Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 100% on the money and well written and i couldn't agree more

I put a post up this morning after reading a few post from last night suggesting if anyone is threatening violence as an option on here it should be a life ban.
I now understand that the Mods can't do this only admin can, so hopefully the post have been past on to the admin. because the threat of violence cannot be an option on here ever.
I am happy to raise it with admin but I need proof.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
I am happy to raise it with admin but I need proof.
He posted (bragged)on this thread that he had called someone out to meet up and they were to chicken and p1ss week to agree

He posted (bragged)on this thread that he had called someone out to meet up and they were to chicken and p1ss week to agree
Embarrassing. I'd need the PM.

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
I think we are all after the same thing. But it's bizarre to me that members are dropping off and people here aren't concerned by it. It's the worst thing a supporter can do.

Yes, you have to dig in to see it through. Saints will survive and push on; it's an historic club, not just a franchise.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
I think we are all after the same thing. But it's bizarre to me that members are dropping off and people here aren't concerned by it. It's the worst thing a supporter can do.
As a Saints supporter I'm very concerned at our numbers but at the same time I understand why some are dropping off and this is why to me even dead rubbers like yesterdays game are so important to win and give us hope

Thing is this forum is an unfiltered microcosm of a larger supporter base.

People on here obviously converted passionate supporters. They've found somewhere very niche to talk further about the game. So if they're frustrated and at their witts end imagine how the impartial supporter feels!!!!

Supporters who spend money with the club allow people to be employed and earn money.

Our loyalty as a supporter base should be to our fellow supporter. Not any one individual at the club.

We should be forever in debt to anyone who spends money at the club.

Not a johny come lately coach or administrator or player. They're passing through the club. Now there are exceptions to this. People like Sean dempster who took a pay cut in his B&F year. People who give up time, money and bleed for it.

If we are not getting the onfield results we want then in Ratten words maybe we should move on those who have been there and been ineffective. "If you can't do it we will find someone who can". That should be our mantra.

Because if we don't sort this basket case of a club out once and for all within the next 15 years we are going to find our selves in significant strife. 15 years is not a long time either. 2 and a bit richos. Or the prelim when we lost to port. Blink and you'll miss it.

Thing is this forum is an unfiltered microcosm of a larger supporter base.

People on here obviously converted passionate supporters. They've found somewhere very niche to talk further about the game. So if they're frustrated and at their witts end imagine how the impartial supporter feels!!!!

Supporters who spend money with the club allow people to be employed and earn money.

Our loyalty as a supporter base should be to our fellow supporter. Not any one individual at the club.

We should be forever in debt to anyone who spends money at the club.

Not a johny come lately coach or administrator or player. They're passing through the club. Now there are exceptions to this. People like Sean dempster who took a pay cut in his B&F year. People who give up time, money and bleed for it.

If we are not getting the onfield results we want then in Ratten words maybe we should move on those who have been there and been ineffective. "If you can't do it we will find someone who can". That should be our mantra.

Because if we don't sort this basket case of a club out once and for all within the next 15 years we are going to find our selves in significant strife. 15 years is not a long time either. 2 and a bit richos. Or the prelim when we lost to port. Blink and you'll miss it.
Yep so if passionate supporters on here are dropping off what hope have we got. We need as much support as we can get. That much is obvious. I can't sit here and let comments like that slide. It does absolutely no good for a club we say we all love.

You have already dropped off along with the 5 other memberships your family pays for. A mass exodus is the last thing we want. You can say it's only 6 memberships and it won't affect the club massively, but you do it and someone else does it and then there's 5000 members a year cancelling their financial support of the club. I don't think you realise how much it hurts the club or the effect it actually has on not only membership but a string of other things too.

I said it last night - A supporter supports and I haven't seen much of that lately.

Yep so if passionate supporters on here are dropping off what hope have we got. We need as much support as we can get. That much is obvious. I can't sit here and let comments like that slide. It does absolutely no good for a club we say we all love.

You have already dropped off along with the 5 other memberships your family pays for. A mass exodus is the last thing we want. You can say it's only 6 memberships and it won't affect the club massively, but you do it and someone else does it and then there's 5000 members a year cancelling their financial support of the club. I don't think you realise how much it hurts the club or the effect it actually has on not only membership but a string of other things too.

I said it last night - A supporter supports and I haven't seen much of that lately.

You're looking at the symptom and addressing that rather than the cause.

Why are supporters dropping off?

You're looking at the symptom and addressing that rather than the cause.

Why are supporters dropping off?
A low membership base is no good irrespective of the teams on field performance.

Does cancelling your membership improve the chances of us getting better people into the club?
With less money coming through, are we able to pump money back into the football department?
Will we be able to hire people of better quality/experience?
How about our sponsors? What are the chances we sign better sponsors or more lucrative off-field deals?

We will need to keep doing things like playing in China and looking at other obscure ways to earn money because we don't have the support from our fans.

We're all in this together. The club needs to get better but it can't get better without any money or a strong backing from it's fans.

People can be in denial about that fact if they want. That's not my problem. It's obvious how much a club is affected by a low membership base.

A low membership base is no good irrespective of the teams on field performance.

Does cancelling your membership improve the chances of us getting better people into the club?
With less money coming through, are we able to pump money back into the football department?
Will we be able to hire people of better quality/experience?
How about our sponsors? What are the chances we sign better sponsors or more lucrative off-field deals?

We will need to keep doing things like playing in China and looking at other obscure ways to earn money because we don't have the support from our fans.

