Preview Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Saturday 24th August, 1:45PM AEST *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I heard somewhere he’s got concussion.
He got two more games this season than he probably thought he would.
Doesn't he have concussion? Bummer for him not to get a farewell. Been a great servant.

Didn't know he had concussion, I had heard that he was pushing for a farewell game having been told this year would be his last, which he would have figured. Of course shouldn't be playing him if he's concussed. Would have been good for it to end differently for him.

As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. :rolleyes:

It’s never too early to start praying for next season. A brilliant trade period, outstanding coach and a much shorter injury list would be the place to start.

Hallelujah! 😇

If Wilkie plays this week (as selected) then he'll have completed a pretty remarkable feat - playing all 22 games off the rookie list. Surely that doesn't happen much?

Got to be the recruit of the year, surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbons has done similarly well also from nowhere. Tom Atkins has only played one game less also as a rookie, Sydney Stack a few less again.

Sam Walsh, Connor Rozee, Bailey Smith will all play 22 in their debut years - but they're top 7 draft picks.

I think recruit of the year is more for mature aged recruits or players who have moved clubs, not first year players? I stand to be corrected.

Who knows? But probably hard to go too far past Lachie Neale or Tom Lynch if those are the criteria.

True.
Call me tunnel -visioned 🤣
Wilkie has been a great pick up for us though.

Ahh those selectors are funny buggers - after playing most of the season as a ruckman in the VFL, Sam Rowe comes in to play CHB on Buddy as part of the slowest defence in AFL history.

Is it Retro round? - must be since it looks like Brown is going to play Back pocket on the resting ruckman.
I doubt anyone expected Rowe to come in as a ruckman. He's been filling a hole in the VFL but he's not an AFL standard ruckman and he was never going to take Marshall's spot.

I am surprised he's in there at all, but I can't see where else you would play him besides the backline.

I doubt anyone expected Rowe to come in as a ruckman. He's been filling a hole in the VFL but he's not an AFL standard ruckman and he was never going to take Marshall's spot.

I am surprised he's in there at all, but I can't see where else you would play him besides the backline.
But then again neither are Allir Aliir or Ben Reid.

40% ruck, 20% forward, 40% bench

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back