Preview Round 23, 2018: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Etihad Stadium, Sunday 26th August, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 39.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday selection, Sunday game - extended bench named = melt city.

Interchange from - Weller, Gilbert, Amitage, Wright, Minchington, Newnes (pity Longer and Hickey aren't available to round out the discussion.)

There's players worth eyeing off in every team. Had a glance at your board the other week, names like Billings (at comically cheap prices) and Gresham came up. Maybe there was more, didn't read with that much depth.
There's posters on every board's trade thread eyeing off players in every team. If Billings was mentioned and for comically cheap prices, it probably has to do with his comically bad form this year. (It's mirrored that of his mate, Luke McDonald.) Gresham, on the other hand, would cost a bit and you mob wouldn't want to let one of your few bright lights go, especially if he's under contract, yes?

But I digress. Now not only is "norf" a tired old epithet, and clearly you haven't reflected with that much depth, but if you're going to throw stones about not being an attractive destination, you might want to clean the windows of your linen glasshouse. Not sure what you'd be selling right now to prospective players. Last time I looked, by the way, we weren't the only club to not attract Josh Kelly, though I believe we may yet make amends on that one. ;)

In the meantime, I hope we lift for Waitey, a retiring free agent who acknowledges what a great choice it was to come to North Melbourne FC, where he played his best and most consistent football.

Good luck on the weekend.

In the meantime, I hope we lift for Waitey, a retiring free agent who acknowledges what a great choice it was to come to North Melbourne FC, where he played his best and most consistent football.

Well of course it was a great choice to come to North Melbourne....look where he was coming from ;)

There's posters on every board's trade thread eyeing off players in every team. If Billings was mentioned and for comically cheap prices, it probably has to do with his comically bad form this year. (It's mirrored that of his mate, Luke McDonald.) Gresham, on the other hand, would cost a bit and you mob wouldn't want to let one of your few bright lights go, especially if he's under contract, yes?

But I digress. Now not only is "norf" a tired old epithet, and clearly you haven't reflected with that much depth, but if you're going to throw stones about not being an attractive destination, you might want to clean the windows of your linen glasshouse. Not sure what you'd be selling right now to prospective players. Last time I looked, by the way, we weren't the only club to not attract Josh Kelly, though I believe we may yet make amends on that one. ;)

Speaking of destination, word about town is Arden Street is goneski.
Massive development is going to swallow everything up including “norf’s” home.
I hope your recruiting staff are being open & honest with prospective new targets.
When does the tin rattle start ?

We don't win Sunday we must keep the win record under 5 to be a chance for a PP we go over & it's no chance, just enjoy the game knowing we won't win for that reason ,we will apply for a PP when we don't win .

There's posters on every board's trade thread eyeing off players in every team. If Billings was mentioned and for comically cheap prices, it probably has to do with his comically bad form this year.

21.85 disposals per game, 0.65 goals per game, 4.25 inside 50s per game, 1.05 goal assists per game.

I want every player on our list to have comically bad form like Jack Billings.

21.85 disposals per game, 0.65 goals per game, 4.25 inside 50s per game, 1.05 goal assists per game.

I want every player on our list to have comically bad form like Jack Billings.
It was artistic hyperbole Punter. ;) The eye test, particularly in relation to past years, told a different story, no?

We don't win Sunday we must keep the win record under 5 to be a chance for a PP we go over & it's no chance, just enjoy the game knowing we won't win for that reason ,we will apply for a PP when we don't win .
The hell with that, we go for the win and let the cards fall where they may.

No Battle again has been 4 or 5 weeks since that head knock and still cant train at a decent level

No Battle again has been 4 or 5 weeks since that head knock and still cant train at a decent level
Put the lad in cotton wool and look after him , nice long break and hopefully he will be good to go next year

Alan Richardson has named four inclusions in the Saints’ extended squad of 26 ahead of Sunday afternoon’s clash with North Melbourne.

A late withdrawal last week after an interrupted preparation, key defender Jake Carlisle has been named in the extended squad and looks likely to come back into the side.

Meanwhile, Nathan Freeman won’t play any level of football this weekend after he copped a head knock early in the final term for Sandringham last Saturday.

Luke Dunstan, Hunter Clark and Mav Weller have also been named on the extended bench ahead of the Round 23 fixture, with the final team announcement to come at 5pm tomorrow.

B:

Jarryn Geary

Logan Austin

Bailey Rice

HB:

Daniel McKenzie

Jake Carlisle

Jimmy Webster

C:

Jack Newnes

Jack Steele

Jack Sinclair

HF:

Jack Lonie

Tim Membrey

Jack Billings

F:

Jade Gresham

Rowan Marshall

Ben Long

Foll:

Lewis Pierce

Jack Steven

Sebastian Ross

I/C:

Luke Dunstan

Blake Acres

Hunter Clark

Sam Gilbert

David Armitage

Hugh Goddard

Maverick Weller

Ben Paton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So either Gilbo’s getting a farewell game OR he’s not.
Surely he can’t be on the list again next year.
Meantime...Mav.

Good: Goddard getting another go
Clark
Jakey back
Doubt Goddard will play. My guess would be Carlisle in for him.

This is the extended bench so it should be 4 of these that get don't play:
  • Luke Dunstan
  • Blake Acres
  • Hunter Clark
  • Sam Gilbert
  • David Armitage
  • Hugh Goddard
  • Maverick Weller
  • Ben Paton

Doubt Goddard will play. My guess would be Carlisle in for him.

This is the extended bench so it should be 4 of these that get don't play:
  • Luke Dunstan
  • Blake Acres
  • Hunter Clark
  • Sam Gilbert
  • David Armitage
  • Hugh Goddard
  • Maverick Weller
  • Ben Paton

Selection panel has an eye on the giraffe,

Status
Not open for further replies.