Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am challenging him on his view because I personally don't see how in any way it benefits the club he says he loves.

If you think there's attempts made to silence him then you'd agree there's also attempts to silence those that want to defend the club.
I've never seen you punish anyone for repeatedly defending the club.

Had a look through the past draft periods and I would have to say 2012 was our worst year

National 2 24 Nathan Wright
National 2 25 Spencer White
National 2 40 Brodie Murdoch
National 2 43 Josh Saunders
National 4 75 Lewis Pierce
National 5 90 Sam Dunell

whoever selected this lot should never of been at the club
Which in isolation looks horrendous but when put in context of the draft makes a little more sense. That draft is probably the worst in the past decade. By a clear way in addition the only good players were really taken in the top 10 or were father sons agree the guys we took wer t great but ya not like many other players around those picks have done anything substantial except for coincidently Tim Membrey and dean Kent. There are some decent enough players sprinkled around but really not many in addition the picks we traded didn’t have any decent players taken at those spots I think were 12/13 Jachksh and Corr the really miss which no one though would occur was missing Grundy

Which in isolation looks horrendous but when put in context of the draft makes a little more sense. That draft is probably the worst in the past decade. By a clear way in addition the only good players were really taken in the top 10 or were father sons agree the guys we took wer t great but ya not like many other players around those picks have done anything substantial except for coincidently Tim Membrey and dean Kent. There are some decent enough players sprinkled around but really not many in addition the picks we traded didn’t have any decent players taken at those spots I think were 12/13 Jachksh and Corr the really miss which no one though would occur was missing Grundy
I just went back and looked at everyone taken after our first pick and it's atrocious. Makes me feel slightly better about our 2012 draft since most choices from that stage on was bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok but I think you are completely wrong. Kids need success these days that's for sure but unlike your thinking it will happen and kids just swap clubs. If it was as bad as you say why did it take until this year for memberships to drop. Of course most don't think like you otherwise we would only have old members.

Give it a couple more years. We are on the cusp of a collapse in membership. We need a complete rebuild 8 years into an existing rebuild.

Statistically it is actually very hard to miss finals 10+ years in a row. It takes a special kind of ineptness and that is the exact scenario we face. Not a chance we play finals the next 2 years. NONE!

I thInk we compete for wooden spoon next year against Gold Coast. Look at the team's below us this year and make a genuine argue we are better then any of them.

The exodus of members over the next few years will be savage AF.

Had a look through the past draft periods and I would have to say 2012 was our worst year

National 2 24 Nathan Wright
National 2 25 Spencer White
National 2 40 Brodie Murdoch
National 2 43 Josh Saunders
National 4 75 Lewis Pierce
National 5 90 Sam Dunell

whoever selected this lot should never of been at the club
I just went back and looked at everyone taken after our first pick and it's atrocious. Makes me feel slightly better about our 2012 draft since most choices from that stage on was bad.

Jeez I have had enough with the potting of what we did in 2012.
We had picks 12 & 13. Those picks were Jacksh and Lonergan who were both duds. Of the 60 players drafted after pick 11 who were actually available to us, the following are AFL players:
18 - Grundy
28 - O'Brien
29 - Clurey
31 - McIntosh
41 - Wood
46 - Membery
48 - Kent
53 - Gleeson
81 - Atkins

2012 was just a garbage draft year. We also had no young talent on our list, and needed quantity. Turning 2 picks into 6 was the right move at the time. The number of games played by Lee, Hickey, Wright, White, Saunders and Murdoch proved that.

The revisionist history garbage is just an excuse to take cheap shots at the club. It also conveniently ignores the fact that
we have ended up with 2 of the 9 AFL quality players that were actually available at 12 & 13 anyway (for the combined cost of SFA).

Grundy is the only player of any note in the entire draft that we 'missed', and there is a reason he slipped to 18. Little s**t made some interesting comments in his interviews. After that, it would have been irresponsible for a number of clubs to go ahead and draft him. The fact he is a gun doesn't change the fact that a top 3 talent was overlooked by almost every club in the AFL for very real reasons. We do not have the resources of a club like Collingwood, so drafting the DeGoeys and Grundy's of the world is much riskier for us. Its like saying Dane Swan would have won a brownlow for St.Kilda if we drafted him. World simply doesn't work that way.

Overall we didn't draft badly in 2012, it was just a s**t draft year. And by getting Membery we have offset any 'stuff ups' we made anyway. I will cop the criticism of 2014. McKenzie @22 was a rogue pick, and should have been M.Crouch or T.Miller. But 2012 was an outlier and has no place in sensible drafting discussions

Last edited:
Give it a couple more years. We are on the cusp of a collapse in membership. We need a complete rebuild 8 years into an existing rebuild.

Statistically it is actually very hard to miss finals 10+ years in a row. It takes a special kind of ineptness and that is the exact scenario we face. Not a chance we play finals the next 2 years. NONE!

I thInk we compete for wooden spoon next year against Gold Coast. Look at the team's below us this year and make a genuine argue we are better then any of them.

Who needs a membership when you're not fighting anyone for a seat?

This post actually sounds like you want to be right. If I felt the way you do I’d at least finish it with hope I’m wrong. And I think you are completely wrong

This post actually sounds like you want to be right. If I felt the way you do I’d at least finish it with hope I’m wrong. And I think you are completely wrong
HomeAway
YearAttendanceAttendance

Why shouldn't it drop?

Home attendance: 279415​

2nd quarter ok, the rest was quite average. I wish they would get rid of this pride shite and just play the game. I'm sick of companies and now footy clubs losing focus over social issues which many footy fans don't give a stuff about. Time to focus on winning, and nothing else.

Every game should be a pride game, the pride of winning in red, white, and black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back