Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintbill

Premiership Player
Apr 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Didn't watch the game, but saw the scoreline. Another car crash season goes by. The 9 wins are extremely misleading. Look at out percentage we are horrendous. I am just such a negative nancy these days. I come from a 4th generation of Saints supporters, my grandparents queued overnight to get tickets to the 66 GF. I love the club, but I am pretty much done. It is much more than the infield results.

It is mind boggling to me Finnis appears to be under no pressure. You couldn't make this many mistakes if you were actively trying. This miserable club should be renamed the Desporadoes or the Leftovers for blokes like Hanners, Lethlean and Carlisle to take whatever they please. Have a chat to opposition supporters, we are a laughing stock.

This year I allowed both of my kids to go for Geelong their mum's team and I didn't renew my membership for the first time in 20 years. I know many Saints fans in the same boat. Thanks for the rainbow game you are a joke.

I dont anticipate renewing next year eithet. Matt Finnis, this is the consquences of you're reign of mediocrity. GAGF you incompetent bum.

I will always be stuck going for this rabble of a club, but i am so fed up. We are in deep trouble, who in their right mind would want to play for this club unless it is for an overinflated salary. We are screwed.

Didn't watch the game, but saw the scoreline. Another car crash season goes by. The 9 wins are extremely misleading. Look at out percentage we are horrendous. I am just such a negative nancy these days. I come from a 4th generation of Saints supporters, my grandparents queued overnight to get tickets to the 66 GF. I love the club, but I am pretty much done. It is much more than the infield results.

It is mind boggling to me Finnis appears to be under no pressure. You couldn't make this many mistakes if you were actively trying. This miserable club should be renamed the Desporadoes or the Leftovers for blokes like Hanners, Lethlean and Carlisle to take whatever they please. Have a chat to opposition supporters, we are a laughing stock.

This year I allowed both of my kids to go for Geelong their mum's team and I didn't renew my membership for the first time in 20 years. I know many Saints fans in the same boat. Thanks for the rainbow game you are a joke.

I dont anticipate renewing next year eithet. Matt Finnis, this is the consquences of you're reign of mediocrity. GAGF you incompetent bum.

I will always be stuck going for this rabble of a club, but i am so fed up. We are in deep trouble, who in their right mind would want to play for this club unless it is for an overinflated salary. We are screwed.
Sadly we have many that think like this and i understand completely

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda

Looks like Finnis is finished , we have sacked everyone else so let's sack him.

.....a number of results this year would be markedly different with straight goal kicking.

The frustration is that that’s EXACTLY what we said last year.
And, most likely, the year before. Why doesn’t it improve?
( Don’t get me started on Mr Media, Ben Dixon.)

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
If it makes the Saints better and a shot at a premiership I don’t give a fu**

That's the spirit!
We're bottom 4 after 8 years without finals- there should be no sacred cows at this point.

I'm not advocating a fire sale- but simply saying our minds cannot be closed to any possible avenues at this point.

Complete blue sky dreaming- nothing is in or out of contemplation.

Brad Hill will help. Hopefully we can find another mature age player somewhere that want's to come.

Trade pick 5. 18y/o's aren't going to help us. We need established players.

Then in 5 years we will still be s**t and the old guys will have retired. We have done well in the last 9 years.

Cocktease game for a cocktease season

Time for another finals series of jealously while we become the club with the longest finals drought and finals win drought if Essendon and Brisbane get up.

Trade period awaits.

With no picks because we spent them last year. Hooray. It's okay though we can trade out some required players to get back into the draft again.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Mentally weak.

Training and development.
I find myself in total agreement with your opinion about training and development, have thought the same for a long time.

We need people who can drive higher standards in the coaching team and in the players leadership group, makes players accountable when they turn in efforts like the last two weeks.

Whether it's last game of the season or first, you play for the jumper and if you disrespect it, you get out of the circle and earn your way back.

saintbill

Premiership Player
Apr 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Luckily we have many many more who don't think like that.

Actually no we dont. The suppoerters willing to put up with anything like yourself are all old. You are kidding yourself if you expect kids to go for a club with no stars and always finishes near the bottom.

Try your "things were worse in the 80's" logic on anybody less than 30 and they will look at you like you are an alien. Club is rooted.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I find myself in total agreement with your opinion about training and development, have thought the same for a long time.

We need people who can drive higher standards in the coaching team and in the players leadership group, makes players accountable when they turn in efforts like the last two weeks.

Whether it's last game of the season or first, you play for the jumper and if you disrespect it, you get out of the circle and earn your way back.

What if you think 10 players disrespected it? The players try they just aren't any good. You have to recruit skilled players. Its to late to learn skill at 18 if you have 10 years of being unskilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back