Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Snake26

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sometimes you just need to kiss your partner. Whether you've ever felt the need to do it or not is irrelevant. It's not about making a statement, but even if it was I think it doesn't matter.
For sure. That was just my personal opinion.
My point was what did he/she do about it? Stand up for the ppl copping abuse or report them. Or did he/she sit there and post their outrage on social media

Palantine

All Australian
Mar 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
We just have to fluke it in the draft, and fluke it with a new coach, then you never know. The harder we try the more we’ll fail the plan. Richo probably should have worked but we were going nowhere slowly. Should have taken Constable in the draft but we took Clavarino who looks mediocre at best. Any chance of luring Caldwell from the Giants? Last two games make me rethink my membership next year. Hey just a game but pretty disappointed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fun read - keep it up - more drinking and posting please!!!

Gee that No 10 for St Kilda goes OK - averaging 25 possessions a game - bargain @ pick 39
IMG_0813.GIF

Jun 16, 2008
here
AFL Club
St Kilda
Actually no we dont. The suppoerters willing to put up with anything like yourself are all old. You are kidding yourself if you expect kids to go for a club with no stars and always finishes near the bottom.

Try your "things were worse in the 80's" logic on anybody less than 30 and they will look at you like you are an alien. Club is rooted.
Years ago it was our culture to follow the under dog which is something I am still drawn to, but in todays world of look at me I want to be someone. We seem to want only follows likes and immediate return, therefore I believe you are spot on. Yes I am old....

For sure. That was just my personal opinion.
My point was what did he/she do about it? Stand up for the ppl copping abuse or report them. Or did he/she sit there and post their outrage on social media
Actually i spoke briefly to the two guys during the third quarter telling them to iognore the comments if they could and that we didnt all feel like those morons yelling at them did. No i didnt report them because i didnt have a mobile phone otherwise i would have. i was disappointed that others around me didnt report them when i could see they had phones but some people just dont want to get involved i guess.

How many times do you want to repeat yourself in one day? We get it mate you don't like Jake.. but hey don't let the fact he hasn't had a preseason and only came in half way thru the year

I posted it twice I think? Once in the game day thread & once in the trade thread. Both relevant I would have thought.

His attitude stank. He can not handle losing. It's not a "I need to bust arse to carry this team" type frustration either.

He sooks. When Parker took that mark in the last qtr Carlisle stood off the back of the pack & then threw his arms up wondering why nobody did anything. YOU ARE THE 200CM DEFENDER MATE!

He has value on the market. Cash it in now. He's not a Hodge type teacher to bring the next group through so he either sorts out his attitude & accepts that we might suck for the rest of his career or he moves on.

Saints fans complaining about the lack of fight from our team when the game meant nothing after a long season. What about how Eagles supporters must be feeling about now when their side had everything to play for to get a top 4 spot and they produced that rubbish at home against the Hawks tonight.

Jun 16, 2008
here
AFL Club
St Kilda
Very good. How many years? Interesting comparing a person who goes to games since she was 10 days old to a dog. Very interesting
Would dogs membership be prorated as a dog ages 7 years to our 1. that means the dog which is 10 years old has been a paid member for 70 years???

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 16, 2008
here
AFL Club
St Kilda
So you do know the history of abuse gay people have received at the footy dont you ? Walk in their shoes.
Did anyone care the abuse I copped sitting in the middle of the oppositions cheer squad in the 80's? Its should be about football, not life defining issues. These clowns we support are just footy player etc and nothing else. I watch footy to escape the crap in the real world...

Yet someone thinking they should let people know why they're not going to be a long-time member anymore is wrong?
They're just scared by it. People only get aggressive towards things they fear.

Theyre fearful of people dropping off and for valid reasons.

The club is horribly run and is going to come under increasing pressure from expansion.

This club just needs to get its s**t together.

For god's sake you two, can't you see that we're not doing it to be congratulated, we're doing it because we're sick of it, the mediocrity, the inconsistency, the lack of skills and now the lack of heart.

I don't give a tinkers toss how bad we were in the eighties, I started following in 96, so the Saints I know have mostly been decent on field excepting a couple of years and poor off field. Now it's the opposite!

I do know we keep expecting the work to turn and we get served up garbage like the last two weeks as a thank you.

Contrary to what we like to say, the club is not literally a part of our family and many if us have enough problems in our personal lives without having to be obliged to a football club as well.

Maybe we'll cancel our membership, maybe we're just venting and will eventually cool down but we're not doing it for likes or approval, we are venting. Allow us this and scroll down to opinions you agree with if you can't help but berate us.
This.

I apologise for any negativity today, just frustrated.

I'll probably get back on the horse if we have a promising off season.
Nothing to apologise for. Your a good saint.

Anyone who cares about this club would be frustrated and venting.

KingJim

Team Captain
Aug 31, 2011
Toowoomba
AFL Club
St Kilda
The pride game is old hat, anyway. When Moses played full back for the Siani, there was an annual pride game. Sodom versus Gommorah. It got canceled after the Kerry Packer of the time, being God, decided to deregister both clubs. Just to rub salt into the wounds, quite literally, he turned Lot's(Captain Coach of Sodom) wife into a pillar of salt! Grumpy bastard! Lucky he didn't smite anyone!
Yea Goliath got stoned and never had a game after that.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Until any player is good you can't really count them as a win though Premo.

Thomlison is only a GOP. He makes Kent look flash.
I do look at players from other teams and for a player in a top 4 team , being in there best 10 players , has to be able to play.
But also is
- the best gut runner in there team
- can play as a key defender
- can pinch hit in the ruck
- can play on a wing
- this current season is 11th in total marks in the AFL - which means he has taken more marks than any Saints player
- has not missed a game for close on to 3 years
- is a good kick
- Free agent and will not cost us anything trade
- 26yr old and 6ft 5 , mobile player - are not easy to come by
- would be in our best 22 / if we are still playing - Savage - Brown - Newnes - Savage - Acres - Long - Sinclair - Rowe - Lonie - Hind

Kevin Sheedy Medal 2018
How they vote: Leon Cameron and his assistants Brad Miller, Lenny Hayes and Mark McVeigh vote on the award. Up to four votes can be awarded to a player by each coach every round, meaning each player is able to receive a maximum of 16 votes per round.

Top 10
1. Lachie Whitfield 175
2. Callan Ward 164
3. Phil Davis 156
4. Stephen Coniglio 154
5. Nick Haynes 151
6. Dylan Shiel 130
7. Adam Tomlinson 117
8. Tim Taranto 114
9. Josh Kelly 111
=10. Jeremy Cameron 107
=10. Jacob Hopper 107