Discussion Round 23, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
I love our indegenous jumper, but if you asked me what is the absolute worst jumper in terms of clash to wear against the blues this would come up every time.

The front doesn't work with home, the back doesn't work with clash jumper.

Unless carlton have a yellow clash jumper they want to show off this wekeend this is going to be very bad.
Looks like it's time for the nato and calo leaked jumper!

Timewaster

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty pointless anyway, given that Farmer never wore the jumper they're honouring him with. The retro jumper would have been a better way to go with Carlton in clash

Pretty pointless anyway, given that Farmer never wore the jumper they're honouring him with. The retro jumper would have been a better way to go with Carlton in clash

The jumper actually has the #5 featured twice, on the collar and on the GPS pouch, which Quinton Narkle (the designer) added to honour Polly
Lastly, we have put the number 5 on the back of the Guernsey in a glow in the dark material in respect of Graham ‘Polly’ Farmer and what he has done for not only the Geelong football club but also Indigenous players.”

In my opinion it's a fantastic way to honour the legacy Farmer has left with both the Cats and the wider football community

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:

Timewaster

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
The jumper actually has the #5 featured twice, on the collar and on the GPS pouch, which Quinton Narkle (the designer) added to honour Polly

View attachment 731725

In my opinion it's a fantastic way to honour the legacy Farmer has left with both the Cats and the wider football community
Oh, I didn't realise it had elements specific to Farmer. Of course they should wear it in that case.

Thanks for the constructive reply

Timewaster

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
It's pointless to wear their Indigenous guernsey to honour an Indigenous legend?
Depends on whether it has any relation or reference to him. It turns out it does, so it's far from pointless.

If it had been something Djillong specific like last year it would have had no connection to a Noongar man.

There's a lot of diversity amongst First Nations, which is often lost in reductive, empty gestures

Last edited:

CollarJazzKnee

All Australian
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Blues surely in all navy

Attachments

• 56D10F2C-570A-48E5-B72B-36F9B0217C86.png
    56D10F2C-570A-48E5-B72B-36F9B0217C86.png
    1 MB · Views: 142
Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
So based on the white back, Geelong are wearing white shorts

Because they're normal jumper doesn't have a mostly white back?

Kudos to both Geelong and the AFL IF - and that's a big fat IF - they've finally realised that Geelong should've stayed in white shorts all along, but after 23 rounds is a bit of a joke.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Depends on whether it has any relation or reference to him. It turns out it does, so it's far from pointless.
[/QUOTE]
It's a jumper honouring their Indigenous players, of which he is one. Works for me. Bonus that he was specifically featured on this specific jumper but I'd be fine for the Crows to wear this year's Indigenous jumper in the same scenario, and that one doesn't specifically reference anyone.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Here’s another unpopular opinion, which I’m pretty happy to settle on after thinking about it a bit today.

It’s not gonna be that bad of a clash if the Cats are in all white and the Blues in all navy. The front-on shots will be no worse than a Tigers/Dons from the mid-00s and then back-view shots will be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back