Autopsy Round 23, 2018: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I will front up again....Saints to the core. 50+ years. We need our supporters more than ever. I understand the fragility of our supporters, but we need to stand by the club. Certainly not agree with them, but just stick with our team. Through thick and thin. Hard times for sure. I don't want our club to go under.
Great stuff there Verdun66...…….hang in there.

I'm with you...…..completely understand supporter despair...….but we need everyone to stick fat.

If after the current changes...…….and if we can see more changes in the coming months.....and we can clearly see that the right decisions have been made.....that hopefully will give everyone some hope which we desperately need.

I thought your side was pretty good for a large part of the game yesterday.

A quality big bloke up forward and some work on the inside 50's and you'll be a final's contender.

BTW, Jack Stevens is officially my favorite non North player. He's a ripper.
Jack Steven

Like most Sainters I was happy to hear the final sireen! (The most positive thing about the day apart from pre game drinks) while walking to the gates I saw a few guys clapping the side off, and just shook my head. One of them said, “that was a great effort, we didn’t get smashed” Now THAT sentence sums up exactly why we’re in the position we’re in as a club.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fans are sad now but watch the excitement creep up when we get to the draft and trade days . If we get a couple beauty’s we will be screaming for the footy to start up again .

Go Saints

Like most Sainters I was happy to hear the final sireen! (The most positive thing about the day
emoji849.png
apart from pre game drinks
emoji481.png
emoji481.png
emoji481.png
) while walking to the gates I saw a few guys clapping the side off, and just shook my head. One of them said, “that was a great effort, we didn’t get smashed”
emoji849.png
Now THAT sentence sums up exactly why we’re in the position we’re in as a club.
JiggsteR45......with a couple of minutes to go....I sat there thinking.. I hope no one(and there was literally no one left around us) claps these guys off.....no one did.

Deep down I was fuming.......how many times this season have we had to hear the oppo's club song and their supporters going crazy as we've had yet another defeat?

As expected...….heaps of Saints fans didn't bother attending yesterday....and who could really blame them.

All of our group could have had a row to our selves behind us.....lay down and have a snooze.

The snooze part was very tempting!

Fans are sad now but watch the excitement creep up when we get to the draft and trade days . If we get a couple beauty’s we will be screaming for the footy to start up again .
Spot on there BT...….the cycle of hope will re ignite again.

But the rather large "elephant in the room" is "Mr meat and potatoes"

Any exciting thoughts are quickly hosed down with the thought of him coaching again.

It's like walking into the Valley of Death!

And some second half from Rowan Marshall.
He will be hopefully a beauty going forward IMO.

That long goal was a ripper.

He can take at times a clean one grab mark.

He is certainly one guy to keep our eyes on next season.

I've tempered my expectations just a little as I thought the same with Dunstan and Acres.

JiggsteR45......with a couple of minutes to go....I sat there thinking.. I hope no one(and there was literally no one left around us) claps these guys off.....no one did.

Deep down I was fuming.......how many times this season have we had to hear the oppo's club song and their supporters going crazy as we've had yet another defeat?

As expected...….heaps of Saints fans didn't bother attending yesterday....and who could really blame them.

All of our group could have had a row to our selves behind us.....lay down and have a snooze.

The snooze part was very tempting!

How do you know the pick would have an immediate impact? How many actually do? Chances are pretty small really.

At the moment we’ve got one of the youngest lists around. They need experience around them. Didn’t we just discover that this season?

I think it’ll be a disaster to trade away our best player and go even younger. We need Jack around so the others can develop more. Do you think Gresh would develop if he was now the primary target to be tagged?

Don’t forget we picked up two young players in Clark and Coff last season who will get a lot more games under their belts.

That’s in addition to newbies like Paton, Philips, Marshall, Battle, Long etc who have all shown something.

We’ve got loads of young talent, just got to develop them properly.... with senior bodies like Stuv around them.

