Discussion Round 23, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Here’s another unpopular opinion, which I’m pretty happy to settle on after thinking about it a bit today.

It’s not gonna be that bad of a clash if the Cats are in all white and the Blues in all navy. The front-on shots will be no worse than a Tigers/Dons from the mid-00s and then back-view shots will be fine.
The only difference is there are about three times the amount of players around the ball that there was in the mid-2000s.

Here’s another unpopular opinion, which I’m pretty happy to settle on after thinking about it a bit today.

It’s not gonna be that bad of a clash if the Cats are in all white and the Blues in all navy. The front-on shots will be no worse than a Tigers/Dons from the mid-00s and then back-view shots will be fine.
Maybe. Just maybe.

It'll certainly be messy at times.

As Gibbsy said earlier, it will be absolutely fine from the back, and not ideal, but still passable (just) for the front. There's enough light blue on the front of our jumper for it to work

Going by our Match Day Guide, we'll be wearing white shorts, which I'm guessing may have been a compromise with the AFL. The white shorts actually look better with the jumper than navy, although a special run of light blue shorts would have been perfect.

Home socks though, but I'm of the position that socks have little impact on the uniform as a whole, unless every player wears them up to their knees

If there is to be such a thing as a clash policy in this professional competition, this combination should not be acceptable.

Neither should this, which happens far more often and is arguably worse

Image result for carlton collingwood 2019

Not quite AFL, though they're playing a curtain raiser to the Pies v Bombers game between their NGA teams and just thought Collingwood's NGA kit was interesting...

181221_nga620a.png

20181128161333a_1024x576.jpg

Numbers would be a pain to read from afar!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody wants to see Essendon in a red clash jumper against Collingwood. I'd rather see Collingwood in the white clash and black shorts a la 1990 Grand Final.

Can you confirm your response? If you say you want to see the red jumper then not every Victorian doesn't want it 😂
Lets just say I know what it's like for the good folks of North Korea when election time rolls around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back