmakers, Rioli

F: Breust, Fitzpatrick, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, Lewis, Shiels

INT: Whitecross, Langford, Sicily, Duryea

There's absolutely no chance of Pittonet getting a game next week or in the finals. He's played 2 games in his career and is very inexperienced.

Fitzpatrick has kicked 7 goals in the last 3 games in the VFL and would give us a decent key target deep inside 50 that's badly needed right now whilst pinch hitting in the ruck.

I reckon they will roll the dice with Schoenmakers next week if he gets through today's VFL game. We've badly missed him as a forward target inside 50.

Ben Stratton is more likely to play in week one of the finals.

IN: Fitzpatrick, Schoenmakers, Langford

OUT: Ceglar (Injured), Hartung (Omitted), Burton (Omitted)

B: Burgoyne, Frawley, Gibson

HB: Birchall, Brand, Hodge

C: Hill, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Gunston, Schoenmakers, Rioli

F: Breust, Fitzpatrick, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, Lewis, Shiels

INT: Whitecross, Langford, Sicily, Duryea

Why drop Hartung? He played well at MCG.

dee153770e47377aeacc123a7f64fc3b.jpg

Unlesh the Cobbler!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know why people are calling to drop Hartung, there were plenty worse than him last night including Brad Hill.
Hartung was actually getting the ball and tackling much better than Hill. The difference is that Hartung wants to tackle whereas Hill doesn't. I've been a big fan of Hill but if I were choosing between both of them, then Hartung is my pick.

Outs: Burton (will be best 22 next year), Ceglar (this bloke has the worst luck) and Hartung (can't afford a bloke who doesn't use his biggest asset when the heat is on- Hill lucky that he has more runs in the board otherwise he'd be gone)

Ins: Langford, Fitzpatrick and Schoey

Sicily played better in the second half and should've finished with 3 goals. Given our lacklustre forward line don't see how we can afford to leave him out at the moment.

Brand did okay last night despite some errors. We need another genuine talk defender against Shitney, Adelaide, GWS and Geelong so even if Stratton returns, Brand should stay.

We need some guys who can clunk a mark or two and Schoey will help take some of the attention away from Gunston.

Win and hope Adelaide or Shitney slip up.

Don't know why people are calling to drop Hartung, there were plenty worse than him last night including Brad Hill.
Hartung was actually getting the ball and tackling much better than Hill. The difference is that Hartung wants to tackle whereas Hill doesn't. I've been a big fan of Hill but if I were choosing between both of them, then Hartung is my pick.
I must have watched a different game, because all I saw Hartung do was skirt around contests and refuse to get himself dirty

I saw him on several occasions run into space, only to squib the contest and allow an eagle to take it away with ease

I must have watched a different game, because all I saw Hartung do was skirt around contests and refuse to get himself dirty

I saw him on several occasions run into space, only to squib the contest and allow an eagle to take it away with ease
One thing I saw that I was impressed with was when Nic Nat was running at him with the ball and Hartung didn't even second guess and just went to tackle him. Brad Hill would never have done that.
Hill was doing the same thing and that's what that type of player does, the difference though is that when Hartung has to go he does more often than not compared to Hill.
One thing that has really annoyed me of late is Hill being quick enough to get to a bloke to tackle him, but instead of running in and tackling with his whole body he just sticks a lazy arm out to make it look like he tried...its actually become pathetic.

If it's a worst case scenario and Cegs has done his ACL, is there any chance of putting him on the LTI list and upgrading Alex Woodward???
I know it seems a bit crazy for a guy who's only played two games and is coming off three knee recos, but he's hardly missed a beat in the VFL and might be able to take on some of the grunt work in the centre (we were getting destroyed in the middle last night).
At the very least he'll be able to provide another option for selection.

If Schoenmakers is fit to play then he can play fwd/ruck. Has done surprisingly well in the ruck in the past. Follows up well after the tap, tackles well and can kick a flat bullet inside 50.

To be totally honest after watching last night I was not against giving fitz a crack. He isnt a good set shot however his forward play for a ruckman is above average.. and for a pure tall target to take a mark or provide a contest he is the best on the list at present. Even if last night he could neutralize McGovern in the air

Fitz has played in 22 games of AFL football. Hes our man for this situation

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back