Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paraphrased it a bit, but part of it was our opposition kicked above their expected accuracy than if they were taking those exact same shots in other games. This includes large amounts of shots taken from angles and distances they weren't expected to kick it from and from spots on other games they didn't kick the goal from.

So this wasn't about them getting shots from easier spots but about them kicking more accurately from that same spot in games against us than in every other game this year.

I don't think we have any ability to psych teams out. They turn up full of confidence and know we will dick around a bit before bending over.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
We have the base of a very good side , but are still very young.
If we are able to get our couple of A grade players it changes the team dramatically and if it is Crouch and Hill we will be playing finals.

No use canning everything about the team because we played a shocker , quite a few of the players today didn't have there best games , they tagged Billings and was hardly seen , then add the non performers which is a long list and it is amazing we where even in it till half time.

Just natural improvement in our kids - Battle , Hunter Clark , Coffield , King , Bytel , Paton and having a full list of fit players will make a big difference and it wouldn't matter who is the coach.

The last 6 years we have hit the draft and kept our first round picks so it's time to use our first round pick to get a good player.
2018 - Max King -4
2017 - Hunter Clark-7 , Coffield-8
2016 - Long-25, Battle-36 , Marshall - rookie draft -10
2015 - Gresham-18
2014 - McCartin-1 , Goddard-21, McKenzie-22
2013 - Billings-3 , Dunstan-18 , Acres-19

Everyone chill out and look forward to the trade period , we have everything in place now to turn this club around.

I'm talking about the attempts to silence those who declare they are frustrated to the point of leaving.

That's what I read, and that's what I commented on.
I am challenging him on his view because I personally don't see how in any way it benefits the club he says he loves.

If you think there's attempts made to silence him then you'd agree there's also attempts to silence those that want to defend the club.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
If we are able to get our couple of A grade players it changes the team dramatically and if it is Crouch and Hill we will be playing finals.

No use canning everything about the team because we played a shocker , quite a few of the players today didn't have there best games , they tagged Billings and was hardly seen , then add the non performers which is a long list and it is amazing we where even in it till half time.

Just natural improvement in our kids - Battle , Hunter Clark , Coffield , King , Bytel , Paton and having a full list of fit players will make a big difference and it wouldn't matter who is the coach.

The last 6 years we have hit the draft and kept our first round picks so it's time to use our first round pick to get a good player.
2018 - Max King -4
2015 - Gresham-18

Everyone chill out and look forward to the trade period , we have everything in place now to turn this club around.
Except elite players. Until we get them we will struggle. Unfortunately we probably have to recruit elite because it seems trade wise they aren’t interested

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
ok so whats his role now ? A forward who cant kick more than 4 goals in a season ??? A mid who cant get the ball more than 16 times a game or a mixture of the two ? Look if he comes good for us next season i will be the first to say well done , i just hope he does.
I couldn’t tell you with any certainty, he’s just one of many who will need to lift if we’re to improve.

Tough times are character building.

Just think of how much character we'll all have by the end of all this!

That's what I've been telling myself for decades. I'm bitter, resigned and resentful. It could have at least built me an admirable character.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Except elite players. Until we get them we will struggle. Unfortunately we probably have to recruit elite because it seems trade wise they aren’t interested
Had a look through the past draft periods and I would have to say 2012 was our worst year

National 2 24 Nathan Wright
National 2 25 Spencer White
National 2 40 Brodie Murdoch
National 2 43 Josh Saunders
National 4 75 Lewis Pierce
National 5 90 Sam Dunell

whoever selected this lot should never of been at the club

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well obviously if the deal is complete madness you would trade roo at his best but logically we aren’t get a completely crazy deal

So my hypothetical of roma out for taranto straight swap and goldy in as FA isn't 'crazy' enough for you in terms of benefit to us?

Or is it too unlikely to happen do you think?

If it's the latter- Maybe it's unlikely- sure.... but it's not entirely impossible to imagine it being something gws would consider, given their ruck situation and mid stocks.
We could offer taranto 1.4mill a year long term- that could get him interested.
Goldy in as a FA is easy.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Had a look through the past draft periods and I would have to say 2012 was our worst year

National 5 90 Sam Dunell

2012 and 2014 are the bad ones. But 2011, 2013, 2015-now have all found us good, long-term players.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
So my hypothetical of roma out for taranto straight swap and goldy in as FA isn't 'crazy' enough for you in terms of benefit to us?

Or is it too unlikely to happen do you think?

If it's the latter- Maybe it's unlikely- sure.... but it's not entirely impossible to imagine it being something gws would consider, given their ruck situation and mid stocks.
We could offer taranto 1.4mill a year long term- that could get him interested.
Goldy in as a FA is easy.
No that’s genuinely crazy. Not in a good way

Bulls**t George you are in your own words 29 so don't claim 25 years as a paid up member.
I don't think you understand how a membership works :tearsofjoy:

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue

2018 - Max King -4
2015 - Gresham-18

I find that list a bit depressing rather than cheery... five players who consistently look AFL standard in six years after near a decade of drafting disasters is why we look as far away from a flag as ever.

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

National 5 90 Sam Dunell

I had such high hopes for colonel saunders and rupert murdoch based entirely on nickname potential.
Sigh.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
plugger66 has said ad nauseum ( and driven us all a little batty with it) that you could change coach, assistants, boot studder, pie warmer and banner makers and it wouldn’t matter....it’s the list that’s not up to it!

Frankly, I’m finally starting to agree with him.
The question is the list bad because we recruited poorly or we poorly developed the recruits. I reckon it's a 30/70 split respectively.

Obviously you are having a lend. So my daughter has never been a member. What a load of crap.
Let him be mate poor bugger has it in for me haha what a laugh

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
The question is the list bad because we recruited poorly or we poorly developed the recruits. I reckon it's a 30/70 split respectively.
I agree with the percentage except 180 degrees the other way. If it was your way why aren’t these players picked up by the clubs that rated them in their draft year after we delist them.

Got to be a combination, probably more weighted to development.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back