Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is billy slater still at the club? given the exodus of dixon and dermie?

I’m guessing Dermie was only meant to finish the year out which meant after the last training session he was finished.
I’m curious to know what Slater achieved, if anything. I thought it was a genius appointment but once the footy began he was nowhere to be seen.
Not sure anyone’s leadership credentials improved this year.

Well there's plenty wrong with this post.

Billings not consistent? Has been for two full seasons now.

Of course if people say they don't care about the football club then they should expect some backlash for their comments from people who actually do care about the club. That is obvious. You and others seem to not understand that because the team isn't performing as well as we would like does not mean the club as a whole is run poorly. Snapchat scandal was while Carlisle was at Essendon if you have forgotten. It's just that it was released the day after we signed him - not our fault whatsoever so I don't know why you blame the club for that.

We have had leadership problems for years? That's a stretch. I guess Riewoldt and co you've forgotten about. I would say we have a young list with lack of quality talent that as a list has been compromised by compromised drafts during 2011 and 2012 when Gold Coast and GWS took all the elite talent, leaving clubs that were struggling at the time (US) in an even worse position. No wonder we had to cut and cut hard. We needed to find other ways of bringing in elite talent because drafting it at the time was near on impossible.

You really think that the AFL changed the rules just to screw us? And you think the umpires have an agenda against us? .........

You credit Finnis but say since 2011 all we've had is bulls**t. So which one is it. Finnis is the best thing that has happened to our football club in a long long time. Everything was trending upwards at the end of 2017. Finnis shouldn't have extended Richardson's contract prematurely, and is probably his only real mistake. But in saying that - nobody expected 2018. I don't think any of us here had us finishing on 4 wins last year. So what did we do? We bolstered the football department. We brought in Graeme Allan and Billy Slater. Simon Lethlean came to oversee the football department after a long and successful career in the AFL. We turfed almost all the assistant coaches and brought in Brendon Lade, Jake Batchelor & Brett Ratten. And the result? We doubled our win tally. What is the constant theme of the last two seasons however is the glaring absence of star quality. Those players I mentioned before that were drafted in 2011 and 2012 to the Suns and Giants have just started to really hit their straps. Gee, I wish we could've had access to them too.

Ratten said it best re the performance on Saturday. We butchered the ball around the ground and in front of goal, and he has identified the need to bring in better users. Something Richardson failed to do and something Richardson seemingly dismissed, playing players who constantly turned the ball over on the basis of their work rate and compettiiveness. Ratten is a different person, has a different idea of how we should play and if he gets the job I'm positive next year we will pick players based on skill first and foremost.

It doesn't take away from the FACT that people withdrawing financially does not benefit the club. Some people don't seem to realise the impact it actually has.
With respect, I think you read my post but didn't really take it in. I guess you're probably a busy guy so I'm not annoyed. If you ever do find yourself with more time, reflect on it a bit more rather than responding quickly. Its possible I didn't phrase it clearly enough, but it seems like you misconstrued most of what I wrote. Just one small example: where did I say that the AFL deliberately changed the rules to screw with us? I was making the point that even when we do get it right, forces outside us make us weaker. It was a minor point, but the easiest to clear up for you.

I won't go over other individual points because I believe you'll see what I've said for yourself if you read again and reflect without defending.

Don't worry, as I said a couple of days ago, I'm fairly certain I was just venting and I'll still end up letting my EasyPay membership continue into 2020, and I do agree with many of your points by the way. It's a shame you couldn't see what I was saying though.

Last edited:

Hang on. What happened to BT. I don't condone that at all.

That does not mean it's ok to start threatening people.

That s**t cannot be tolerated.

I actually haven't seen you do any obvious needling myself, give unpopular opinion...yes. I don't know why you cop so much heat to be honest, it's become a sport for some.

In fairness to BT, as an observer from my cell on Sat night
This place did get rather toxic and negative on the night, even by my dubious standards
And BT always seeking the positive much like our daily Santa Claus in Premo had just
Had enough and cracked! From memory i don't think it was St.C that set him off
Unless it was a flow on effect from his sledgehammer style of hammering home the point
Bless his manic heart!

Did they seriously lock you up MM?

Did they seriously lock you up MM?
The Mightymalaka received a holiday.
I think it was for posting a Mariah Carey track in the Saint's Disco (since been removed)
Usually MM has excellent taste in music and would never subject his fellow posters to Mariah.
But I think he just became very emotional after the Carlton loss and the vegan souvlaki he was offered tipped him over the edge.

With respect, I think you read my post but didn't really take it in. I guess you're probably a busy guy so I'm not annoyed. If you ever do find yourself with more time, reflect on it a bit more rather than responding quickly. Its possible I didn't phrase it clearly enough, but it seems like you misconstrued most of what I wrote. Just one small example: where did I say that the AFL deliberately changed the rules to screw with us? I was making the point that even when we do get it right, forces outside us make us weaker. It was a minor point, but the easiest to clear up for you.

