Game Day Round 23, 2019 - Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a good night for us.

Even if we get towelled by an obscene margin (not outside the realms, but unlikely since we're too prolific), we'll still finish third, which is about 10 places higher than many would have predicted at the start of the season.

No matter the result today, I am so proud of our team for what they have managed to pull off this season.

I believe the club culture is set for the next 5 years, the effort is there and the players will only gel and improve in coming years.

An exciting period ahead no matter the result of this game or how we go in finals.

I am expecting a Richmond win, but this team continues to surprise me week to week.

GO LIONS!!!!!

I re-watched the first half of the Bombers game in R4 a couple nights ago. So many moments I was able to look at and tell how things would've gone differently if it were the current team on that field. We can't go back in time, but we can learn from our mistakes. We're 9-0 since the bye and have used those lessons to come out on top against
  • Giants on their home deck before they got mauled with injuries
  • Port in the wet on their home deck after they'd just demolished the Crows in a showdown
  • North who were reinvigorated and had won 5/7 coming in
  • Hawks in TAS after they'd just beaten the Cats
  • Dogs who have been on a rampage since the bye
  • Cats whose defence was supposed to stop Charlie altogether
I don't wanna hear about not getting enough games at the G to get comfortable. Away games are never comfortable. We've shown since the bye we can travel to almost any state and beat a team on their home deck. This one will be no different. They're a good side, but we're better.

Lions by 4 goals.

With a loss it puts 3 out of the 4 as Victorian teams. Makes it all the more tougher to win the flag when lower ranked sides like Collingwood won’t have to leave the MCG in all likelihood.

I can already tell one of collingwood or Richmond will get the dream run in finals playing at the G every game even tho they aren’t top 2 sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a loss it puts 3 out of the 4 as Victorian teams. Makes it all the more tougher to win the flag when lower ranked sides like Collingwood won’t have to leave the MCG in all likelihood.

I can already tell one of collingwood or Richmond will get the dream run in finals playing at the G every game even tho they aren’t top 2 sides
Not if Brisbane win their first final. Especially if they beat Richmond today then Pies in the first final.

Come on Lions, let's show everyone the G doesn't hold any fears over us any longer. Stay focused and don't be intimidated, We got this.

This game is now dead rubber for us in a sense. Huge factor. Either means sting goes out of it or we play with freedom, I hope for the latter, we are dangerous when we do.

Eagles were overstated the whole time, 16th in contested possesion does not win GF'S.. only pity is I personally would have preferred them at the Gabba week 1, which can still happen if we win.

Very excited today, relaxed day now as I can't see us losing by 97 points . Go lions!

Going have to keep busy today, otherwise it's going to be tortue waiting.
Lions to win the game of the week, and Charlie to finish top 4 in the Coleman with another 5.
Win or lose we are not getting smashed, no way.
Have a ball all you lot going to the game .
I wanna hear this on the Telly more than anything and make that ground OURS
Liiiiiiiionssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Brisbane clap clap clap .

In Ballarat atm, this whole weekend has been planned around getting home in time for the game. The town is abuzz with the Bulldogs game here at Mars stadium today. All motels booked out, was lucky to get a room.

As long as we play with a business as usual attitude and don't get overawed by the MCG etc I see no problem. Job done.

The Lion rules over Tigers in the jungle, no different here.:brisbane:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back