Yep I have Melbourne mates and it was pretty much that situation that gave them a decade of pain. Shipped off Cam Bruce and Brad Greene types and made kids captain the club. It broke them for a long time. We could be in for a long period of pain if things don't turn around fast. Gresham and Billings probably go next year if we show nothing and then the club really starts to look in trouble. We lost attendance this year to a point where it would have cost us to put on games. We will haemorrhage until they send us to Tassie if we can't get back on track.

Yep I have Melbourne mates and it was pretty much that situation that gave them a decade of pain. Shipped off Cam Bruce and Brad Greene types and made kids captain the club. It broke them for a long time. We could be in for a long period of pain if things don't turn around fast. Gresham and Billings probably go next year if we show nothing and then the club really starts to look in trouble. We lost attendance this year to a point where it would have cost us to put on games. We will haemorrhage until they send us to Tassie if we can't get back on track.

On the basis of the attendance yesterday and last week V Hawthorn, I fear that you could be spot on mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Saints
There will certainly be excitement if any permutation of our trading agenda involves giving up pick 4 for busted arse old Hannebery. The very worst move the club could make.

We'll guys that's it. Now a nervous wait to see if the club can form enough of a team and create a plan strong enough to not fall off a cliff, or whether we continue with our downward trajectory and go into free fall. At this stage we sit in between what will be...and it should be interesting and perversely entertaining. I look forward to checking in here & there, but for me I'll be largely checking out...Hope all of you stay fit, healthy, and happy. Stay good guys...catch 'ya's for the odd melt in between now & round 1 next year. Cheers.
I think for once there is too much talent to get worst but obviously not enough to be finals contenders.

Draft the best midfielders we can and craft a game plan to suit the cattle. No quick fixes.

I think for once there is too much talent to get worst but obviously not enough to be finals contenders.

Draft the best midfielders we can and craft a game plan to suit the cattle. No quick fixes.
Really ?? Too much talent??
I think it can get a hell of a lot worse.

We are a young list and other than Steven and a few others our senior players arent making much impact. It's fair to assume the young players will get better.
My worry is that the current trend will continue, ie: Everyone young becomes an average GOP because our development is so poor.

This is what needs to be fixed above all else

Ben long will take mark of the year one day nearly took 3 monsters yesterday, also newnes can fick off just refuses to chase and pressure send him off to essenbong

I think if Richo stays you will have a fair idea who will be trade bait and who won't. Those that have done the continual Saints-Sandy roundabout are clearly not on his favourites list. Those that have kept their position despite indifferent form will be safe.

So in the gun that makes the likes of - Dunstan, Lonie, White, Goddard, Freeman, Longer, Hickey, Wright, Minchington

In the good books remains Newnes, Newnes, Newnes, Newnes, Savage, Weller, McCartin, Sinclair.... oh, did I say Newnes.

We have to re-sign him dont we? Isn't he out of contract?

upload_2018-8-27_12-15-6.png

Steele should be added to the leadership group next year.

Outstanding back half of the season for him. 35 touches today, he was immense.

Will be our best mid by this time next year IMO.

He was our best mid by half-time in round 22!

I love his newfound composure with the ball in hand. Looks like, he has come to terms with the kicking action that works best for him and squares up nicely for the disposal each time.

I think if Richo stays you will have a fair idea who will be trade bait and who won't. Those that have done the continual Saints-Sandy roundabout are clearly not on his favourites list. Those that have kept their position despite indifferent form will be safe.

So in the gun that makes the likes of - Dunstan, Lonie, White, Goddard, Freeman, Longer, Hickey, Wright, Minchington

In the good books remains Newnes, Newnes, Newnes, Newnes, Savage, Weller, McCartin, Sinclair.... oh, did I say Newnes.
We have a new list guy so I suppose the will review. Mccartin, goddard and one of longer/hickey (maybe if we get WA ruckman) will keep. Newnes you would think gets another go given previous seasons. Lonie/sinclair/dunstan maybe keep who can play midfield. Freeman/savage who knows wouldn't be surprised either way. Minchington/weller/white/Wright gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back