I won't go over other individual points because I believe you'll see what I've said for yourself if you read again and reflect without defending.

Don't worry, as I said a couple of days ago, I'm fairly certain I was just venting and I'll still end up letting my EasyPay membership continue into 2020, and I do agree with many of your points by the way. It's a shame you couldn't see what I was saying though.
Sorry mate I am just tired of the negativity directed towards the club, most of it is made up rubbish just used as an attempt to sink the boots in once again. Not saying you did that. I am just tired of it. Wish people could just be critical when it's warranted, and not change their entire opinion of the club from week to week.

George I wouldn’t worry about people saying they’re going to drop off, arguing with people online isn’t going to change their minds IMO.
Ask StCicatriz about that.

I actually haven't seen you do any obvious needling myself, give unpopular opinion...yes. I don't know why you cop so much heat to be honest, it's become a sport for some.
+1

I’m guessing Dermie was only meant to finish the year out which meant after the last training session he was finished.
I’m curious to know what Slater achieved, if anything. I thought it was a genius appointment but once the footy began he was nowhere to be seen.
Not sure anyone’s leadership credentials improved this year.
Leaders are born not made

Dixon left the club some time ago from what I've been told. Not sure why it hasn't been reported or mentioned much.
Still having trouble getting out of the place apparently

2niup2x.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the game....it was a warm afternoon in Sydney.....the Swans had several milestones to celebrate.......Buddy was back....hadn't played for weeks and normally rips us a big one.....we'd had a shocking loss the week before.

What could possibly go wrong.

I had a great time at the SCG....NOT !!!!!

After the first 15 minutes I had that "sinking " feeling yet again.....here we go again !!!!

Given that awful start and us racking up the behinds in the 2nd 1/4....was more than a little surprised we were level at 1/2 time.....7 scoring shots to 1 in the 2nd 1/4.

Txted a mate back in Melb that it will more than likely come back and bite us in the arse….and......

I can't tell you how painful that last 1/4 was becoming......their goals...the crowd going crazy...….after 15 mins I did what any sane Saints fan would do and head for the bus stands...…...wanted to beat the rush...lol.

After watching the Carlton disaster and watching Sat...….was really wondering where on earth we were heading.

I don't buy the "it's the last game" line.....for me,wearing the jumper is an absolute non negotiable.

If your not up to it....out you go.

Sitting in the bus....I was ropeable about yet another shocker finish.

Back at the hotel happy hour was in full swing.....the red was certainly doing the trick...….I calmly was thinking........"it's the list my dear watto"

As many have said....we aint at this point….a good team.

So so envious of the Doggies reboot.....what a turn around since mid season.

My travel score this year is also a shocker...0-4.

I often think...."why do I keep doing this"

Seems like there was some trouble here the other night , ive just been reading some previous posts . Does that happen often as i dont want to get involved in that sort of stuff . Has it all be sorted ? There are mods here arent there ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bring your helmet and mouth guard if you come on here after any kind of disappointment.

Seems like there was some trouble here the other night , ive just been reading some previous posts . Does that happen often as i dont want to get involved in that sort of stuff . Has it all be sorted ? There are mods here arent there ?

Don't worry, the mods do a great job of keeping this place in check. It can get a bit heated after major disappointment takes over but generally it's pretty good.

I missed the whole thing, I think I was busy watching the cricket. I just came in the next morning and the furniture was all over the place, half drunk beer cans all around, and some big heavy bloke passed out on the couch which was halfway out the front door. Anyway, I haven't read back and still have no idea what happened, but it was my first experience of that (although I missed it) on here. I've always found most of the debates in the gameday and trade threads mostly full of humour - some good, some pretty ordinary. I usually try to contribute to the latter.
Hopefully everyone gets over whatever it was all about and things resume as normal. Which is usually pretty far from normal. I think the mods do a really good job, but I've got a bit of anxiety these days about whether I'm on topic or not. Keep hitting the send button and then bracing for a whack. Hang on, what thread is this again? Oh $**+.

And Bruce apparently to go with Steven off to Geelong!

Looks like the off season roller coaster ride
Will be just as wild as the season itself!

Nice to see the Saints are embracing their past!
I understand that we need to overhaul our list. However, I fail to see how losing quality players like Steven, Carlisle and Bruce in one hit would improve us. Key position players don't grow on trees. Guys like Newnes, Dunstan, Lonie, Acres etc. I could abide. Not because I want them gone, just because they're more expendable and replaceable.

Also the media commentators make me laugh how they assess our trades. Gerard Healy reckons we'd need two first rounders to land Brad Hill. Matthew Lloyd reckons Carlisle is worth a late third rounder at best. I wouldn't want to buy a used car from either of them.

i did read the other day in America at the Gridiron last year they had record numbers of young kids going to games according to ticket info . They have the same distractions as our kids .

AFL just has to ensure it remains the number one distraction of choice for the young folk of today. Not that easily achieved, however, I note the AFL broke the overall attendance record for the third year in a row.

They must be doing something right for the audience to be that engaged. Record membership as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back