Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintbloke

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Went to the game....it was a warm afternoon in Sydney.....the Swans had several milestones to celebrate.......Buddy was back....hadn't played for weeks and normally rips us a big one.....we'd had a shocking loss the week before.

What could possibly go wrong.

I had a great time at the SCG....NOT !!!!!

After the first 15 minutes I had that "sinking " feeling yet again.....here we go again !!!!

Given that awful start and us racking up the behinds in the 2nd 1/4....was more than a little surprised we were level at 1/2 time.....7 scoring shots to 1 in the 2nd 1/4.

Txted a mate back in Melb that it will more than likely come back and bite us in the arse….and......

I can't tell you how painful that last 1/4 was becoming......their goals...the crowd going crazy...….after 15 mins I did what any sane Saints fan would do and head for the bus stands...…...wanted to beat the rush...lol.

After watching the Carlton disaster and watching Sat...….was really wondering where on earth we were heading.

I don't buy the "it's the last game" line.....for me,wearing the jumper is an absolute non negotiable.

If your not up to it....out you go.

Sitting in the bus....I was ropeable about yet another shocker finish.

Back at the hotel happy hour was in full swing.....the red was certainly doing the trick...….I calmly was thinking........"it's the list my dear watto"

As many have said....we aint at this point….a good team.

So so envious of the Doggies reboot.....what a turn around since mid season.

My travel score this year is also a shocker...0-4.

I often think...."why do I keep doing this"
I was really disappointed by the half-hearted effort by quite a few players against the Blues and Swans after half time. These are AFL matches where the players are paid big money to play top-level footy, not play for a bush team who are just waiting to have a few beers after the last game.
These are also games where you hope to see individuals who have that natural competitive sprit and contest at 100%, regardless of the outcome, but most failed, and some badly.
Dunno if it was something the coach said at half time in each match, but more than likely we have some marshmallows on the list.

StCicatriz did George talk you down from dropping your membership through nagging you?
Hehehehe he got the club another 12 months and a 200 donation last year.

Club called me and confirmed my belief they're miles off on their own internal assessment on where they are at. This year proved that.

They said richo was a good coach who just needed more support and that 2018 was a one off. I told them 2018 wasn't a one off and the form line had been trending backwards for sometime and any club on track for a flag plays finals by now with their head coach. We had to agree to disagree but I paid up again.

Fast forward to now and:
1) richo clearly wasn't a good coach,
2) 2018 wasn't a one off.

This off season will speak volumes on where they see the list and what the path forward is.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
apparently the police have told dixon not to attend any speaking engagements for the possibility of snipers in the crowd... Dixon allegedly broke down into a severe laughing fit and had to be hospitalised
Which hospital, MG? Asking for a burly Italian mob friend of mine. Nothing suss!😒

saintbill

Premiership Player
Apr 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tom Browne saying we're shopping Carlisle around.

I like it personally. Was told by Finnis mate at the start of the year that Carlisle was cooked and may never play again. Could be b/s but it is a good source. Not the sort of bloke to exaggerate.

Anyway, was surprised when he came back so quickly. Was not as surprised when I watched him play. He has the worst agility in the comp. Was an absolute liability this year.

Maybe he improves next year with a proper preseason, but I would be pretty confident his best days are well and truly behind him.

There is nowhere to hide him, forwards are just agile for him these days. I would take a 2nd rounder any day of the week.

I like it personally. Was told by Finnis mate at the start of the year that Carlisle was cooked and may never play again. Could be b/s but it is a good source. Not the sort of bloke to exaggerate.

Anyway, was surprised when he came back so quickly. Was not as surprised when I watched him play. He has the worst agility in the comp. Was an absolute liability this year.

Maybe he improves next year with a proper preseason, but I would be pretty confident his best days are well and truly behind him.

There is nowhere to hide him, forwards are just agile for him these days. I would take a 2nd rounder any day of the week.

Shhhh! Could you please not let his possible suitors know!

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
if your mob friend wants to keep his day job (shooting people) tell him to stay far, far away! it's not worth it, Ben Dixon is like Kaiser Soze with two good legs
How could you suggest such a thing, MG? He would just like to visit him for a "chat". As long as Ben doesn't try to teach Vito how to shoot straight, all will be "fine".😉

I was really disappointed by the half-hearted effort by quite a few players against the Blues and Swans after half time. These are AFL matches where the players are paid big money to play top-leve

Both games were incredibly disappointing.

I was really hoping that we'd finish the season on a really strong note.

Went out without a whimper.

He will be fine I heard that Dixon is also a trained police sniper instructor
Dixon has now taken a coaching job with the Australian 10 Pin Bowling Team

tenor.gif

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Mods set standard and do something about it

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
How good have the last couple of weeks been

Back to this rubbish not worth being on here anymore joints toxic

Mods set standard and do something about it
We are discussing it now and lets leave it at that.

Would suggest to anyone reading this that thinks this board is toxic, to please do your bit to make it a better environment for everyone.

Now that my penance has been done...

View attachment 742640

Not out of character at all.

George - There's your proof. Go back through his post history for any reference to 'chicken' or 'cluck cluck' and you'll see this has been going on for 18 months. Happy for an admin or someone trustworthy to have temporary access to my account to corroborate.

Since they're now simultaneously unbanned, I suggest keeping an eye out for any deleted posts as they'll obviously be trying to cover their tracks.

I'm not personally threatened, but it is in fact an open invite to violence. Why else would cops not be involved? Does he want us to have a shoplifting competition? A nanna-tipping spree?

According to Mao2JongIl, challenging this muppet's opinions and derailing attempts is a forum crime. A little too closely involved, perhaps?
A reminder to all users: you can report a private convo post and an Admin can them add themselves to the convo.

Otherwise please keep these sorts of reports and user discussion to convos with mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back