Preview Round 23, 2018: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Etihad Stadium, Sunday 26th August, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 39.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best way to curb Brown is to cut off his supply, and don't give him space to lead. Our onballers need to win the stoppages and if I see any more loose balls get turned over into the centre corridor, I reckon I will go totally bananas. I hope Mr Coach enjoys his last game in that role.

Happy bday Hughie! By the way, you're dumped mate.
Disgrace to do that to him after one (yes I know he wasnt great) game.
Surely you give him at least 2 games to have a crack. Seems to me this spells him leaving us, will no doubt go somewhere and be a good best 22 player somewhere while we play N Brown all year next year and go no where.

Surely you give him at least 2 games to have a crack. Seems to me this spells him leaving us, will no doubt go somewhere and be a good best 22 player somewhere while we play N Brown all year next year and go no where.
Did you watch last weeks game?
There is enormous doubt he will ever be a capable AFL PLAYER.

Yep not good,
And all the sh1t we have given Melbourne over the years about their development, the saints are no better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a disgrace that Gilbert is playing over him
How is that a disgrace? Possibly Gilberts last game for the club. Has been a servant over many years and given everything for us. Hugh will probably be delisted this year. It is a meaningless game. The club has seen what it needed from Hugh in the VFL all season. One game will not change their minds.

Seriously the bagging of Gilbert is over the top at times. He has had his clear deficiencies but at his best around 09 he was just about the best half back in the league. 200 AFL games for St Kilda in which he's been asked to do just about every single job under the sun, including helping to drag us back into the drawn grand final. You'd think we could be a little more respectful as supporters as he nears the twilight.

Oh and if we are talking about picking a side to win the game, I can tell you who I'd rather out of him and Hugh. Gilbo, every day of the week (including Sunday).

Last edited:
Giving him more than one game might have cleared up that doubt a little
It's when your pick 1 in a draft that you are given more opportunity than any other player on the list..
For a coach with a reputation to develop young players, how do you explain why 90% of our list have gone backwards in their ability/confidence!!

So based on the selections and mandatory outlandish melt interpretations its clear that

Goddard is be delisted (expected really - dud 1 game in two years)
Dunstan gone (traded to Adelaide probably)
Clark (on the outer - Sydney bound in Hannebery trade)
Weller(gone best hope Pick 89 GCS)
Armo (to be re-signed on a longer contract)
Gilbo (See Armo above!!)

Can honestly say in the 40+ years of being a Saints supporter I have never thought this once.
Shameful.
Aren't you so honorable.

Winning tomorrow makes absolutely no sense. The season has been an absolute disaster, why not want to at least increase our chances of getting something good out of it.

I'm such a disgraceful supporter.

Aren't you so honorable.

Winning tomorrow makes absolutely no sense. The season has been an absolute disaster, why not want to at least increase our chances of getting something good out of it.

I'm such a disgraceful supporter.
'supporter'

Everything about modern sports is so wrong. What is the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back