We're all in this together. The club needs to get better but it can't get better without any money or a strong backing from it's fans.

People can be in denial about that fact if they want. That's not my problem. It's obvious how much a club is affected by a low membership base.
That's great but why are they dropping off?

That's great but why are they dropping off?
If you cared to read the post you'd see I mentioned we need to get better.

How we get better without any money is beyond me though!

Anyway, I don't get your position. You have complained about low attendance and low membership numbers in the last 12 months, yet now you defend people who are doing exactly what you complained about. Not turning up and not chipping in.

So you obviously know what effect it has on the football club yet you think we will somehow work it out without the supporters help.

I'm stumped.

If you cared to read the post you'd see I mentioned we need to get better.

How we get better without any money is beyond me though!

Anyway, I don't get your position. You have complained about low attendance and low membership numbers in the last 12 months, yet now you defend people who are doing exactly what you complained about. Not turning up and not chipping in.

So you obviously know what effect it has on the football club yet you think we will somehow work it out without the supporters help.

I'm stumped.
I'm more concerned with decisions or club makes that cost us money rather than what individuals decide to do with it.

If we do the right thing they stay.

Imagine if we were as resolute on holding people to account at the club as we are in demanding supporters still part with their cash.

Richos extension is bewildering in that context. How about Cox. Pelchen. Ameet. Trout. Sexton. Hammil. Etc.

You must have forgot 6,7,9,11,14,15,16,20 and 23.

I said very few...
Three of those losses against current top 4 teams.
I don’t count the Port loss for obvious reasons.
I stand by my point that we have very seldom just turned up our toes. Lots of instances where we fought back, but in most cases we either shot ourselves in the foot with our finishing etc or talent and class won out.

I'm more concerned with decisions or club makes that cost us money rather than what individuals decide to do with it.

If we do the right thing they stay.

Imagine if we were as resolute on holding people to account at the club as we are in demanding supporters still part with their cash.

Richos extension is bewildering in that context. How about Cox. Pelchen. Ameet. Trout. Sexton. Hammil. Etc.
I think it's like this.

Poor onfield performance > drop in attendance > drop in membership > less money > lower chance of hiring quality/experienced people > poor onfield performance.

That cycle will just go around and around until the AFL step in and run the football club until it's back breathing again. This is the situation we find ourselves in now.

What would help is the following;

Poor onfield performance > no change in attendance > increase in membership > more money > better chance of hiring quality/experienced people > better onfield performance.

We are a big part of the clubs success and if we just leave the club will continue to play games in China for money and give up home games for money. We will continue to be financially backed by the AFL and see ourselves millions of dollars in debt.

You may contribute 0.5% towards the total income of the club but if 50,000 others do the same thing the club can put more money into hiring people in key positions and building the football department.

It's not a difficult thing to understand. If we have no money we can't do much.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013
I think it's like this.

Poor onfield performance > drop in attendance > drop in membership > less money > lower chance of hiring quality/experienced people > poor onfield performance.

That cycle will just go around and around until the AFL step in and run the football club until it's back breathing again. This is the situation we find ourselves in now.

What would help is the following;

Poor onfield performance > no change in attendance > increase in membership > more money > better chance of hiring quality/experienced people > better onfield performance.

We are a big part of the clubs success and if we just leave the club will continue to play games in China for money and give up home games for money. We will continue to be financially backed by the AFL and see ourselves millions of dollars in debt.

You may contribute 0.5% towards the total income of the club but if 50,000 others do the same thing the club can put more money into hiring people in key positions and building the football department.

It's not a difficult thing to understand. If we have no money we can't do much.
All this is correct George
But why do members drop off ? there are many reasons
When you settle down and have Kids and have to make choices of where the money goes
The mortgage
School fees
Kids School fees
Braces for your daughter $7000 Grrr

You get my drift, there are so many other things competing for our money and when the club starts to struggle the footy membership becomes the option.
Take last year with 4 wins we had our family Membership even with that to travel into town pay car parking - grab a meal a few drinks its still a decent money day, or stay home watch on fox .

also we are a double income family that do ok, so it must be real hard for a family just starting out with a new house and starting up a family

When you settle down and have Kids and have to make choices of where the money goes
The mortgage
School fees
Kids School fees

You get my drift, there are so many other things competing for our money and when the club starts to struggle the footy membership becomes the option.
Take last year with 4 wins we had our family Membership even with that to travel into town pay car parking - grab a meal a few drinks its still a decent money day, or stay home watch on fox .

also we are a double income family that do ok, so it must be real hard for a family just starting out with a new house and starting up a family
That's a lot different.

I am critical of those who withdraw financially because of the teams performance, not because they have other expenses. If someone can't afford it or they have other commitments that's fine. But those that can and choose not to because we are not doing so well is what I have issue with.

The mortgage
School fees
Kids School fees

Spot on

That's a lot different.

I am critical of those who withdraw financially because of the teams performance, not because they have other expenses. If someone can't afford it or they have other commitments that's fine. But those that can and choose not to because we are not doing so well is what I have issue with.
What about change in priorities. What if people would just prefer to put the money else where.

What about change in priorities. What if people would just prefer to put the money else where.
As I mentioned, I am critical of those that can but choose not to.

That's a lot different.

But poor performances are often the trigger to get rid of a membership. It becomes harder to justify it when money gets tough or people have other commitments.

But poor performances are often the trigger to get rid of a membership. It becomes harder to justify it when money gets tough or people have other commitments.
Sure, and that's not what I'm arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back