Game Day Round 23, 2019 - Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really 'happy' or 'content' with that, but we've come second.

Mission accomplished - we've had a terrific season and outperformed most people's expectations of us by around 10 places.

They got jumped early by intensity. They know the level required now. We won the game after the first 15 mins once they adjusted to the intensity and speed. We will learn adjust and win next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tigers will be different when they travel to the Gabba in fortnight without all their free kicks due to the crowd. Haha Tigers leaving the MCG for the first time in almost two months.

Lol.: bris 22 frees to 18... umpires had no influence.

Cameron schooled by grimes and you guys did well on Lynch who was also quiet.

Thought Soldo owned Martin.

Two Gabba home finals.

Mission accomplished.

Every game has been a lesson this year. Fagan won't let that happen again. Richmond blew their load early and we never went out of second gear. Premiership is ours.

Hard

Schooled? More like held onto. Agree though umps had no influence on the result. Tiges too good.

Patrick Dangerfield suffered an injury late into the third quarter though :( Thoughts and prayers this evening.

I really like Cedric Cox but he was exposed today, so too were many others that got found out with s bit of pressure; Bailey, Witherden, Gardiner and McStay.

I was really proud with Rayner today; just never stopped competing.

I though tactic was pretty good. His first game in 18 months. And a game at that speed and intensity he’s never experienced before. He was terrific all things considered.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an awesome learning experience. You look at our travel the past 9 weeks compared to theirs and no wonder we were gassed.

What we'll take from that game is invaluable.

Hell yeah Nunez.

Richmond fired all their shots. We didn't. Two home GABBA finals.

So much learning to do for the boys we could be classed as a school. So much development to come. No shame in being beaten by the footy Richmond put forward.

People talk about some players being protected species....how about a protected TEAM...I've never seen so many blatant HTBs never get called, and our forwards barely getting on screen the entire match as being held off the ball and held in every contest you can imagine. All rarely called against Richmond though! We lead in plenty of stats yet still got beaten even with absolutely ferocious tackling intensity (but almost never got a HTB call go our way). Oh well, they're playing us first week of finals at the Gabba. We're going to destroy them.

Hell yeah Nunez.

Richmond fired all their shots. We didn't. Two home GABBA finals.

So much learning to do for the boys we could be classed as a school. So much development to come. No shame in being beaten by the footy Richmond put forward.

Watch us win week one of finals. I can feel it.

Not as upset as I thought I would be. We messed the bed a bit in the first quarter and who knows how much of an effect that had.
Be a different story at the Gabba.

martinson, post: 62518392, member: 161308"]
Oh so we need to come from 17th and win a GF do we ?

Give our guys a break .

We've hung in well today
[/QUOTE]

My point is that playing at home in front of a receptive crowd is easy. But that's not where the GF is going to be played. Composure needs to be better. I am very happy with what we've achieved this year but if we can't nail them when it matters then always coming second doesn't mean s**t.

Long bomb forward of center was not working at MCG for us. Add that to fast rebound of Richmond, we were struggling from the get go.

It could work better in the dewy Gabba night where teams struggle to control the ball - rebounding via handle balls would be much more challenging. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back