Discussion Round 23, 2016 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess they can't since the others are retiring too. Badly handled all round.
Are they actually retiring or just been told they're not at North next season.

Be funny if GWS picked them up and won a flag next season!

s**t that the Bulldogs will wear their horrific clash in Pav's last game, and none others this year.
After many complaints about our wretched clash Guernsey, we haven't worn it all year and I thought 'great, it's been buried!' But alas it may be out this week. I hope not, our royal blue with white shorts would be fine.

After many complaints about our wretched clash Guernsey, we haven't worn it all year and I thought 'great, it's been buried!' But alas it may be out this week. I hope not, our royal blue with white shorts would be fine.
Purple is probably the only colour that clashes with royal blue. West Coast don't get to wear Royal v Freo either.

If the match worn ones have been auctioned off, are they going to be wearing retails with sublimated numbers?

I'm think they still have one set of PI's available. Story I've heard is that they were looking into wearing them for the actual match, but not having any backups meant they couldn't meet the AFL guidelines for the blood rule, so they decided to do warm-up only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've got to work out a better clash than this. Too much yellow on each jumper makes it confusing.
It's not that it's too much yellow, it's that it's the same amount of yellow, and from the back mostly in the same place. From the long shots it's just 2 teams in blue with a bit of yellow. From the close shots it's not so bad but from the wide shits it's poor look.

And only a page ago I was decrying the navy vs royal matchup and getting told it was no issue :p
It's a nostalgia issue, people think it looks right because it's what they grew up with. Same thing with the white collar and cuffs for the Saints, the black looks better and creates an overall stronger and more consistent look as they match the shorts but people still call for the white cuffs. Also see Carlton Monogram issue, the modern monogram is a clearly superior look but they've gone back.

It's a nostalgia issue, people think it looks right because it's what they grew up with. Same thing with the white collar and cuffs for the Saints, the black looks better and creates an overall stronger and more consistent look as they match the shorts but people still call for the white cuffs. Also see Carlton Monogram issue, the modern monogram is a clearly superior look but they've gone back.
I disagree with both of those examples.
From what I can gather you're in the minority on both and probably shouldn't go passing your opinions off as fact :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back