Sunday 28th August
St. Kilda v Brisbane Lions at Etihad Stadium
Hawthorn v Collingwood at the MCG
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs at Domain Stadium

Tipping
https://sites.google.com/site/bfjumpertipping/2016/round-23

West Coast will wear royal :( just really dislike navy vs royal
Carlton will wear navy :( just really dislike black vs navy
Given North will have to wear white shorts if they wear the white jumper I'd go with they'll wear royal

Everything else is pretty straight-forward and has the hitthepost tick of approval :p

Given North will have to wear white shorts if they wear the white jumper I'd go with they'll wear royal

Everything else is pretty straight-forward and has the hitthepost tick of approval :p
Interested re: why you dislike Navy v Royal ?
I'd love a poll because IMO it doesn't clash at all, even if they are both technically blue (especially given how close to black most sides' navy /other dark colours are these days)
Agree with your opinion on black v navy - Adelaide should've been in yellow again last week!!

Interested re: why you dislike Navy v Royal ?
I'd love a poll because IMO it doesn't clash at all, even if they are both technically blue (especially given how close to black most sides' navy /other dark colours are these days)
Agree with your opinion on black v navy - Adelaide should've been in yellow again last week!!
I just don't think there's enough contrast, especially in lower-light situations. The worst was watching live at AAMI in the 2012 NAB Cup Final, play on the far pocket from where I was sitting was no hope of knowing who was who. Never liked it. Even when I've watched the game with minimal issues I just think if we're working on the best image for those watching and we're putting umpires in colours that stand out from everything (all they need is reflector strips) then why are we still putting teams in similar colours out there. It's like there's 2 groups of people out there - the umps, and the scrum of players, when really there's 3 groups. "Who is winning?" "The blue team"

Friday 26th August
Adelaide Crows v West Coast Eagles at Adelaide Oval

Saturday 27th August
Geelong Cats v Melbourne at Simonds Stadium
Essendon v Carlton at the MCG
Sydney Swans v Richmond at the SCG
Gold Coast Suns v Port Adelaide at Metricon Stadium
North Melbourne v GWS Giants at Etihad Stadium

Sunday 28th August
St. Kilda v Brisbane Lions at Etihad Stadium
Hawthorn v Collingwood at the MCG
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs at Domain Stadium

Tipping
https://sites.google.com/site/bfjumpertipping/2016/round-23
Collingwood Will Turn Hawthorn inside this week

I just don't think there's enough contrast, especially in lower-light situations. The worst was watching live at AAMI in the 2012 NAB Cup Final, play on the far pocket from where I was sitting was no hope of knowing who was who. Never liked it. Even when I've watched the game with minimal issues I just think if we're working on the best image for those watching and we're putting umpires in colours that stand out from everything (all they need is reflector strips) then why are we still putting teams in similar colours out there. It's like there's 2 groups of people out there - the umps, and the scrum of players, when really there's 3 groups. "Who is winning?" "The blue team"
I personally don't mind the dogs royal against say carlton or melbourne. But West Coast's royal with gold wings against adelaide with navy and gold hoops and numbers is a bit too similar for my liking. the blue wings clash more than hawthorn's jumper in regards to Adelaide that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the time the umpires wore blue as well was the worst, wait is that happening again this week?

I think the time the umpires wore blue as well was the worst, wait is that happening again this week?
That's such a different shade of blue to any blue a team wears that it was a non-issue. Better contrast than umpires in green and Richmond in clash, or Hawthorn in home.

That's such a different shade of blue to any blue a team wears that it was a non-issue. Better contrast than umpires in green and Richmond in clash, or Hawthorn in home.

It was pretty dreadful in the blues v eagles game earlier in the year, especially due to the time of the day it started.

It was pretty dreadful in the blues v eagles game earlier in the year, especially due to the time of the day it started.
Not much clash here at all:
hqdefault.jpg

or even here:
mckenzie-walker.jpg

Never had an issue with royal v Navy. Contrast is fine

Carlton white shorts v Collingwood black shorts is the kind of clash that needs to be eliminated - not royal v navy.

If West Coast couldn't wear royal v Navy or Black we'd be in white clash almost every away game :eek:

Agree Navy v Black (or even Dark Purple) should not happen

hqdefault.jpg

or even here:
mckenzie-walker.jpg

Carlton white shorts v Collingwood black shorts is the kind of clash that needs to be eliminated - not royal v navy.

If West Coast couldn't wear royal v Navy or Black we'd be in white clash almost every away game :eek:

Completely agree
I'd add Brown (and Charcoal obviously) to the *Dark* group too

hqdefault.jpg

or even here:
mckenzie-walker.jpg

Any wide angle shot with the shadow covering half the ground, it was very hard to tree tell who was who.

Any wide angle shot with the shadow covering half the ground, it was very hard to tree tell who was who.
It suffers from a similar problem to this; whenever Souths and Manly play in the NRL, even though red and green against maroon shouldn't clash up close, when there is fast moving action, the colours blend and it's especially pronounced from distance.

s**t that the Bulldogs will wear their horrific clash in Pav's last game, and none others this year.
And yet they still wear the old, perfect clash for their VFL side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back