Game Day Round 23, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am normally over confident each week but nervous about today. Probably still haunted from last game last year (great to have Cam though).
I have been watching Berry very closely last few weeks. He is running on empty but his will and desire is very impressive. When the game is on the line his competitive instincts kick in and he steps up two levels. A no moon boot preseason will see bez leading our midfield next season.

Traditional wisdom is that in the wet the game will be closer but I don't think we are a wet weather footy team at all! We are a fast team without great marking key forwards. Though this is negated slightly with outs from WC, we have shortened in the betting this morning, due to reasons above I am less confident!

WC can lose and still finish 2nd I think, but would have to be a pretty close margin. I am sure someone will crunch the numbers.

Just started raining in New Farm, which means it's definitely raining at the Gabba.

Maybe if the rain takes the skills out we can beat them on guts?

If we were to win 100 to 99 their percentage would go down to 119.46%

It would need to be an extremely low scoring game for us to win and their percentage to remain higher than Collingwood, if we won 20 to 19 their percentage remains at 120.436 just above Collingwoods at 120.423.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take my energy Lions. Nothing worse than having to sit through two GF losses in a row to the same team - you owe us one.
tenor.gif

So pumped for today's game. Even with the rain, it should be a great game. It will be my first attempt at using brisbane public transport. Can anyone give me a tip on where I need to be in order to catch a bus to Roma st station. I'm pretty sure it is the 61. I've had a bit of a look at the translink site, but not 100% sure, with the stop closures today.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

This game will, like every game bar 2 at the Gabba pan out the same way.

We will go down by 4 or 5 goals, then once the pressure and expectation of winning is gone we will start playing.. then we will rope in the lead and invariably lose by a smallish margin.

And it will be chalked up as an honorable loss. Wet weather doesent help us either, we are skittish enough as it is, slippery conditions only end up magnifying this.

Loved this season, huge improvement all round, looking forward to a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back