Autopsy Round 23, 2018: Hawks defeat swans! Top 4 ******s!

Umps looked like they had bet on the game !!!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Seriously, this feels like the type of game where 6 months from now it's going to be thrust back into the spotlight when there's front page news about the AFP making arrests in relation to match fixing in this game. Something feels way off with this one. Just far too unusual and one-sided to be explained away as just not getting the rub of the green.

Just so glad we won as this one would have bugged me for ages had we lost.

Apr 29, 2007
Clyde North
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
boxing, cricket
No words at all.

C02932D9-5222-4975-BF70-F610DD78DE72.png
How

Aug 16, 2009
Behind you
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pies equalled Richmond's rise from last year (13th to 3rd), so Buckley will probably get coach of the year this time around.
I sincerely hope he does. There is something about the Clarkson aura that says ‘team success before individual accolade’ and I would take it as very fitting tribute if the man steered the club to 5 or 6 premierships but was never acknowledged with coach of the year.

Lord Mud of Glenferrie

Club Legend
Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 13, 2008
Tied to an oxygen tube
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canetoads Bulls Gunners Packers
On last nights umpiring, after having had the chance to sleep on it and watch some replays of the game I must say it is still the absolute worst, most biased umpiring performance I've seen in recent memory. Seriously needs to be some sort of review undertaken because that was beyond an 'off night'. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there was some underworld match fixing at play there.

There will be a review but it will just be the usual that happens every week
How did the Umpires position themselves
Bounces and throw ups
Maybe a question mark on the rule that Meadows highlighted re a behind to Hawthorn instead of shortrse paying the mark
Were the umpires quick enough in rotating ground positions
Their stamina and fitness

Just the usual crap.

burnside5

All Australian
May 23, 2010
Shoreham
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All goals are automatically reviewed. Hence the delay before the ball was bounced. There was not enough on the video replay to overturn the goal umpires decision.

I respectfully submit your honour that there was indeed enough evidence on the reply that Hardwick did touch the ball and then if a fair review, the goal should not have been allowed.

Just my opinion; but just on Hardwick's emotion / outrage that it was not just acting but he, as I do, as perhaps some others on this board reckon, that he indeed touched it.

It looked like to me on the video that it pushed his fingers back, perhaps slightly, albeit he touched the ball and should have been thus deemed a point.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like Razor was very keen to sprint back to the middle without any real concern to see if the ball was touched and to hear from upstairs...

Who were the reviewers of the supposed goal?

Was it Longmire and Gill?

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Jesus you lot love a good sook.

Things could not be better for us right now given expectations 6 months ago. A full list, a great record at the G, a good mix of triple premiership players and youngsters who have had the perfect preparation the past month, Clarko....

Yet this thread is full of complaints. About the 7 coverage, about everyone getting more attention than us, about the umpiring.... Chin up folks, focus on the positives, there are heaps!
Agree with everything except the umpire cheating, I want to slice throats!

May 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Congratulations on the sensational win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats for the match. If you haven't seen one of these posts before, this is an overall summary of how often players were lining up as one of your 5 mids at bounces.

There were 26 bounces

Mitchell 23 (1w)
Shiels 23 (3w)
Burgoyne 15
Smith 15 wing
Henderson 11 wing
Morrison 10 wing
O'Meara 10
Worpel 9 (7i, 2w)
Gunston 7 wing
Breust 4
Nash 2 wing
Puopolo 1 wing

Rucks:
McEvoy 23
Roughead 3

Seeing it was a close game here is who you were trusting to get the job done in the final term (8 bounces):

Shiels 8
Mitchell 7
Smith 6 wing
Burgoyne 5
Gunston 4 wing
Henderson 3 wing
Morrison 3 wing
Breust 2
Worpel 1
O'Meara 1

Notes:
3rd consecutive week that Worpel has started at the opening bounce

Just watched the 2nd half again. Immense efforts by Gunston, Impey, BB, Poppy, Morrison and Henderson. Stood up when the pressure intensified.

Henderson played an underrated game. I still can't believe there are some posters questioning his spot in the best 22. He's a lock.

Cyril says

All Australian
Jun 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Henderson played an underrated game. I still can't believe there are some posters questioning his spot in the best 22. He's a lock.

Agree he is a lock. Awesome player and has improved his kicking.

Best afield was Impey. Just watched the replay and his game was awesome.

Jeez we played well as a team. Had em for 3 quarters. Unlucky to not win by 5-6 goals.

Very happy to be playing a QF in 2 weeks. GO HAWKS.

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seriously, this feels like the type of game where 6 months from now it's going to be thrust back into the spotlight when there's front page news about the AFP making arrests in relation to match fixing in this game. Something feels way off with this one. Just far too unusual and one-sided to be explained away as just not getting the rub of the green.

Haha the AFP, they're on the AFL payroll too

Gut Runner

All Australian
Jun 22, 2009
Outer Space
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The hooked left foot pass to Burgoyne on the outer wing was hit so perfectly that Burgers dropped the chest mark. Completely reliable off both feet. Has stood up since Sicily has been missing.

Except when he turned it over kicking a grubber at half back in the last qtr giving Sydney a shot at goal. His last 4 weeks have been very good though.

George Zip

Senior List
Jun 4, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just listening to the MMM replay after watching the game last night and so called special comments by Troy Luff are absolutely laughable. What a One eyed biased campaigner! I am really enjoying it. Knowing that his first half comments will come to bite him in the arse!!
How did you get your hands on the replay?

Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some seriously baffling decisions. Poppy diving to keep the ball in play in our forward pocket (trying to knock it to Schoey I think) only for it to slide of his hand out of bounds being paid as deliberate was embarrassing. Still can’t work out how Heeney got a free kick for their 1st goal! Holding the ball against Miles even though he hardly touched it let alone took possession when he dived for that ball. Why the Hardwick touched ball for Papley’s goal wasn’t referred upstairs was borderline cheating. Sinclair and Smith both holding each other, “but I only saw you holding Izzy”! I could go on forever. All the more sweeter for winning.

Back