Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think that the club is accepting mediocrity and isn't focused on improvement? What would you call what we did in the off-season last year after a four win year?

You're missing the point. Instead of listening to the points you're still ultra defensive.
I'm not taking a side, I'm just giving context for why some would want to give their membership up. It's not as simple as merely buying one no matter what kind of bullshit the club does.

You're missing the point. Instead of listening to the points you're still ultra defensive.
I'm not taking a side, I'm just giving context for why some would want to give their membership up. It's not as simple as merely buying one no matter what kind of bulls**t the club does.
No I'm listening. I just think it's ridiculous for people to expect us to improve but then go and withdraw their support. Support is a big part of what we will need to be able to improve. If we drop in membership we drop in attendance we drop in sponsorship we drop in luring quality players across we drop in making good appointments and we drop in the overall state of the club.

It's not the only factor but it is one of them and it's a big part of it.

You or anyone can withdraw their support if they like but don't expect us to improve because of it.

Well there's plenty wrong with this post.

Billings not consistent? Has been for two full seasons now.

Of course if people say they don't care about the football club then they should expect some backlash for their comments from people who actually do care about the club. That is obvious. You and others seem to not understand that because the team isn't performing as well as we would like does not mean the club as a whole is run poorly. Snapchat scandal was while Carlisle was at Essendon if you have forgotten. It's just that it was released the day after we signed him - not our fault whatsoever so I don't know why you blame the club for that.

We have had leadership problems for years? That's a stretch. I guess Riewoldt and co you've forgotten about. I would say we have a young list with lack of quality talent that as a list has been compromised by compromised drafts during 2011 and 2012 when Gold Coast and GWS took all the elite talent, leaving clubs that were struggling at the time (US) in an even worse position. No wonder we had to cut and cut hard. We needed to find other ways of bringing in elite talent because drafting it at the time was near on impossible.

You really think that the AFL changed the rules just to screw us? And you think the umpires have an agenda against us? .........

You credit Finnis but say since 2011 all we've had is bulls**t. So which one is it. Finnis is the best thing that has happened to our football club in a long long time. Everything was trending upwards at the end of 2017. Finnis shouldn't have extended Richardson's contract prematurely, and is probably his only real mistake. But in saying that - nobody expected 2018. I don't think any of us here had us finishing on 4 wins last year. So what did we do? We bolstered the football department. We brought in Graeme Allan and Billy Slater. Simon Lethlean came to oversee the football department after a long and successful career in the AFL. We turfed almost all the assistant coaches and brought in Brendon Lade, Jake Batchelor & Brett Ratten. And the result? We doubled our win tally. What is the constant theme of the last two seasons however is the glaring absence of star quality. Those players I mentioned before that were drafted in 2011 and 2012 to the Suns and Giants have just started to really hit their straps. Gee, I wish we could've had access to them too.

Ratten said it best re the performance on Saturday. We butchered the ball around the ground and in front of goal, and he has identified the need to bring in better users. Something Richardson failed to do and something Richardson seemingly dismissed, playing players who constantly turned the ball over on the basis of their work rate and compettiiveness. Ratten is a different person, has a different idea of how we should play and if he gets the job I'm positive next year we will pick players based on skill first and foremost.

It doesn't take away from the FACT that people withdrawing financially does not benefit the club. Some people don't seem to realise the impact it actually has.

I guess it's about how invested you are. I was a Melbourne City member and after years of waiting I just couldn't be ****ed any more. I had a pretty half hearted attachment to them anyway and dumb decision making and losing the players I actually enjoyed watching shut the doo on them for me. I now don't even care if they exist or not. It would take a miracle fo me to reengage. I imagine there are St Kilda fans that feel similar.

I guess it's about how invested you are. I was a Melbourne City member and after years of waiting I just couldn't be f’ed any more. I had a pretty half hearted attachment to them anyway and dumb decision making and losing the players I actually enjoyed watching shut the doo on them for me. I now don't even care if they exist or not. It would take a miracle fo me to reengage. I imagine there are St Kilda fans that feel similar.
This is why I think it is such a big deal. If diehards on here are going to drop off then imagine what half arsed supporters will do. It's like I'm arguing a point that is known fact. It hurts the club.

And that is all well and good. Reporting is good.
I would suggest that a couple of posters may want to have all facts in front of them before sprouting crap whilst the person who is being badmouthed can't actually stick up for themselves due to a suspension. Comes across as weak.
That isn't directed at you btw.
You want people to have all the facts and not make assumptions

And then in the very next breath accuse people of sprouting crap because you just did the thing you're having a cry about. Making assumptions. You don't even know what was said or what people are complaining about.

Mate I was one of the people that copped it!!!!

Everyone saw it last night. VDS didn't even try and hide it. He had an absolute mare which you'd like to think is out of character.

It's pathetic. There is absolutely no place for keyboard hero threats of violence on here. Lame ass jokes. Banter or otherwise.

It's should have a zero tolerance approach.

Wanna do that s**t run off to 4chan or something.

No I'm listening. I just think it's ridiculous for people to expect us to improve but then go and withdraw their support. Support is a big part of what we will need to be able to improve. If we drop in membership we drop in attendance we drop in sponsorship we drop in luring quality players across we drop in making good appointments and we drop in the overall state of the club.

You or anyone can withdraw their support if they like but don't expect us to improve because of it.

I agree to a point, sometimes the shock factor might kick them into gear. I'm pretty pessimistic but feel like if people like me pull up stumps the club will collapse so I go on.

If we drop in membership we drop in attendance we drop in sponsorship we drop in luring quality players across we drop in making good appointments and we drop in the overall state of the club.

Which is why it's important those in charge work to improve things instead of accepting mediocrity year on year. That's why dropping a membership works so well in showing displeasure in the direction a club is going.

And at the same time the club should not expect the supporters to cough up their money unconditionally they havent been the greatest over the last few years. A well ran club will have a strong membership

You want people to have all the facts and not make assumptions

And then in the very next breath accuse people of sprouting crap because you just did the thing you're having a cry about. Making assumptions. You don't even know what was said or what people are complaining about.

Mate I was one of the people that copped it!!!!

Everyone saw it last night. VDS didn't even try and hide it. He had an absolute mare which you'd like to think is out of character.

It's pathetic. There is absolutely no place for keyboard here threats of violence on here.

Wanna do that s**t run off to 4chan or something.

I missed the fireworks, I have my battles with VDS but that sounds out of character for him. It was a pretty heated night and I think a few of us might have some regrets about our behaviour. Sounds pretty unacceptable though.

I missed the fireworks, I have my battles with VDS but that sounds out of character for him. It was a pretty heated night and I think a few of us might have some regrets about our behaviour. Sounds pretty unacceptable though.
Good summation.

I saw the Bulldogs game and the Tigers game today. During one of them the commentators were talking about Ben Dixon, the goalkicking coach of either the doggies or the tigs. If that is the case it might explain why our goalkicking is so poor. Did anyone else pick this up during the game?

I saw the Bulldogs game and the Tigers game today. During one of them the commentators were talking about Ben Dixon, the goalkicking coach of either the doggies or the tigs. If that is the case it might explain why our goalkicking is so poor. Did anyone else pick this up during the game?
Isn't he our goal kicking coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get all the angst and membership cancellation talk.
It was a poor game but we had a pretty good year all things considered and I for one expect drastic improving next year.
Before the season I remember people on here expecting 3-4 wins. We ended up with 9 even after a horrible injury run!
And most importantly, we got rid of Richo!

And at the same time the club should not expect the supporters to cough up their money unconditionally they havent been the greatest over the last few years. A well ran club will have a strong membership
A well run club will have the money to appoint great people that will inevitably drive on field performance.

Without money, we are owned by the AFL.

Which is why it's important those in charge work to improve things instead of accepting mediocrity year on year. That's why dropping a membership works so well in showing displeasure in the direction a club is going.
Does nothing to improve the situation. And I'm sure the club can see the frustration from supporters without looking at the figures.

A well run club will have the money to appoint great people that will inevitably drive on field performance.

It’s a vicious cycle George

There's not much difference between us and WCE when it comes to football dept spend

The difference is in how we use it.

It’s a vicious cycle George
Yep. IMO If we don't have the backing of our supporters we will go nowhere.

There's not much difference between us and WCE when it comes to football dept spend

The difference is in how we use it.
Yeah and the sponsorship deals we receive and the attendance dollars we bring in and the quality players we recruit and the great people we appoint and the games in China we play and the AFL taking us over...

It has much more of a damaging effect on the football club than just spend.

I feel like we're just going around and around in circles here anyway.

You don't think a huge drop in membership makes much of a difference. I do. I guess we can leave it at that.

By the way fellas - at least we aren't going through what Adelaide are right now. Gee wizz :D
Just read those comments. Woweeeee

If I was an Adelaide supporter I wouldn't be burning my membership. Id be marching down to their HQ to protest.

I finally hit peak frustration yesterday. I say screw the AFLPA and tell them their nembers aren't worthy of their cushy existence at our club.

Our players compared to others in this competition just don't deserve the same amount of holidays as the rest of the league. If you can't even go at 60% efficiency in a game then you need some serious focus on your skills.

We need to get dispensation from the AFL to get our bunch of butchers back after 4 weeks so we can skill them up to a minimum standard.

I know it ain't happening but as I said.. peak frustration.

It feels like they already do, George. Remember where Richmond was just 4 years ago? Couldn't beat an egg. If any supporter group was justified in dropping off, it was theirs. 30+ years of mediocrity and failure

Today their membership stands at 103,000! I still remember when Benny Gale took over and vowed to get 70,000 members, at a time when they had half that many. Everybody laughed. Who's laughing now?

If they can do it, so can we. One of the best off - field recruits we could get is whoever has handled their marketing and membership drives. I've heard of the company, but can't recall the name. Does anyone know?

*Speaking of laughter, when I told all my friends I was going to do stand up comedy, they all laughed. Well, they're not laughing anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back